WC QROUND: May 9 GDT - Finland vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
If i am Latvia i push for the win in THIS match, not try and wait for a win over the Swedes, they were one goal away from advancing and did very little about it, no sense of urgency. Both teams should just get an automatic tournament ejection for playing poor hockey. latvia battled in their own zone, D men throwing themselves in front of shots but the poor attack play from both sides was just sad. I really like Backstrom, he's more or less a vacuum in net , not a huge guy but great rebound control. Hagman is giving his all.

:biglaugh: usually it's not a good thing to call a goalie a vacuum

Macman

May 15, 2004
That might have been the worst game I've ever seen; right up there with a scoreless draw between the Czechs and Soviets several years ago. Each team should have to give up a point for that stinker, not get one.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
finska said:
Yeah, nice going. You are a prototypical BANDWAGON jumper. I am reminded of the greater populus of the Toronto area with those comments.

Yes, nice going indeed. You quote my whole text and come up with that without commenting the game at all. Well, I was a little pissed off after game when I wrote those things, but I'm still standing behind my words. We have not won any of the big countries in this tournament. Yesterday we had it in our own hands to secure the spot in the playoffs, but we decided to play without any heart and leave it up to Sweden. And laugh about it, like Niko Kapanen did in his interview... :shakehead We do not deserve to go to the quarter-finals. Of course, if we advance and win Russia, then all of this **** is forgotten, and that just shows how stupid the game system in the tournament is. We just don't deserve to be in the quarters after games against Sweden and Latvia.

Would you care to define "prototypical bandwagon jumper" btw? I take it you're a prototypical hush-hush man then?

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Now I know how Bäckström played the shutout. I have a pic to prove it. I think he took few drinks before and during the game.
nollapeli_ki.jpg

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
Padawan said:
Now I know how Bäckström played the shutout. I have a pic to prove it. I think he took few drinks before and during the game.
nollapeli_ki.jpg

:biglaugh: You're probably right! Either way, cheers to both goalies yesterday!

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

Ipa said:
Yes, nice going indeed. You quote my whole text and come up with that without commenting the game at all. Well, I was a little pissed off after game when I wrote those things, but I'm still standing behind my words. We have not won any of the big countries in this tournament. Yesterday we had it in our own hands to secure the spot in the playoffs, but we decided to play without any heart and leave it up to Sweden. And laugh about it, like Niko Kapanen did in his interview... :shakehead We do not deserve to go to the quarter-finals. Of course, if we advance and win Russia, then all of this **** is forgotten, and that just shows how stupid the game system in the tournament is. We just don't deserve to be in the quarters after games against Sweden and Latvia.

Would you care to define "prototypical bandwagon jumper" btw? I take it you're a prototypical hush-hush man then?

?? What's to comment on.. It was a lousy game. One comment that I would like to make though is that Finland was dead tired due to just playing a tough game the day before. There have been enough surprises in the WC's this year, and tying a game with Latvia is not one of the biggest ones. Latvia is a good team with a very good goalie. Finland did muster 27 shots on the guy and outplayed Latvia...so it was just a crappy game is all. It happens.

I like sticking with my teams and afford them a few lousy games here and there....that's hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad