WCF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks - Part III | Series tied at 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Your team is 2 games away from reaching the Stanley Cup Finals and you're going to whine about officiating? Wow.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
You're not allowed to quote a motivational cat poster unless you include a picture of a motivated cat.

38248225.jpg

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Bad calls happen in every game, it's the double-standard calls (no-calls) that send me into a blinding rage. It's been an issue in this series, if nobody outside of Anaheim agrees, so be it, I wouldn't expect them to.

Seriously, we need to drop it and look at the coming best of three. Nobody from the Ducks organization made a single comment about officiating from what I saw, even Bruce ducked (hehe) the question about the ref's Beauchemin takedown and simply stated that Francois collided with him. He gave it zero slant to imply an issue with it. So all the comments of "Champs don't make excuses derp" nonsense is irrelevant, the team isn't making excuses. And for a team that has grown accustomed to getting a heavy load of reputation calls thrown their way, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on the team making a stink about officiating.

Bakpuck

May 11, 2015
Bad calls happen in every game, it's the double-standard calls (no-calls) that send me into a blinding rage. It's been an issue in this series, if nobody outside of Anaheim agrees, so be it, I wouldn't expect them to.

Seriously, we need to drop it and look at the coming best of three. Nobody from the Ducks organization made a single comment about officiating from what I saw, even Bruce ducked (hehe) the question about the ref's Beauchemin takedown and simply stated that Francois collided with him. He gave it zero slant to imply an issue with it. So all the comments of "Champs don't make excuses derp" nonsense is irrelevant, the team isn't making excuses. And for a team that has grown accustomed to getting a heavy load of reputation calls thrown their way, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on the team making a stink about officiating.

Just us Duck fans that have seen the lopsided officiating. Ducks go home ahead 3-1 without the holding call that we all knew was coming.

BigBootsie

Jun 8, 2010
Illinois
Just us Duck fans that have seen the lopsided officiating. Ducks go home ahead 3-1 without the holding call that we all knew was coming.

There were 2 OTs for the Ducks to score and they failed. It's really as simple as that. Saying the Hawks for certain would have lost if the Ducks didn't take a penalty is just a guess. Personally I believe if the Hawks didn't get that PP they would have scored 5 more goals and Kesler would have retired immediately after the game. And 2 of those goals would come from the refs stick.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
Officiating has been fine. Ducks get away with just as much. I understand raging due to the goal from a collision with the ref though. When they called no goal on Hammer's goal in Game 7 vs the Wings in 2013 I was pretty homicidal until the Hawks won it.

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
Officiating has been fine. Ducks get away with just as much. I understand raging due to the goal from a collision with the ref though. When they called no goal on Hammer's goal in Game 7 vs the Wings in 2013 I was pretty homicidal until the Hawks won it.

Come on now. There's a difference when both teams are getting away with penalties and what happened last night. Both teams could have had the same amount of PP's last night. The difference is that as soon as the Ducks go up 4-3 the refs immediately start looking to call anything to help Chicago tie it up.

You cannot honestly say that call on Silf was holding. Especially compared to the other **** that they ignored last night.

"Officiating has been fine" is the biggest joke anyone could write about last nights game. Unless of course you're a Blackhawks fan.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Come on now. There's a difference when both teams are getting away with penalties and what happened last night. Both teams could have had the same amount of PP's last night. The difference is that as soon as the Ducks go up 4-3 the refs immediately start looking to call anything to help Chicago tie it up.

You cannot honestly say that call on Silf was holding. Especially compared to the other **** that they ignored last night.

"Officiating has been fine" is the biggest joke anyone could write about last nights game. Unless of course you're a Blackhawks fan.

You actually believe this. :laugh: Why even follow the league then.

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
You actually believe this. :laugh: Why even follow the league then.

Even in loss it is still entertaining as all hell.

No other sport could bring me to sign up for a forum and angrily rant after a game.

Edit: Also your post still doesn't address the weakness in the penalty on Silf. You're just ignoring my points brah.

ToewsForDays

Feb 8, 2015
Seabrook slash was a weak call. Kesler hit him late. If anything they could have atleast both gotten penalties.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Even in loss it is still entertaining as all hell.

No other sport could bring me to sign up for a forum and angrily rant after a game.

Edit: Also your post still doesn't address the weakness in the penalty on Silf. You're just ignoring my points brah.

No I'm not. You noticed I bolded the part I was commenting on to help you out. I'm referring to your conspiracy theory that the league wants the Hawks to win or wants an OT game, ect. It's a joke of an excuse if I ever heard one.

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
No I'm not. I'm referring to your conspiracy theory that the league wants the Hawks to win or wants an OT game, ect. It's a joke of an excuse if I ever heard one.

Again not addressing the issue.

You're just attacking a strawman. You can't just say "oh well your point is ridiculous!" and claim you won a debate. The whole "NHL wants the Hawks to win" thing is a joke for the most part. My point is that the reffing, especially last game, was entirely one sided.

It looks to me that you're claiming the following based off of your comments:

1) The Blackhawks did not commit enough penalties last night to match the amount of PPs they received.

2) The call on Silf was legit

3) The Blackhawks style of play makes them immune from interference, holding, slashing, etc.

4) The Ducks are by far the dirtier team

5) The timing of some of the PPs wasn't suspect at all based around what was not being called just a few minutes earlier

Now if you agree with that more power to you but something tells me you don't.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Again not addressing the issue.

You're just attacking a strawman. You can't just say "oh well your point is ridiculous!" and claim you won a debate. The whole "NHL wants the Hawks to win" thing is a joke for the most part. My point is that the reffing, especially last game, was entirely one sided.

It looks to me that you're claiming the following based off of your comments:

1) The Blackhawks did not commit enough penalties last night to match the amount of PPs they received.

2) The call on Silf was legit

3) The Blackhawks style of play makes them immune from interference, holding, slashing, etc.

4) The Ducks are by far the dirtier team

5) The timing of some of the PPs wasn't suspect at all based around what was not being called just a few minutes earlier

Now if you agree with that more power to you but something tells me you don't.

Answer to question #1. There is no league rule that states teams must receive equal penalties. Where do you get this from? Penalties are called as the officials see them. Duh or are you saying they should have more... I don't even..

Answer to number #2. Okay

Answer to number #3. No, not all the time. The Hawks are a puck possession team and not very physical. The nature of the team is they typically don't commit a ton of penalties. The regular season averages for both teams suggest this as well.

Answer to #4 - if you say so

Answer to #5 - Conspiracy theory again. You're suggesting the refs purposely called a penalty to give the Hawks a chance to tie regardless of there was actually was one. Not that a mistake was made but there is an agenda here by the refs in the league. Take a step back and think about what you're saying.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I could understand if the NHL was for Chicago. A Chicago/NY final is a ratings dream, a Ducks/Lightning series wouldn't win a ratings battle against Gilligans Island reruns because nobody outside a few counties gives a damn.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I could understand if the NHL was for Chicago. A Chicago/NY final is a ratings dream, a Ducks/Lightning series wouldn't win a ratings battle against Gilligans Island reruns because nobody outside a few counties gives a damn.

Yet somehow this conference finals has been higher rated than the last two years.

The Jesus*

Best conference final in ages. Two equally matched powerhouses taking each other into multiple overtimes. This is just damn good hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad