GDT: WCF Game 3: Blues vs. Sharks | NBCSN 7pm CT | Power Play Goals? Who Needs 'Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Everyone on the Blues side needs to calm down, we got screwed...arguing with entitled Californians is going to go nowhere. There are many positives here. First, this WILL light a fire under the Blues to absolutely destroy the Sharks and honestly this will be the best case scenario moving forward as we have been playing at 60-70% potential minus the game 6's. Secondly, the Sharks look like hot garbage right now. Whether it's from being fatigued or banged up, they just don't look impressive. This is partly why their fanbase is clinging to the notion that they deserved this game...they're terrified of how awful their team looks. Bring it on....you just woke a sleeping giant.

Agreed. Wasted time on the SCP boards arguing with “entitled” Shark fans who think that missed calls in the 1st and 2nd nullify the non call in sudden death death OT. Others arguing it was a “legal” hand pass. Colossal waste of time on a smug fan base who have been “gifted” at key moments in these playoffs. We just need to beat them and not look back.

Reactions: Note fan in Big D

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Looking at a brightside of the game last night

4th line was great. Barbashev, Sunny and Steen seemed to find a different gear last night. If they can keep that up, I like our chances going forward.
Not if JB does not play better. Hes playing down to Martin Jones levels. 12 goals in 3 games is not acceptable. We need to defend better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Brutal, backbreaking loss. The hand pass was clear as day and the refs turned a blind eye to it. That's just a fact. Another fact is that we had several opportunities to just win it outright. Schwartz hits the empty net, it's over. Petro makes a better play instead of icing it with no pressure, it's over. O'Reilly ties up Couture's stick in front of the net, it's over. Etc. It doesn't excuse the absolutely horrific officiating, and the officials absolutely should be held accountable for their actions, but the Blues didn't do enough either to just close out the game. Feels like a series defining loss and one we'll look back on like all of the other brutal series losses in the past.

Reactions: Ranksu and BergMan

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Hand pass aside, wtf was everyone doing on that play? Schenn leaves Nyquist, Tarasenko leaves Karlsson. JBo not hard on the puck or body defending Nyquist. Binnington sliding terribly uncontrolled...

Not only did the refs blow the play. The Blues played it equally as bad.

SanFranBluesFan

Apr 16, 2017
Hand pass aside, wtf was everyone doing on that play? Schenn leaves Nyquist, Tarasenko leaves Karlsson. JBo not hard on the puck or body defending Nyquist. Binnington sliding terribly uncontrolled...

Not only did the refs blow the play. The Blues played it equally as bad.

They were going for that loose puck, if meier doesn't hit it it falls to Schenn's stick. Meier had no legal play on it

Reactions: RORbacon

Jon Schriner

Apr 11, 2019
After the crap that Walmart Great Value Brand Johnny Depp Jack Sparrow knockoff reject mother ****er said post game forget that!!!

TO WAR!!!!

I called him Wil Wheaton's super gay evil twin earlier, but I might like this better. Either way, f*** that guy and I hope someone puts him through the glass on his first shift in game 4.

Reactions: Bendak

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
Couture thanked Pietroangelo for the icings. He should have. Those were bone headed moves. I can accept one from him, but two? We shouldn't' have been in OT if it wasn't for those icings.

Thought this was humorous and gut wrenching at the same time.

Salt in the wound? Timo Meier is officially credited with an assist. So, the league ‘officially’ records an assist for a hand pass that ‘officially’ didn’t happen. #NHLOfficials #MissedABigOne #Sharks #Blues #STLvsSJS
— Bryan Polcyn (@bryanpolcyn) May 16, 2019

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Brutal, backbreaking loss. The hand pass was clear as day and the refs turned a blind eye to it. That's just a fact. Another fact is that we had several opportunities to just win it outright. Schwartz hits the empty net, it's over. Petro makes a better play instead of icing it with no pressure, it's over. O'Reilly ties up Couture's stick in front of the net, it's over. Etc. It doesn't excuse the absolutely horrific officiating, and the officials absolutely should be held accountable for their actions, but the Blues didn't do enough either to just close out the game. Feels like a series defining loss and one we'll look back on like all of the other brutal series losses in the past.
Painfull to read, but I agree.

IF we somehowe win this series we trully are team who deserve to win SC.

Depressing day at work. Hits back of my head how we lost thus game. Its like bad dream. Bleed Blue för ever.

Last edited:

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I don’t think I’ve ever been as angry with a player as I was when Petro iced the puck for the second time.

He had time and he he had space after a won faceoff and I was in stunned disbelief that he would choose to to take a few strides and wrist one down for an icing under those circumstances. I mean what the actual f*** man.

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
I don’t think I’ve ever been as angry with a player as I was when Petro iced the puck for the second time.

He had time and he he had space after a won faceoff and I was in stunned disbelief that he would choose to to take a few strides and wrist one down for an icing under those circumstances. I mean what the actual **** man.

That was as boneheaded of a play as they come. Like do that with a 2 goal lead, not 1.

Reactions: LBlues24

SanFranBluesFan

Apr 16, 2017
Couture thanked Pietroangelo for the icings. He should have. Those were bone headed moves. I can accept one from him, but two? We shouldn't' have been in OT if it wasn't for those icings.

Thought this was humorous and gut wrenching at the same time.

Salt in the wound? Timo Meier is officially credited with an assist. So, the league ‘officially’ records an assist for a hand pass that ‘officially’ didn’t happen. #NHLOfficials #MissedABigOne #Sharks #Blues #STLvsSJS
— Bryan Polcyn (@bryanpolcyn) May 16, 2019

Chief mentioned this and noted on the second one that Pietrangelo could have skated the puck out and got some room. You know he is going to f***ing rip petro for that bullshit, so that made me happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad