• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Well shit, I was wrong with my prediction of Jets in 6. Vegas is simply destined to win it all is what it looks like to me lol. If they make it to the finals, they're my pick no matter who the opponent.

Sikhander

Feb 21, 2010
As a neutral fan I am surprised by the amount of salt and tinfoil hats some Winnipeg fans are showing in this thread. Vegas has been better as a team - that is the simple truth. While the interference call was missed for Winnipeg I overall thought that Winnipeg got more weak calls and non-calls in their favour in the last game (I count three - to me fairly clear - non-calls on Myers alone). Reffing goes both ways.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Not sure the consensus in this thread but as a neutral fan i see the team that's showing it wants it more is up 3-1.

A comment about the game itself? That's different.

The one thing that struck me last night was the lack of a push from the drop of the puck from Winnipeg. In the press conference following Game 3, Paul Maurice said something to the effect that he wanted the team to come out with the "finest game of the postseason." The Jets didn't look dominant until the 3rd and just deflated after the Smith goal.

I've noticed in the past 2 games that in those dominant stretches, Winnipeg has aggressively brought a defenseman down low in the zone, often without forward support; Vegas goes up the walls on dumps, rarely up the middle of the ice, so you'll see Winnipeg defensemen come down to the level of the dots of the circles to cut it off. Winnipeg can't play that way all the time as it's odd man rush waiting to happen. Is Winnipeg actually dominating or are we seeing score-effects at work here?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
As a neutral fan I am surprised by the amount of salt and tinfoil hats some Winnipeg fans are showing in this thread. Vegas has been better as a team - that is the simple truth. While the interference call was missed for Winnipeg I overall thought that Winnipeg got more weak calls and non-calls in their favour in the last game (I count three - to me fairly clear - non-calls on Myers alone). Reffing goes both ways.
To me it's the timing of the calls that 4 min pp cld have been the differance to change all momentum. But it is what it is and what do u expect there are always gonna be salty fanatics that post out of frustration/anger/Pejorative Sluration/trolling so I just ignore most over reactionary posts makes these threads a lot easier to read

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
I really want the Jets to win this because I have had my fill of the terrible vegas pregame show. Feels like I'm at medieval knights a place that my 9-year-old thought was cheesy.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I'll admit that I'm 1 of those that thought this dream season for Vegas had to end soon. I also thought that the Jets who seemed 2 years early on when they were projected to be this good were the ideal team to do it.
I'll give credit where due. These "Misfits" as they like to call themselves are a dang good team. It's not just MAF & his posts he's always thanking.
Those aren't the players I'd have picked if I was the drafting GM but that's probably the reason McPhee runs a NHL team while I don't.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Those aren't the players I'd have picked if I was the drafting GM but that's probably the reason McPhee runs a NHL team while I don't.
I'm a Leafs fan and I take some solace in that Leipsic hasn't meant squat to Vegas. I can only imagine how those Karlsson and Marchessault teams and fans are kicking themselves now.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I have no clue what edc is, never even heard of it and I'm 28. Then again new Orleans has a music festival every week.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I have no clue what edc is, never even heard of it and I'm 28. Then again new Orleans has a music festival every week.

EDC(Electric Daisy Carnival) is an annual electronic dance music festival, with the flagship event being held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It runs over a weekend and goes all night until around 5am. It's been around for over 20 years and they have related EDC festivals in NY and Orlando.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea.

A look at EDC Las Vegas: Night 1 — PHOTOS

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
But you most certainly speak out of both sides of your mouth.

When did I say I hate when athletes make guarantees? I said I hated half assed " fake" guarantees. Hellybuck needs to come out and say: " We will win this series", instead of:
" They've gotten all the breaks...until now". His comment isn't clear enough.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
EDC(Electric Daisy Carnival) is an annual electronic dance music festival, with the flagship event being held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It runs over a weekend and goes all night until around 5am. It's been around for over 20 years and they have related EDC festivals in NY and Orlando.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea.

A look at EDC Las Vegas: Night 1 — PHOTOS
I went once. Never again. The time it takes to get out of that parking lot I could be 4/5ths of the way to Los Angeles from Vegas. It's an absurdly slow process.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
If you want to keep on trashing the VGK organization and calling them classless for things that have no control over you are more than welcome to do so but it makes you look petty, uneducated, and the sorest losers on the planet.

Spot on brother.

For the few Jets fans who are being complete crybabys about the game, the above post is spot on.

You are reaching so far for things to hate about us.

For the few who are doing this, it is incredibly petty. It is disgusting. It is worse than anything you attribute to VGK or their fans.

I have couched all of the above in a hopefully easily digestible narrative, since I am one of but like 5 VGK fans here and everything I may say will be extrapolated to every one who wore a VGK shirt over the last 9 months, I want to make sure that my intent is understood.

My intent is as such:

-f*** the conspiracy theorists, you are idiots.

- f*** those who think VGK doesn't deserve this. I don't care what happened with GM's. We were given only players your GM allowed us to be given. You want to blame someone, blame your own team.

- We didn't even take the best players we should have and we are still owning your longer existinting, yet unworthy asses.

-Anbody who thinks that the outstanding work that the Knights players do game in and game out reflects badly on the NHL can f*** right the hell off.

-This team loves this city and this city loves this team.

/end rant

RonJon

May 18, 2011
When did I say I hate when athletes make guarantees? I said I hated half assed " fake" guarantees. Hellybuck needs to come out and say: " We will win this series", instead of:
" They've gotten all the breaks...until now". His comment isn't clear enough.
Well Sorry you don’t like his comment. Oh and your wrong. Jets have approximately a 12%chance of winning the series not zero. If they lose tomorrow it will be zero.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
This is the clear conclusion. How anyone could see otherwise when a team of cast offs is one game from the final is beyond me. If there wasn't enough talent in the league, then everyone would have kept their stars, gotten rid of an expendable player, and that expansion team of expendables would be completely outmatched against every team that kept their stars.

Maybe the stars are not stars?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Listening to Bob McKenzie’s podcast, towards the end of it he reads a letter from a disgruntled Jets fan who claims the success of Vegas means the death of the NHL and that was an elaborately crafted plan by Bettman and his cronies. Oh and the media gushing over Vegas is in on it too, because apparently Bettman is the one who butters their bread.

Gotta love these special individuals. They might need to find some psychiatric help.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I have a bad, bad feeling Vegas will lose to Tampa.. ugh

I wish the Washington Chokers could stop choking already. They finally have a shot to lose in the finals to Vegas, but nooooo... Tampa bla bla.. :(

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
Spot on brother.

For the few Jets fans who are being complete crybabys about the game, the above post is spot on.

You are reaching so far for things to hate about us.

For the few who are doing this, it is incredibly petty. It is disgusting. It is worse than anything you attribute to VGK or their fans.

I have couched all of the above in a hopefully easily digestible narrative, since I am one of but like 5 VGK fans here and everything I may say will be extrapolated to every one who wore a VGK shirt over the last 9 months, I want to make sure that my intent is understood.

My intent is as such:

-**** the conspiracy theorists, you are idiots.

- **** those who think VGK doesn't deserve this. I don't care what happened with GM's. We were given only players your GM allowed us to be given. You want to blame someone, blame your own team.

- We didn't even take the best players we should have and we are still owning your longer existinting, yet unworthy asses.

-Anbody who thinks that the outstanding work that the Knights players do game in and game out reflects badly on the NHL can **** right the hell off.

-This team loves this city and this city loves this team.

/end rant

It just easy for disgruntled Jets fan to sit in an ivory tower and spew nonsense now that they are down 3-1. If it was reversed none of this would be coming to light. You can dislike the Knights all you want which is fine but don't come on here and spew hyperbole at what a disgrace and classless an organization they are when you don't know anything.

The VGK organization did so much after Oct. 1 for the community like giving blood, making donations to grieving families, honoring people who lost their lives in a senseless tragedy. They are constantly doing selfless thing which really helped the city heal. They let fans who can't afford to go to games into free practices. Not many teams even have open practices let alone give the fans get that much access to the players. They flew the coaches wives and children involved in the Humboldt tragedy down for a game 3 of the WCF. If all this isn't the epitome of class I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad