Status
Not open for further replies.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
The Connor giveaway.

That was pure coaching/scouting.

How many 2 on 0s have the Jets had?

What are we arguing here? Are you contending my point that goaltending has been the most important differentiator in this series? Because that’s all I’ve said.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Basically shadow Mark Scheifele for the whole game and smother him with cheap shots.

I don't think Vegas has played cheap at all. I am annoyed the way the draft worked out and that a city like Vegas, who have never showed even a little passion for hockey, could potentially just walk up to the league and buy a cup winning team but the team itself is highly respectable. Just a group of guys who got cast aside and are making the best of it. They haven't played any dirtier than every team does in the playoffs. If they win the cup, I will be disappointed because other teams have to develop under much harder circumstances and it feels like a shame it goes to the one team that got to assemble their whole line-up at once for a city like Vegas, but I'll live. We all will.

I will say that the actual Vegas fans on this board have been pretty respectable for the most part. I was reading their forum a bit last night and they act far more gracious than the Vegas supporters on the main boards. Not to say the Jets fans are perfect but there is a lot of people who got behind Vegas just to rip on the Jets and I think is partially the reason for a lot of the anger.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You honestly don't remember how this entire forum was making fun of Mcphee last summer?

I honestly didn’t venture into the main boards and being in the Toronto market, we honestly didn’t take any notice one way or another.

I would suggest though that “entire forum” is an absolute statement which in an of itself implies overgeneralization.

As it turned out, Vegas was stacked. Probably the intent wasn’t to hand them the Cup but they turned the tap on a little too high.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Was that said by anyone or just something you are making up?

Pookie the only people making up things are people like you saying the Knights were expected to do well right out of the gate.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/is-vegas-a-playoff-team.2396321/

Three games in and on the fast track to 3-0. Thoughts?
No, they are not. They're just off to a hot start.
There needs to be a "lol, no" option
Lol. No.
Exciting start for them though
They're off to a good start but they won't make the playoffs. Especially in the West.
Absolutely are not. It's amazing to see them having such a good start but I'd be shocked if they're outside of bottom-3 when regular season ends.
Lots of parity in this league. This isn't 1992-1993. An expansion team won't get lit up 10-0 every night.
Won't come anywhere near the playoffs though
Umm they got outplayed completely by Dallas and then beat Arizona twice. Wait till they face the other teams in their division.
I think Vegas doesn't win more than 25 games...which is still pretty impressive considering Colorado only had 48 points last season.
No.
When Neal is your best forward you have a problem. No real top4 D-men nor quality depth at F for injuries.
No, but they're playing better than I thought they would be.

These 2 had the right idea though
They will challenge for a spot, yes.
It would be in the league's best interest for them to make it as well.

Even though I did vote no I feel like this could just maybe be a great crow eating thread at the end of the season.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Probably the intent wasn’t to hand them the Cup but they turned the tap on a little too high.

It wasn't the fault of the expansion draft rules that Florida did one of the most stupid moves in recent history or that other teams which could have had MAF on the cheap did not do so. Or that the Preds for some reason decided Jarnkrok is more useful than Neal, etc. And even so Vegas's roster isn't that good on paper. But that's why they play the games. Practically no fanbase would have switched their roster for Vegas's back in September and now half of this forum is incensed that the Knights's roster is too good. It's hilarious.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I just realized it will be a whole other level of fecal show if Vegas closes it out tomorrow on the last night of edc.

The only comparable I can think of would be the saints winning the super bowl on fat tue.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It wasn't the fault of the expansion draft rules that Florida did one of the most stupid moves in recent history or that other teams which could have had MAF on the cheap did not do so. Or that the Preds for some reason decided Jarnkrok is more useful than Neal, etc. And even so Vegas's roster isn't that good on paper. But that's why they play the games. Practically no fanbase would have switched their roster for Vegas's back in September and now half of this forum is incensed that the Knights's roster is too good. It's hilarious.
Yep. Take away Smith, Marchessault, and Gallant, where do the Knights finish? That was entirely Florida’s fault.

Reactions: Turin

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
It's quite interesting that the biggest critics of the Jets, and the largest defender of the VGK organization have registered within the last hour or two.

I am not a critic of the Jets. Just a critic of stupidity. Winnipeg seems to have a passionate fanbase, an up and coming organization, and reside in a great Canadian City. It's just sad that some fans are grasping on to conspiracy theories and calling an organization classless (they flew down the coaches wife and kids from Humboldt tragedy and gave them tickets on the glass which is the epitome of class by the way). It reflects poorly and is intellectually dishonest.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I just realized it will be a whole other level of fecal show if Vegas closes it out tomorrow on the last night of edc.

The only comparable I can think of would be the saints winning the super bowl on fat tue.

Not sure how well you know Vegas, but 99% of the locals either are unaware that EDC is going on, or don't care. Or both.

Last edited:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Both Vegas and Winnipeg know exactly how bad Hellebuyck is playing in this series.

He is letting in too many weak goals and looks like a shooter tuter in this series.

He cost our team bigtime in game 2 , 3 and 4.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Both Vegas and Winnipeg know exactly how bad Hellebuyck is playing in this series.

He is letting in too many weak goals and looks like a shooter tuter in this series.

He cost our team bigtime in game 2 , 3 and 4.

Absolutely, it would help if we could score too. Jets are gassed, and probably injured. Vegas is good though. People who thought Jets would sweep make me laugh.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
Not sure how well you know Vegas, but 99% of the locals either are unaware that EDC is going on, or don't care. Or both.

EDC is going on this weekend? News to me. That's the thing about Vegas there are big events almost every weekend and sometimes multiples which is what makes this city unique. The only concern about the VGK going forward is if people will show up after a few dreadful seasons since there is always something to do in this city. It's not the Raiders. It's not a potential NBA team. It's the abundance of entertainment activities all the time.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

member 51464

The only real downside of Vegas moving on would be that I'd love to see Scheifele break the single playoffs goal record. Maybe he can still do it this round? That'd be all-time goodness, haha.

Reactions: 204hockey

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Three in a row isn't impossible for this Jets team. They are still very good. MAF has to be mere mortal, but the Jets coming back isn't out of the question.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure the consensus in this thread but as a neutral fan i see the team that's showing it wants it more is up 3-1.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
99% is a bit much. Traffic is worse this weekend and Vegas gets a lot more money coming in on EDC weekend than most of the rest of the year. People are aware. They just don't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad