WC SF: May 14 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

Very exciting game. Canada should have the edge over the Czechs having played the early game and having only played 1 period.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Dvorak doing what he does best...shooting the puck.
I am very happy to see the confidence Hemsky played with (Oilers)the Czech coaches were ballsy with all their line combo creativity...and Hemsky had a shift with Jagr in OT!
Canada will now face the best team in the tourney...two very deserving finalists.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
An Ape called Yoko said:
Good effort by this swedish team, especially since everyone said before that we wouldn´t go far.

Agreed. Alot of predictions around 5th-8th before the championships, this shows that we can have a strong team even though we're missing 20-25 high calibre players.

Weide

Jul 28, 2003
Linköping, Sweden
An Ape called Yoko said:
Congrats chechzs... but i thought sweden were slightly better in the overtime. Oh well. Good effort by this swedish team, especially since everyone said before that we wouldn´t go far.

I agree totally. I didn't think this swedish team would be so good. I'm proud of them. Just look at tiny Magnus Johansson he was absolutely superb today. :bow:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Riddarn said:
Agreed. Alot of predictions around 5th-8th before the championships, this shows that we can have a strong team even though we're missing 20-25 high calibre players.
Yes...I must admit Team Sweden was excellent today,they proved they are worthy of being a finalist...hopefully both Russia ans Sweden can find some fuel to play a Broze Medal game tommorow.
Todays game with the Czechs could have went either way. Nothing for Team Sweden to hang their hedstroms about. :clap: :propeller

Captain Leaf

Riddarn said:

I think EVERY team is missing many of their top players .

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Captain Leaf said:
I think EVERY team is missing many of their top players .

Well, the Czechs "just" misses Hamrlik, Elias and Hejduk I think.

However, a great game by Sweden. I couldn't sit still for a second. Damn, if only Weinhandl had tipped in that shot. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest