WC QROUND: May 9 GDT - Finland vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Another "Irbism"...over 100 minutes without allowing a goal in this tourney. :propeller

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Penalty killed...Finns not adapt at rebounds/traffic on the PP...Skrastins has more saves than Artus!! :propeller

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Boucicaut said:
How has Latvia been? Lots of skating and effort?
Latvia is not pushing for goals yet...they have killed off several penalties and been playing "gutsy" on defence...I think they Latvia is content to wait until late in the game before they really press for scoring. :propeller

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Shots 15-8 in favor of Suomi...Artus looking very confident and zoned in.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Everest said:
Latvia is not pushing for goals yet...they have killed off several penalties and been playing "gutsy" on defence...I think they Latvia is content to wait until late in the game before they really press for scoring. :propeller

Maybe they are hoping for the Finns to start showing signs of fatigue.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Latvia is handling the Finnish forwards and showing smart support on defence. Lots of trapping/shoot ins and game is past half way point still no score.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Shack said:
Nice to see that our coaching staff is awake.
It would have been stupid if they had changed Hagman back to 3rd. Peltonen is now at the right place according to his performance in this tournament.
The right place for Peltonen would be on the bench. Right now he has nothing to offer. Third line was much more dangerous when Rita was playing. Rita at least brings some hustle to the ice. I'm just glad Westerlund had enough balls to take away Peltonen's "season-ticket" to the first line.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Pace is slow...Finns not bearing down on a few chances...
Kallio takes Ignatchiev out in Latvian crease and Latvian powerplayis on.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Pantalejev gets the best chance of the game for Latvia..from 15 feet,on a one timer...Backstrom stops it.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
end of 2 periods...Latvia is helping out Artus nicely..blocking shots...But Finland is not powerful offensively...they can't seem to get any shots through/on net...many misses!
Artus looks so calm you can tell he has played alot of hockey :propeller

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Really frustrating. Only our 2nd line can create something. Other lines just wait for lucky bounces.

Finland doesn't even deserve to continue in this tournament. Hopefully Latvia will show us how to score. :madfire: :madfire:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Finland seems to be playing for the tie just as much as Latvia! BAD IDEA...Latvia is one shot from stealing this game! Artus over 120 mintues of "ShutOut" hockey now...
Pantalejev is the only Latvian shooter today... :propeller

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
FINNtastic said:
The right place for Peltonen would be on the bench. Right now he has nothing to offer. Third line was much more dangerous when Rita was playing. Rita at least brings some hustle to the ice. I'm just glad Westerlund had enough balls to take away Peltonen's "season-ticket" to the first line.

I must agree with you after 2 period. Peltonen is useless now.

Our 2nd line was easy for Erkka to pick, but for godsake, why didn't he get Lehtinen and Koivu so he might have find two decent lines. Well at least it worked once.

Now we have only one good line. And our best line is only at the same level as Sweden or Canada has their second best line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad