WCF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks - Part III | Series tied at 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Pretty evenly matched if you ask me. Hawks seem to dictate play in the first half of the game and then Anaheim takes over in the second half. Might be due to fatigue for the Hawks.

MFM09

May 18, 2015
Hawks something like 7-0 when series is 2-2 since 2009, have to look it up but they haven't lost for sure up to this point. Team also heats up in final 3 games. Hope to see this again.

Quenville should trust Cumiskey with more minutes and replace Kimmo. Top 4 can handle it but a little less minutes couldn't hurt.

According to Kesler (on the number of hits on the Hawks) " no human can survive that". To respond, Hawks are always outhit bit similar margins and have a darn good track record. Therefore, not human.

I think they are 12-0 under Q 8-0 at home 8-0 on the road

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I think it's been closer than some people have been making it out to be.

I think the Blackhawks carried the play for the majority of Game 1 and Game 4, Ducks carried the majority of the play through Game 2 and Game 3.

That's my eye-test.

Statistically, Blackhawks have been the better possession team by a small but clear margin, but not enough so to overcome the Ducks insane PDO (SV% + OSh%), or the incredible shot blocking.

It's been a fun series to watch so far for neutrals, I'm sure, but it's a roller coaster of emotion for this Blackhawks fan. :laugh:

The same goes for scoring opportunities--the losing team has had the better of them in all four games.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I am a Hawks fan but I do think the Ducks are a better team top to bottom. The best team doesn't always win a series however. The Hawks experience is keeping it close, will be interesting going forward.

Respect for admitting it, and I agree. Anyone's ball game

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Ducks do not win games 1 and 3 if not for ..... ref's call and non call. There was a clear break away for Toews that the linesman got in the way with.

You really think your reverse psychology angle is going to change anyones mind?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If the Blackhawks play like they did for 2 and a half periods last game, they can win.

They just need to cut out the historic meltdowns is all. :laugh:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I heard they put ketchup on their hot dogs in Chicago and Anaheim (am I doing it right, New York?).

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I heard all Ducks fans turn their underwear inside out so they can wear them twice

california has no water to do laundry atm, so that is just being economical

I heard they put ketchup on their hot dogs in Chicago and Anaheim (am I doing it right, New York?).

i heard tampa fans put ketchup on their hush puppies and campbell's tomato soup on your pulled pork. and in new york i heard they eat their pizza w/ a fork.

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
You really think your reverse psychology angle is going to change anyones mind?

Assuming you are a Lightning fan or even a southern US, sunshine state fan as well then it would appear that you also have a distaste for the Hawks.
I get it .. they have done their fare share of winning of late and people tend to get tired of it all.
I however, being a fan of the Hawks since '69 and having suffered long and hard at their Stanley Cup drought am ever willing and happy to enjoy their continued success.
So please do continue with all your well thought out responses to anything against the Hawks!
It's kind of like the uninvolved sibling trying to pipe in with their plea to be heard.
Well, we hear you and you are loved.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Come on now. There's a difference when both teams are getting away with penalties and what happened last night. Both teams could have had the same amount of PP's last night. The difference is that as soon as the Ducks go up 4-3 the refs immediately start looking to call anything to help Chicago tie it up.

You cannot honestly say that call on Silf was holding. Especially compared to the other **** that they ignored last night.

"Officiating has been fine" is the biggest joke anyone could write about last nights game. Unless of course you're a Blackhawks fan.

100% agree. I get so much hate from Hawks fans when I say that they've gotten lots of favors from the officiating. Ignoring the truth doesn't make it go away. I am completely neutral in this series and have no vested interest whatsoever, I just try and tell it how it is.

Well Hawks fans, I think you guys got this series right where you want it. Your team is absolutely lethal in the second half of series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad