Pre-Game Talk: WCF Game 4: The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
*If the Oilers happen to win tomorrow to ruin our plan, we have the right to increase the number of games at our discretion.

I just want know which pick we have to give up to Calgary for beating them in 5 games then getting superkicked into summer the round after that.

Reactions: oilers'72

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
JUWK_Y7Lr6-X7rjFRU3rZpPCNMydN3tx5asFNKCaOmk.jpg

Cue the reverse jinx.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Avs fans like to pretend they’re angels and that the nasty Blues fans are all racists, but apparently they’ve said the same shit about Kadri (edit: this was after they lost to Vegas after being up 2-0 in the series last year)

That fanbase also has fans beating up a gay bruins fan while yelling slurs at him.

Total saints.

Reactions: dsi and oilers'72

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Gary is going to get his Avs-Bolts cup final. One little wrench thrown in there with Edmonton beating Calgary (Calgary in the Conference final would drum up new arena talks) but it's all going according to plan.

At least get a win tomorrow so those panty sniffers don't win the Conference in the Oilers' barn.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
With Kane & Yamo out, dress Holloway. Sit Nurse. Activate Russell. Start Skinner. Smith has been dogshite and is not the starter next year. Give Skinner some playoff experience. You never know...what's the worse that can happen?

Last edited:
Reactions: destl

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
With Kane & Yamo out, dress Holloway. Sit Nurse. Activate Russell. Start Skinner. Smith has been dogshite and is not the starter next year. Give Skinner so playoff experience. You never know...what's the worse that can happen?
According to Oilers management Skinner loses the game and has a mental breakdown which costs us 15 years of a starting goalie.

Reactions: Patch101

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022
Gary is going to get his Avs-Bolts cup final. One little wrench thrown in there with Edmonton beating Calgary (Calgary in the Conference final would drum up new arena talks) but it's all going according to plan.

At least get a win tomorrow so those panty sniffers don't win the Conference in the Oilers' barn.
Yeah, the Oilers are losing because of the league lol.

Reactions: Turbonium

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022
Might as well just go full broad street bullies tomorrow as the reffing will be lopsided either way. Only half kidding.

Blind sided hits and slewfoots seems to be fair game so why not play along.
They should but they won't. There are not many character players on this team, if there was, then MacKinnon would have gotten run non stop after trying to end Drais career. He wasn't. Of course MacKinnon only did it because of Kane's hit, he has the balls do it because he knows no one on the Oilers will do anything about it.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
We all know that hockey is a game of inches.
In a matter of ten seconds Bouchard goes from ringing the GWG off the post to giving up the GWG because he doesn’t know which side of his man to be on.

For the record : posts and crossbars hit by the teams remaining in the playoffs.

Colorado 8
Tampa Bay 5
Rangers 7
Oilers 13

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
We all know that hockey is a game of inches.
In a matter of ten seconds Bouchard goes from ringing the GWG off the post to giving up the GWG because he doesn’t know which side of his man to be on.

For the record : posts and crossbars hit by the teams remaining in the playoffs.

Colorado 8
Tampa Bay 5
Rangers 7
Oilers 13
Wow that is lopsided. Do they actually keep that stat somewhere?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Holloway should be in, but we've already seen a coaching staff go with Malone for some reason. I expect them to put in Shore, Brassard or Griffith in Kane's absence.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Didn't stop other teams from playing their kids like Makar or Caufield. If the formula that involves dressing the likes of Kassian or Archibald have done f*** all to help the team, I'm 100% sure a black ace in Holloway who has all the NHL tools to play and succeed will arguably help this team in more ways than those plugs.

This is the same excuse that lead to Bouchard not playing even though he was ready last playoffs.
Bouchard is barely ready this playoffs. Holloway wasn’t that good in the AHL. It would be different if he was but he wasn’t. Broberg was way better.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Its just open season on our boys while the Avs will get away because their dumb fans will boo anything that doesn't go their way. Bunch of entitled spoiled little f***ing brats they have as a team and fans.

Waaaah, my team has led the NHL in powerplays given for the past 5 years, but I'm gonna continue to whine about the officials waaaah. Entitled prick.
I believe landeskog even mentioned race as being why Kadri was getting treated for the way he was by the officials

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Aves fans are a new level of scum. I was on reddit and commented that Landeskog and MacKinnon should have been disciplined for the headshot and slew foot, I got down voted, weirdly, but some piece of crap sent a suicide check to my account. I didn't even know that was a thing.

These guys are a special sort of trash.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
We were the better team in fans 3, look at the avs goals
. Basically 2 lucky bounces and a player coming out of the box and of course super soft goal. Heck even the avs player Originally thought the puck was under Smith for a second or 2.

Come out with the same fire and we take it to have 5.

Players need to know they cant win the series in 1 game, but they sure can lose it

Reactions: Mav3rick07

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Give the future a go and dress Skinner, Broberg, Holloway and Nemo!!

No mo Koski or Smith

Reactions: destl

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Aves fans are a new level of scum. I was on reddit and commented that Landeskog and MacKinnon should have been disciplined for the headshot and slew foot, I got down voted, weirdly, but some piece of crap sent a suicide check to my account. I didn't even know that was a thing.

These guys are a special sort of trash.

I don’t do Reddit much but saw some similar comments. I think r/hockey might be worse than the Mains here, and that’s saying a lot. Lots of “neutral” fans hate this team, and seem to hate the stars on this team. Some of that might be jealousy, especially from teams of bottom dwellers or recent first round virgins.

I think you can report them for that, not sure what they do though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad