GDT: WCF Game 3: Blues vs. Sharks | NBCSN 7pm CT | Power Play Goals? Who Needs 'Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This video that Kerbs made is spot on. The Good, the bad, the ugly. The Blues showed a great responseto fight back and grab the lead, the PP actually got a goal which will hopefully keep up, the D played with 5 D the majority of the game into OT and looked ok for the most part. I personally the 2nd and 3rd were the first two periods we looked like the stronger team in this series. Kerbs mentions the bad allowing it to get to OT, and goals against. And finally the ugly ending.

Reactions: Bendak

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Still no statement from the league.

The NHL released a statement last night:

"Plays of this nature are not reviewable. A hand pass that goes into the net can be reviewed but a hand pass between teammates cannot be reviewed."

Along with this verbal answer from the director of officiating for this series, Kay Whitmore:

"It's a nonreviewable play. You can read between the lines. You can figure out what you want. You watched the video. But it's just nonreviewable. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but that's the truth."

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The NHL released a statement last night:

"Plays of this nature are not reviewable. A hand pass that goes into the net can be reviewed but a hand pass between teammates cannot be reviewed."

Along with this verbal answer from the director of officiating for this series, Kay Whitmore:

"It's a nonreviewable play. You can read between the lines. You can figure out what you want. You watched the video. But it's just nonreviewable. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but that's the truth."

Well...most folks know it was a blown call by 4 zebras. Obviously, the league can't admit that they hosed it up.

Reactions: Bendak

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
**** off, he was right. Sharks have gotten awful trash calls in each series to get here.

The Sharks have gotten a lot of breaks this playoffs but to go conspiracy theory and "woe is me" is for the weak.
The Blues have gotten away with just as many noncalls as the Sharks. To name two of them is the Perron DOG and the Blais hit to the head.
Was the hand pass noncall bullshit? Yeah and it affected the outcome of the game more than not calling penalties. Inept reffing has happened in a lot of games this year and the NHL has to fix it.
It was still bush league of Petro. He should have owned up to fact he iced it twice, with the second being terrible or else we might not have even been in OT to begin with.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
8DA9EAD2-C16F-4576-8A71-567D2692A31B.jpeg

You guys were robbed last night.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Avs fan here coming in peace and feel sorry for you guys !! Can't believe that I told my GF that SJ will go on the 3rd straight round with another deciding game where refs hand them the win and was right about it. It's hilarious and painful at the same time :(

Also would recommend not replying to that guy "Phu". He will never admit refs handed them a win and he will reply with such weird posts where he defend his team but watch the GTD when your team will win. He will blame the refs all the way never gives credit to your team even after how those same refs handed them two free pass for next rounds.

At least your team are still in and hope that will spark fire to go through them in 6 !! As weird as it is to say this but Let's go Blues !!

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
And Petro saying there's different rules for different teams is Bush league. Clear the puck without icing it twice and maybe it never would have gone to OT.

f*** off with this shit. The refs and the league deserve to be called out for this f***ing shit. The sharks have been getting favorable calls all playoffs. Stop acting like the players should bow down and not stand up for themselves.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
**** off with this ****. The refs and the league deserve to be called out for this ****ing ****. The sharks have been getting favorable calls all playoffs. Stop acting like the players should bow down and not stand up for themselves.

You can f*** off with your whiny bitching.
The refs screwed up. 4 officials missed the hand pass. 4 officials missed Perron's DOG. They sucked and the rule about it being not reviewable sucked.

Stop acting like Petro wasn't the main cause this game went to OT to begin with. His crappy icings, especially the second one were a huge reason the Sharks scored in regulation.
Stop acting like the players should stand there and give excuses and say there's two sets of rules. The hand pass caused a loss and it hurts but, other than that, calls have been ignored on both teams so far.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
You can **** off with your whiny *****ing.
The refs screwed up. 4 officials missed the hand pass. 4 officials missed Perron's DOG. They sucked and the rule about it being not reviewable sucked.

Stop acting like Petro wasn't the main cause this game went to OT to begin with. His crappy icings, especially the second one were a huge reason the Sharks scored in regulation.
Stop acting like the players should stand there and give excuses and say there's two sets of rules. The hand pass caused a loss and it hurts but, other than that, calls have been ignored on both teams so far.
People keep saying that Petro icing the puck led to the Sharks late goal. That simply isn't true. While the second icing was not a smart play, the resulting faceoff after that icing is not the one that ended up in the back of the net. There was a stoppage after on a save by Binnington. In my mind, the icing is wiped from the slate as the direct cause at that point.

The second icing took 6 seconds off the clock. If that puck doesn't go for icing, how many more seconds come off the clock? The Sharks would have found a way to get back into the zone. Adding salt to the wound; no Parayko after the reset; Bozak wins the faceoff; Bouwmeester loses a puck battle in the corner against Thornton.

upload_2019-5-16_13-37-44.png

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
People keep saying that Petro icing the puck led to the Sharks late goal. That simply isn't true. While the second icing was not a smart play, the resulting faceoff after that icing is not the one that ended up in the back of the net. There was a stoppage after on a save by Binnington. In my mind, the icing is wiped from the slate as the direct cause at that point.

The second icing took 6 seconds off the clock. If that puck doesn't go for icing, how many more seconds come off the clock? The Sharks would have found a way to get back into the zone. Adding salt to the wound; no Parayko after the reset; Bozak wins the faceoff; Bouwmeester loses a puck battle in the corner against Thornton.

View attachment 228437

The issue with all the icings was it gave San Jose a breather. Couture said as much in his interview after the game.

Reactions: Punished ROR

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Jaden Schwartz is FAR more to blame than Petro. Schwartz hits the empty net and Petro could've iced it all day long and it wouldn't have matter. Instead he clanked it off the outside and gave them life.

And Petro was 100% right about the call being total shit. Obviously it was total shit and it cost the Blues the game. He absolutely should say that.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis

View attachment 228437

We don't know what would have resulted if Petro didn't ice it the 2nd time. What we do know is that he could have skated with that puck and had Steen open to his left for support. He had plenty of time and he panicked.
Who knows? Maybe if he skated with the puck, the Blues might have gotten one of those elusive ENGs.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
The thing that pisses me off, is that they don't seem to want to get the call right. On the interview with JR this morning, they referenced that Puckdaddy said six times this season, refs have used Jumbotron replay to get the call right.

Do these guys even have any common sense or use their brain. This BS, "The play can't be reviewed" is such a cop out.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
I guess the bottom line is do you want to get the call right (I do) at the expense of a little longer game?

Review all goals like the NFL does. You're not looking for penalties (the NFL doesn't) but you're looking at how or if the goal was scored.
Did it cross the line
Was there goalie interference
No kicking motion
Was the puck hit with a high stick
Was there a hand pass

Reactions: blues hillbilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad