GDT: WCF Game 2: Blues @ Sharks | 8pm NBCSN | Let's Try This Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If Tarasenko would just learn or even utilize a slapshot, he would be so much more effective as a scoring forward. Yes, his wrist shot is one of the best in the league, but when you aren't creating anything yourself and you consistently dust off a pass, what's the point? He's such a big player and has such good balance, he could easily take over a game, but just chooses not to (beating Heiskanen off the rush).

As far as the powerplay goes, I have a theory as to why he sets up on the left side of the ice. I could be wrong cause I never #playedthegame, but it seems to me like he waits for the opposition to get in a blocking lane towards his shot, which, being a left handed shot, would be the short side. Once they are blocking that path (and potentially screening their goalie), he aims for the far side top corner, but usually misses or gets his shot blocked. I feel like setting him up near the center of the ice, more so right center would allow him to use this strategy more effectively. He would have better options to shoot (blocker and glove), and he would also have the ability to dish it to someone else who is in a better position to score.

Again, I dont even know if that makes any sense or would be a worthwhile look, but it's just something I've seemed to notice.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Also, how does one get an infraction for "censor bypassing" when they censored their own words?

I said a cuss-word but censored it all but one letter and got an infraction for censor bypassing. Ummm how can it be censor bypassing when its censored? :huh:

So I just stopped manually censoring words which is what I guess HFBoards wants to happen so they can do it auto-magically but thats just silly to me. :confused:

We got a board wide warning for doing exactly what you describe from EastonBlues22 a little while back.

Not to be an ass, but the mods did issue at least one public warning. I can't quite remember where/when it happened.

Not that I see much of a distinction, but clearly somewhere, someone raised a stink about it and now mods are stuck cracking down. I don't think this has EastonBlues22's fingerprints on it, he's just stuck enforcing the rule.

Reactions: Bendak

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'm a Sharks fan who occasionally visits opposition boards to see opinions from the other side of the rink. I always cringe when someone from the opposing fanbase posts trash talk or trolls a fanbase other than his/her own. True fans respect the opposition. I did want to say that you guys have a great organization and a very dangerous and talented team this year. I'll not be surprised if you take the win tonight given the stakes (and the Sharks' tendency of letting up on the gas in game two). I hope San Jose can move to the finals, but if it doesn't happen I'll be behind the Note for sure and hope you get the cup if we don't. Let's hope we have a great game that gets decided on the ice by the players tonight and for the rest of this series.

Amen. I'd love to see a series without any controversial calls, so the best team moves on this year.

I recognize my bias, hoping it's my boys - but this is the first series where I feel a team effort and stellar goaltending will be required to move forward. The previous 2 rounds the Blues were the deeper team, and didn't have to battle the odds to move on to the same extent.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
time to wake up 91, you want a cup then start playing like it. same goes for you 10

and refs, would you kindly f*** OFF

LETS GO BLUES

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
The whole team better wake up and skate tonight. After all the talk of great back checking in games 6 and 7 vs. the Stars, they did not work hard enough to get back during most of game 1. I just watched the goal replays again and they all mostly show Blues standing around, watching the play or getting beat like a pylon while the Sharks burst forward to the net.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I hope Chief does some line changes. I’d like to see Maroon - ROR- Tarasenko. Guess that’s the Marty McSorley coming out in me. Need somebody heavy on that line.

Or maybe this;

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron

Blais-O'Reilly-Tarasenko

Kinda recall DP57 had some chemistry with Schenn.

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
Let's see if Deboer can make it a game without whining about something.

Maybe the Blues can make him legit cry :popcorn:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Me: "Ah, hell ... I'm OK with where I am studying, I've got a little free time, I can take some of this evening to sit and listen to the Blues and see if they can .......... where the hell is the game, I thought it was supposed to be on Y98, why are they still playing songs if ..... 8PM start, are you f***ing kidding me? What kind of hell is this?"

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
Let's Go Blues! I'm sure I'm like most of you right now. Been through "it" over and over and so it sits deep inside me that this will end the same as it always has. But I'm feeling this team has something about them, that they have that resiliency to not lay down when backed into a corner. I hope SO much they play up to their potential tonight to back up my thoughts on the matter. This is a rare, great opportunity! Again, GO BLUES!!!!!

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
Let's see if Deboer can make it a game without whining about something.

Maybe the Blues can make him legit cry :popcorn:

I’d settle for any of the reactions below lol
AOin.gif

ImpoliteMatureIcefish-small.gif

SpryHorribleFruitfly-max-1mb.gif

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Me: "Ah, hell ... I'm OK with where I am studying, I've got a little free time, I can take some of this evening to sit and listen to the Blues and see if they can .......... where the hell is the game, I thought it was supposed to be on Y98, why are they still playing songs if ..... 8PM start, are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of hell is this?"

Oh it is bad! At least their new radio deal kicks in next year with a sports formatted station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig