GDT: WCF Game 3: Blues vs. Sharks | NBCSN 7pm CT | Power Play Goals? Who Needs 'Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
So my family, who love the sharks, think they are getting the cup handed to them, and they are fine with it. They say sharks have been screwed enough and they deserve it, and they have watched for almost thirty years so it’s about time. The blues 50 plus doesn’t count. They say the refs are awful but they only care about a cup and they don’t care how they get it. So that’s that I guess.

Last edited:

SanFranBluesFan

Apr 16, 2017
So my family, who love the shakes, think they are getting the cup handed to them, and they are fine with it. They say sharks have been screwed enough and they deserve it, and they have watched for almost thirty years so it’s about time. The blues 50 plus doesn’t count. They say the refs are awful but they only care about a cup and they don’t care how they get it. So that’s that I guess.

Sound like really shitty people, aka Sharks fans

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Sound like really ****ty people, aka Sharks fans

Well I don’t find them shitty, but their thinking is. Still, what can I expect them to do? They could be against it, but it’s not like the refs will change or anything will change depending on the fans. I suppose if it were the other way around I’d feel and hate it but what could I do? It sucks though and I don’t want to deal with them when they win. It’s annoying because I want to turn everything hockey off at my house but it ain’t happening.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The thing that pisses me off, is that they don't seem to want to get the call right. On the interview with JR this morning, they referenced that Puckdaddy said six times this season, refs have used Jumbotron replay to get the call right.

Do these guys even have any common sense or use their brain. This BS, "The play can't be reviewed" is such a cop out.
Using the Jumbotron to correct nonreviewable calls is maverick reffing. It’s outside the rule book. The reason these guys are the conference finals refs is because they enforce the rules as written.

It sucks that none of the 4 officials saw it. But the solution is to codify support for the officials to benefit from the same obvious replays everyone else in the world could see.

Reactions: djeck42

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
So, after some sleep on it I've calmed down about things. The entire situation is horse ****! IF there was a tripping give the 2 min minor and let us fight for the win. IF the refs missed the call I thought all goals in overtime were supposed to be reviewed in Toronto and should have just re-dropped the puck and given the chance to again fight for the win.

The only thing I hope for is that this puts a fire in the belly of the team and try to take it out of the hands of the refs. NHL ref's we are all watching you much closer now!

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
So my family, who love the sharks, think they are getting the cup handed to them, and they are fine with it. They say sharks have been screwed enough and they deserve it, and they have watched for almost thirty years so it’s about time. The blues 50 plus doesn’t count. They say the refs are awful but they only care about a cup and they don’t care how they get it. So that’s that I guess.

That's the tone I see on the main boards.

So the Blues need to regroup and stop this from happening.

If not us, then the Bruins.

Reactions: BergMan

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm not going to pretend an be angry at Sharks fans for being happy. No one should be expecting Sharks fans to bend over backwards to apologize for the NHL. If the Blues won a Cup because the league botched something, I'm sure as hell not skipping the parade or waiting for the next Cup to get excited.

This "actually we're the victim of officiating" push from Sharks fans is tiresome and laughable, but I don't see anything wrong with accepting your team got a few breaks and still enjoying a win.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
The NHL released a statement last night:

"Plays of this nature are not reviewable. A hand pass that goes into the net can be reviewed but a hand pass between teammates cannot be reviewed."

Along with this verbal answer from the director of officiating for this series, Kay Whitmore:

"It's a nonreviewable play. You can read between the lines. You can figure out what you want. You watched the video. But it's just nonreviewable. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but that's the truth."

The NHL and Karen Whitmore are arrogant pseudo-intellectuals with important corporate work to tend to.

Two games and series outcomes in the Lord Stanley Cup Playoffs seriously gotten WRONG by the Refs and Toronto HDQs doesn't even have the gonads to apologize to the losing fans and teams.

The truth is the Refs, the rules and the league effed up. The NFL at least tries to get it right. The NHL can't even say it's top priority to get it right. They know it's effed up and like to wallow in their own brown piles.

The NHL is as clownish as the NBA and NCAAB which I quit following over 30 years ago. I quit baseball for ten years until they at least tried to re-educate the umpires on the strike zone.

NHL be forewarned your next mule.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
To be fair, I can't recall the NHL ever saying "you know what, this call was so terrible it affected the outcome of the game; we're going back and re-playing it from that spot." I can't recall the NFL ever doing that either. [What both leagues have in common: teams do not have the ability to protest a game.] The NFL does grant the Commissioner the ability to intervene in a game result due to "extraordinarily unfair acts" but that authority has never been exercised.

MLB gives teams the ability to protest, so it's happened there - but even then, it's really infrequent. [15 times, ever.] NBA also gives teams the ability to protest, and those instances are even more rare. [8 such cases.]

My opinion: the call was shit, and we know it. Championship teams overcome adversity and go find a way to win. Let's go out and win the next 3 games and make the Sharks STFU once and for all.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Strickland twitted out last nights officiating crew has been dismissed. No more playoff games for them. So there's that.
could be a very big loss for ref jose since those refs had a 11-2 record combined for the sharks this postseason.

it doesnt make the situation right though but nothing anyone can do about that now.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Well I don’t find them ****ty, but their thinking is. Still, what can I expect them to do? They could be against it, but it’s not like the refs will change or anything will change depending on the fans. I suppose if it were the other way around I’d feel and hate it but what could I do? It sucks though and I don’t want to deal with them when they win. It’s annoying because I want to turn everything hockey off at my house but it ain’t happening.

If it were the other way around, most Blues HF'ers would openly admit that we were gifted a game we had not won. Sharks' HF'ers seem incapable of even admitting as much....preferring to divert attention to purported missed minors early in the game.

Look, former NHL'ers are pretty much all over Twitter saying it's a joke.....b/c it is a joke.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If it were the other way around, most Blues HF'ers would openly admit that we were gifted a game we had not won. Sharks' HF'ers seem incapable of even admitting as much....preferring to divert attention to purported missed minors early in the game.

Look, former NHL'ers are pretty much all over Twitter saying it's a joke.....b/c it is a joke.
I'd easy say sorry, not sorry if it happened the other way.

Its not the Sharks fault, they benefited from piss poor reffing. Blues would have taken it and ran too. It does make them rat shit for not admitting it though. It's not like the league would reverse the game, they had nothing to lose and would probably gained some respect back. Anyways...Karlsson looks like a drowned rat anyways....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad