Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Damn, if only Weinhandl had tipped in that shot. :cry:

What if Zetterberg had scored on his rush in the OT. :amazed:

Oh well. Tomorrow Russia will pay for the loss in the EHT finals.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Captain Leaf said:
Oh and you dont have half of yours ..stop whining already and get ready for bronze ..which i hope you lose .
Who has whined:dunno:, we have Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Axelsson, Bäckman, Jönsson, Norström from the world cup team.

And the Sedins and Lundqvist who didnt play..

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Captain Leaf said:
Oh and you dont have half of yours ..stop whining already and get ready for bronze ..which i hope you lose .

Whining? He's just stating facts.

I'm proud of Sweden's performance in this tournament, and it shows we have some offensive depth. We can produce without some of our best offensive players.

Aside of Zetterberg, I think the twins had another good performance, although they didn't recieve that much ice-time. Nice to see Sweden use all their lines though, helped the team to be fresh in the end.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Bonde 007 said:
Who has whined:dunno:, we have Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Axelsson, Bäckman, Jönsson, Norström from the world cup team.

And the Sedins and Lundqvist who didnt play..

PÃ¥hlsson?

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Canada:
Brodeur, Luongo, Jovanovski, Hannan, Redden, Regehr, Doan, Draper, Gagne, Heatley, Maltby, Marleau, Morrow, Smyth, Thornton.

Hmm, i was wrong, Canada have 15/23 World Cup players on their team = 65%. (not half as i previously stated.)

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
A friend just pointed me here. I don't have to read what was said, all I have to do is look at the name involved. This Captain Leaf dude needs a swift kick in the ass. He doesn't represent the majority of Canadians; he's just one bad apple and everybody has a few of them. ;)

Congrats to the Czechs on their victory. Also, congrats to the Ruskies and the Swedes on a well-played out tournament so far.

Here's a warning to all my fellow Canadians, lead by example and have some class. :teach:

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It's been amazing how every game in this final round have been exciting as hell. All of them were one goal games, and the sheer drama they have created will certainly be memorable in years to come.

It's a shame that the NHL has tarnished the name of hockey, when the great action from this year's tournament has continued to show us why hockey is the greatest sport in the world.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I don't know what the sentiment is in Sweden at this time but I have to say I was pretty impressed with a couple Swedes this tournament.

The Sedin twins seem to finally be coming of age and that's fantastic news for Swedish hockey. I was also surprised with the gritty play of Johan Hedstrom - for a guy that up and left during Anahiem's playoff run two years ago, he showed a lot of grit.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Bonde 007 said:
Riddarn showing a bit of optimism, can`t be ;)

Well there's a time for everything. I'm in a good mood, despite the loss tonight.

If you want to be optimistic about something, check out the SEL rosters for this year. With a bit of luck, some migrations of players to the NHL/AHL and the retirement of the players born 1970-1973, I think we can see the long awaited "baby boom" of the SEL quite soon. I think the SEL is rapidly approaching critical mass. It can't be avoided, though it seems that it's been suspended for a few years by the multitude of finnish players that have been hired to substitute the retirees. It can't go on for ever.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Tricolore#20 said:
It's been amazing how every game in this final round have been exciting as hell. All of them were one goal games, and the sheer drama they have created will certainly be memorable in years to come.

It's a shame that the NHL has tarnished the name of hockey, when the great action from this year's tournament has continued to show us why hockey is the greatest sport in the world.

Well I wouldn't go too far with this one. Anybody who watched the Finland-Latvia snooze fest might beg to differ. Certainly, as you say, the medal round has been great but so were the NHL playoffs last season! That Calgary vs. Tampa series is one I'll never forget...damn Lightning! :)

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
BigE said:
A friend just pointed me here. I don't have to read what was said, all I have to do is look at the name involved. This Captain Leaf dude needs a swift kick in the ass. He doesn't represent the majority of Canadians; he's just one bad apple and everybody has a few of them. ;)

Congrats to the Czechs on their victory. Also, congrats to the Ruskies and the Swedes on a well-played out tournament so far.

Here's a warning to all my fellow Canadians, lead by example and have some class. :teach:
agreed - don't listen to him - the hockey's been excellent -

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Tricolore#20 said:

Yeah it's sad that business has become more important than the game. It's a damn shame. I also wish that the IIHF and NHL cooperated more, or that they will cooperate more in the future. I guess it's too much to hope for that the NHL would shorten the season in time for the NHL:ers to make it to the World Championships every year, but it sure would be nice. It would be an acknowledgement for the fact that the sport has grown and matured even outside North America.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Riddarn said:
Well there's a time for everything. I'm in a good mood, despite the loss tonight.

If you want to be optimistic about something, check out the SEL rosters for this year. With a bit of luck, some migrations of players to the NHL/AHL and the retirement of the players born 1970-1973, I think we can see the long awaited "baby boom" of the SEL quite soon. I think the SEL is rapidly approaching critical mass. It can't be avoided, though it seems that it's been suspended for a few years by the multitude of finnish players that have been hired to substitute the retirees. It can't go on for ever.
What a word to use :biglaugh:, As for a "baby boom" (Magnus Uggla rocks BTW), it would sure be good, next season would probably be a good point to start it, if the SHL finally get their act together and expand the leauge.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
As a Red Wings fan I must say I haven't been as excited about a prospect as I am about Nik Kronwall in a long time. Anyone think he might take a slot in the post-tournament all-star team?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Epsilon said:
As a Red Wings fan I must say I haven't been as excited about a prospect as I am about Nik Kronwall in a long time. Anyone think he might take a slot in the post-tournament all-star team?

I think he is a lock actually, guess we will know tomorrow.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Epsilon said:

Yeah, I've not seen a single D-man that's been as consistant and high-levelled as Kronwall. In my opinion he's the best D-man of the tournament.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Epsilon said:

I do. But I haven't seen all games, so I guess I'm a bit biased :D

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Riddarn said:
I guess it's too much to hope for that the NHL would shorten the season in time for the NHL:ers to make it to the World Championships every year, but it sure would be nice.

Agreed, it would be nice. BUT, I think it's a little to often for the best to meet every year. It has to have some status, and then a tourney every other year is perfect IMO. As it is now, with NHLers in World Cup and the Olympics (although the time for the tournaments maybe aint the best).

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I'd guess Lubomir Vishnovsky will be on the all-star team as well. That would mean no defensemen from either of the finalists, but I don't think there's really anyone worthy there. Unless they decide to go with Jovonovski. :D

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Epsilon said:

I'm also impressed with Kronwall. Today was the first time he was in a little trouble though, but he solved most of the situations. A star defenseman for Sweden for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad