Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Dear Vegas Fans,
After all that "incidentally " beer spilled on me tonight in Vegas, after that non-call on Schiefs. And I don't care if you gave me 40 PP after that. That was most emotionless night of hockey of my whole entire life (and we're talking about 500$ and WCF here). You can have a Stanley cup, just like garry wants you to have, you can have 5 cups in a row for all I care. I won't know about that, cuz I'm done with NHL.
I've been playing hockey for past 35 years, I've been coaching kids for 10 years + and what I saw is a game that I wouldn't be proud of if I won. My son is 7 years old and he is very good in this thing called hockey, but from this point on I'll not train him or any other kid on teams I coach to make it to NHL. I'll train them to be a better person, to overcome tough physical challenges, but not by any means I'll teach him (or any kid) what it takes to become an NHL player. I'll send a notice to all of the parents who trained by me (or their kids) as soon as I get back to Winnipeg. It is only fair for them to know.
I'll be coaching a different type of hockey from now on. Hopefully a fine state of Nevada will be able to fill the void created and get this hockey product ready and able for next "scenario". I enjoy hockey, I love hockey, but there is no room left in my heart for NHL business and politics.
I don't believe you're hockey fans, I don't believe you're hockey town or state. You're not a hockey organization. You're Carolina #2 at best. It is up to you to prove me wrong, maybe my son in 10 years from now will tell me there are 10-20 good hockey rookies from Nevada (which I doubt).
And I'll need him to tell me, cuz tomorrow (or when I get back to Manitoba) I cancel all of my connections to NHL, I've had enough of "neutral" reffing and enough of "accidental" beer spilling. Nowhere in the world or any major sport I haven't felt so disgusted by an organization or their fans.

Enjoy the ride

Omg what a crybaby! If you are using nhl Hockey as some sort of role model for your children you should maybe rethink that?
I’m sure the three people in Winnipeg tomorrow who dare to wear a Vegas shirt will be treated with kindness and respect at all points. Lol. Give me a break. And regarding the Shiefele cross check? It wasn’t great but Omg that was a love tap compared to the viscous Morrisey check to Staal’s head.
Right across the face but I suppose you didn’t seem to have much of a problem with that?

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Okay in fairness, not all of them were I'll give you that but your vocal minority was loud and doubted often. And as long as we're talking vocal minorities though, the Vegas fanbase on this site is one of the smallest in terms of presence due to the newness of the team. Before this series started we had exactly ONE fan genuinely disrespecting the Jets as an opponent, and one other responding to the Jets vocal minority in a facetious and sarcastic manner.

We can't defend the Jets fanbase on the back of a vocal minority without doing the same for Vegas fans.
Nor was I attempting to do so. A very small minority of the Vegas fan base was disrespecting the Jets, clearly not what the knowledgable fans of the team were doing.

Reactions: rosenqvist

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
2723C39A-125A-4B1B-AF76-79EEDA2FBD45.jpeg
Omg what a crybaby! If you are using nhl Hockey as some sort of role model for your children you should maybe rethink that?
I’m sure the three people in Winnipeg tomorrow who dare to wear a Vegas shirt will be treated with kindness and respect at all points. Lol. Give me a break. And regarding the Shiefele cross check? It wasn’t great but Omg that was a love tap compared to the viscous Morrisey check to Staal’s head.
Right across the face but I suppose you didn’t seem to have much of a problem with that?

Reactions: Kgame

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
If Vegas wins the Stanley Cup, I wonder if the amount of butthurt from entitled fans would overtake the amount of whining we witnessed when Crosby won his first cup in 09.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
i get all the sharks fans hating on vegas because a 1 year team having success out of the gate doesn't seem fair for a long suffering franchise

but this is just pathetic from the jets side because your team is a wcf calibre team (unlike SJ) so suck it up and beat a wcf calibre opponent. If you can't you don't deserve to be in the finals.

Pretty far cry to how cocky and excited some ppl were about being able to face a weak vegas team

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
TBH, if Vegas does indeed represent the WC in the finals I will be cheering for them. If the Jets can't win it, Vegas winning it would be a huge story.

A very small part of me would consider the NHL to be a little bush, but really the blame goes on the other organizations for making poor player personnel and coaching decisions to allow Vegas the path it has taken.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Maybe I am way off, but I am curious what you think?

Will Hughson and Simpson pay one compliment to Vegas and their players before the series ends?

They have praised MAF an awful lot. Marchessault, Smith and Karlson as well, though not as mcuh as MAF.

I can't disagree, but that seems to be along the same lines as many lamenting fans who think their team can't go wrong. That the only reason they are losing the series is because of MAF.

You argue they haven't complemented Vegas or their players, and then in your very next post acknowledge they've complemented many Vegas players.

You're way off. People whine way too much about PxP and commentary guys. They aren't slighting Vegas at all. They talk up Winnipeg a bit more because they're catering to a Canadian audience (and ostensibly, Winnipeg fans). That doesn't mean they've been unfair to Vegas with their analysis and commentary.

Reactions: Icarium

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
No. An expansion team SHOULDNT win championships. Not at this level of sport. So my point at the time was, perhaps the level of the NHL isn’t that high, due to the very small population of the world that plays hockey, as compared to other major sports. It’s a watered down league and Vegas is proving this.

By this logic, almost every sport at the Olympics is meaningless because of the "very small population of the world" that plays each of them.

Leicester City was effectively the equivalent of an expansion team in the Premier League and they won; are you going to say that soccer/football, the most played sport in the entire world, has a diluted talent pool?

For reference, statisticians put the chances of Leicester City to win the Premier League at 5000:1, exactly 10 times more unlikely the odds VGK had at the beginning of the season to win the Stanley Cup (500:1).

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
He cut Scheifele's face.

The stick caught him while he was falling down.

Purely accidental. There should have been a matching penalty on McNabb for interference though.

For the people whining about the non call on the "High Stick"
and the Jets should have been on a 4 minute Power Play instead of Killing off a penalty

gg0ebm.png

Not High-Sticking

vvxcdn.png

Not High-Sticking

The Refs made the correct call

member 147413

He cut Scheifele's face.

It wasn’t a cross check to the face. McNabb falling on top of him is what caused the cut. Still a penalty but the Jets haven’t gotten away with their fair share this playoffs.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Still wondering how the weak Pacific Sharks never went down 1-3 to Vegas while the unstoppable Central Jets did.

You should probably save these kinds of digs for when the series is actually over.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Or one could view it as the league has more depth of talent than ever and this is how Vegas was able to build such a talented team on so-called leftovers.

Just depends on perspective.

It probably depends less on perspective and a lot more on the actual intent:

“We have made that a point to (general managers that) they are going to be forced to expose better players (in an expansion draft)," deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Wednesday at the general manager meetings.

NHL's next expansion draft will be different

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
35 out of about 1000 voters picked Jets in 4, but by all means continue with this narrative that you’ve constructed for yourself.
Yes, and we know no Jets fans have changed their vote since Monday night, right?

:sarcasm:

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
By this logic, almost every sport at the Olympics is meaningless because of the "very small population of the world" that plays each of them.

Leicester City was effectively the equivalent of an expansion team in the Premier League and they won; are you going to say that soccer/football, the most played sport in the entire world, has a diluted talent pool?

For reference, statisticians put the chances of Leicester City to win the Premier League at 5000:1, exactly 10 times more unlikely the odds VGK had at the beginning of the season to win the Stanley Cup (500:1).
While I know you're replying to a post and its contents and I also know the magnitude of what Leicester pulled off calling a team promoted to the Premier League an expansion team and comparing it to Vegas' expansion team is not the same.

It's absolutely incredible what they pulled off but they were a team before while Vegas was a new team player-wise. Again, I know the point you were replying to so I'll say it's an interesting comparison and leave it at that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You should probably save these kinds of digs for when the series is actually over.
Why? The narrative was that Vegas couldn't hang with the Jets and the Pacific was nothing but a bunch of rinky dink amateurs that offered Vegas no competition. San Jose never went down 3-1 against Vegas and I can assure you San Jose was better in game 4 than Winnipeg has been since game 1. Sharks fans have the right to enjoy people being wrong about their team.

Reactions: ChanceVegas and Phu

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No. An expansion team SHOULDNT win championships. Not at this level of sport. So my point at the time was, perhaps the level of the NHL isn’t that high, due to the very small population of the world that plays hockey, as compared to other major sports. It’s a watered down league and Vegas is proving this.

Vegas is proving exactly the opposite. It's proving that there is more talent across the league than we realize, because good hockey players (like William Karlsson, Erik Haula and Reilly Smith) weren't getting the opportunity before to shine like they could. The more that we "water down" the league by adding teams, the more talent gets discovered to fill it right back up again. In the end, the league is much better off for it... or would you prefer there to still be only 24 teams, the Thrashers/Jets not existing at all and your star players (Laine, Scheifele and Wheeler) playing for some other team right now?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You won't find too many Jets fans not taking Vegas seriously before all of this. But even look at this poll results, over 70% in favor of the Jets winning the series. Jets were the last team in the playoffs to not be down in a series.

Vegas has done many little things to counter what the Jets do. They've exploited the Jets team slowness at retrieving the puck behind our net. They've done more than a few blind passes up the middle that have worked in their favor. They're good at countering our breakout, something we've never experienced before. Every single game they're finding good ways to counter what we do. They also seem to have Hellebuyck rattled. We saw last game they scouted how we tend to cheat on line changes and they pounced. I have no doubt in my mind that goal was very intentional.

But the counter is also advisable, don't count the Jets out. The odds are definitely against them now but don't write them off.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It probably depends less on perspective and a lot more on the actual intent:

“We have made that a point to (general managers that) they are going to be forced to expose better players (in an expansion draft)," deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Wednesday at the general manager meetings.

NHL's next expansion draft will be different
Oh well then gee. Game set match there. Do you have the quote where Daly intended the Knights to be cup contenders and the Knights were free to pick any superstar from any team?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Why? The narrative was that Vegas couldn't hang with the Jets and the Pacific was nothing but a bunch of rinky dink amateurs that offered Vegas no competition. San Jose never went down 3-1 against Vegas and I can assure you San Jose was better in game 4 than Winnipeg has been since game 1. Sharks fans have the right to enjoy people being wrong about their team.

Whatever floats your boat, even if it is based on a pissing contest.

They are playing in Round 3. Your team isn’t. My team isn’t either.

I don’t feel the need to measure against anyone else.

If Vegas wins, that’s cool.

Like the rest of the hockey world, we can stop watching the next round and get on with summer.

I’ll read about it later.

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
I know we live in a post fact world but the narrative being developed by Jets fans here is straight out of the Donald Trump playbook, ignore the facts and make up a narrative that fits your echo chamber.

First and foremost the VGK organization does not own T-Mobile arena, they don't hire the employees ,they don't set the rules, and they most assuredly do not say who can bring what into the arena. The arena is used for non-hockey events just as much as Knights games.

VGK's did not hire and have no affiliation with the security guard who "threw a flag in the trash". I suspect we haven't gotten the whole story but lets say it's true even as bad as it sounds it has nothing to do with VGK organization and implying it does is intellectually dishonest. The same goes for the lights. The VGK do not control or have any influence on other teams practicing at the arena or when the lights are turned on and off. The Knights practice in Summerlin which is 25 mins away and they do own their practice facility so unless Winnipeg is practicing at City Center than their is zero once again that has to do with VGK organization. And police tape? If you think that VGK control LV Metro I got some beach front property in Kansas for you. This is a city of 2 million people who can drink 24-7, smoke pot and indulge in any vice they want. I know Jets fans think they are the center of the universe but the police have much more to worry about than screwing with your hockey team.

If you want to keep on trashing the VGK organization and calling them classless for things that have no control over you are more than welcome to do so but it makes you look petty, uneducated, and the sorest losers on the planet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad