WC QF: May 12 GDT - Sweden vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Hoglund hauled down,in alone...could have been another penalty shot I thought.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Sedins using a very familar play on the ensuing powerplay but Gerber eads it nicely. :propeller

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
poor lundqvist...all of 5 shots against, he must be colder than...well, cold. :p:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Sweden will drift asleep and allow a fluky goal.If that happens gimme a call...I'll be napping till' then too.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
2-1 after the second period. Switzerland is playing its worst game of the tournament. They have no business trailling only by one

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Everest said:
Sweden will drift asleep and allow a fluky goal.If that happens gimme a call...I'll be napping till' then too.

I will seriously take a nap now...hopefully Sweden is in Semis when I wake up. Cya guys ZZZZZZ

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Everest said:

I think you're right. Sweden is just cruising at the moment, growing more and more cocky and confident. Maybe it's a tactic the swiss use. They play lousy on purpose? :dunno:

Anyway. 2-1. Sweden should be superior, so I'm guessing Switzerland will come back and finish this with a 80 foot slap shot in the head of Lundqvist. It's usually how these games end..

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Riddarn said:
I think you're right. Sweden is just cruising at the moment, growing more and more cocky and confident. Maybe it's a tactic the swiss use. They play lousy on purpose? :dunno:

Anyway. 2-1. Sweden should be superior, so I'm guessing Switzerland will come back and finish this with a 80 foot slap shot in the head of Lundqvist. It's usually how these games end..
Exactly...The Swiss are one "Salo" from sending the Swedes into "stun-mode"

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Well deserved win for Sweden, although I hoped Switzerland would be able to get more chances to tie the game. Neither team played a great game, but the best still won.

Awful officiating by the way...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
looks like sweden wins it 2-1...

19 save on 20 shots for lundqvist, 34 on 36 for gerber...dunno how many hard shots lundqvist saved but it seems he stayed focused and didn't let the swiss team back into the game

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
stv11 said:
Well deserved win for Sweden, although I hoped Switzerland would be able to get more chances to tie the game. Neither team played a great game, but the best still won.

I agree.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
stv11 said:

Minar, Sindler.. I see a certain Czech reffing trend. A bad czech reffing trend.

Lousy game, I don't see why the Swiss have to play like Ukraine, they have more skill than that. But hey, if the ref allows it and if you want at least a theoretical shot at winning, you do what you got to do. Pretty awful to look at though.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Well...my longshot never came through..thats ok though....I had to take a chance...The Czechs will stifle the Swedes in the semi's.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Everest said:
Well...my longshot never came through..thats ok though....I had to take a chance...The Czechs will stifle the Swedes in the semi's.

keep on making those predictions, it has worked great so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad