Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Last edited by a moderator:

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Bonde 007 said:
Me like, Hedström - Zetterberg - Kahnberg, might make the 2nd line work. :dunno:

I like that too, he'll bring more speed and creativity to that line. It worked very well in SHG when it was put together. Weinhandl hasn't been good so far.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Weinhandl hasn't convinced me on the second line, I was expecting a bit more production. Kahnberg had nice scenes in this tournament. I didn't understand why he was a scratch against Latvia in the first place. Could be a nice line.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I wish Höglund could get a cold too.

I know. It's not nice to wish stuff like that. But I do.

Switzerland will win.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Riddarn said:
I wish Höglund could get a cold too.

I know. It's not nice to wish stuff like that. But I do.

Switzerland will win.

Yeah I am with you. Höglund is the biggest joke ever. Sure he can put some rebound in the net sometime but so can my grandmother. :shakehead

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
wassup77 said:
Yeah I am with you. Höglund is the biggest joke ever. Sure he can put some rebound in the net sometime but so can my grandmother. :shakehead
Where is Freddie Modin?? I think Sweden really misses him. Did I mention I think the Swiss are going to upset Sweden tomorrow? :propeller

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Everest said:
Where is Freddie Modin?? I think Sweden really misses him.

Fredrik Modin has declined to play. Like Mats Sundin, Niklas Lidström, Marcus Näslund, Mikael Nylander, Mattias Öhlund, Peter Forsberg, Marcus Ragnarsson, Kim Johnsson, Nils Ekman, Dick Tarnström, Marcus Nilson and some others too.

Bonde 007 said:
Funny thing is, we all bash Höglund like crazy but still he got 5 points in 6 games with basiclly zero icetime..

Yeah thats really funny. Or not, depending on how you look at it. It seems like Höglund always does just enough to continue to get called back for the national team. It has to stop somewhere..

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
finska said:
Sweden will win. 2-0. :teach:
If the game is low scoring...and I think it will be...it will favor the Swiss. The best chance Sweden has is to rattle Gerber earley in the game...I'm very confident that the Swedes will have a near impossible time generating speed/offence and getting to the net with any control. Switzerland is grossly under rated (IMO)

reaper

May 1, 2005
Gerber is a great keeper but what you should know is that he has played in the SEL. Daniel Alfredsson played for Frölunda in the SEL final and Gerber was keeper in the opposing team Färjestad. Alfredsson dominated the finals shooting Gerber to pieces, he seems to have a flaw, like most keepers if you put them high up. So I think Sweden can score a couple of goals if they get a good start, if Gerber shutouts for two periods it sure will be tougher. But Gerber fits us good even though Switzerland is good team. Also remember Bengt-Åke used to be assisting coach in Switzerland national team :D

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
reaper said:
Gerber is a great keeper but what you should know is that he has played in the SEL. Daniel Alfredsson played for Frölunda in the SEL final and Gerber was keeper in the opposing team Färjestad. Alfredsson dominated the finals shooting Gerber to pieces, he seems to have a flaw, like most keepers if you put them high up. So I think Sweden can score a couple of goals if they get a good start, if Gerber shutouts for two periods it sure will be tougher. But Gerber fits us good even though Switzerland is good team. Also remember Bengt-Åke used to be assisting coach in Switzerland national team :D

my experience from Gerber in the SEL is that he is letting out many rebounds. I think we'll see some goals on rebounds from Dan Sedin and Hedstrom and ofcourse Hoglund will score a goal when the game is already over. :shakehead

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Krueger vs Gustafsson.

The master and his pupil. Gustafsson was assistant coach from the swiss team under Krueger. It's a special game for Martin Plüss and Martin Gerber (unfortunately Marcel Jenni is out, i was in good shape in playoff).

I wish good luck to the Sweden but my heart is with the swiss.

And it's so a revenge from Gerber vs Lundquist tonight.
Gerber: 94.67%
Lundqvist: 89.68%

Please don't criticize Gerber! look the stat.

It's really a attrative game!

Sven-Börje Håkansson

May 10, 2005
Sweden will win by a margin of 4-5 goals...

Zetterberg, D. Sedin, Kronwall (2), Kahnberg and M. Johansson are scorers for the Swedes. The Swiss team will probably get a goal or two.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Finally things are getting interesting, it's now that the WCH really begins. This shouldn't be too difficult for Tre kronor. I predict 4-1. :handclap:

Also; Finally Weinhandl is off the team, he has been really bad this tournament. Hell, even Höglund has been better and that says a lot... ;)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Vikke said:
Too bad Weinhandl hasn't been productive, or even at decent form. He's got some serious offensive talents, for sure.

To be quite honest, nobody on that line, except possibly Hedström, has performed even half as good as should be expected. Zetterberg has been over working the puck which really harms his game since it gives the stronger defenders the upper hand. Weinhandl hasn't been used on the powerplay and I think that harms his game, he's got a great shot and a good feeling for being in the right place. He, and Kahnberg, are people that should be on the PP. Not people like Påhlsson, Axelsson & Hedström..

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I really hope Kahnberg has a great game today, and will contiune on the Zetterberg line. Then Weinhandl should be placed with Nordström and Jönsson. I think that might work.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Robertsson 4-ever said:
I really hope Kahnberg has a great game today, and will contiune on the Zetterberg line. Then Weinhandl should be placed with Nordström and Jönsson. I think that might work.

Agree. Having Höglund on the roster is inviting to another Belarus-disaster. :help:

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
According to Expressen, Weinhandl can play tonight after all. Not sure if it's such a good idea to use a player the night after he had high fever.. :dunno:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Don't think Weinhandl will play. BÃ…G probably wants to try Kahnberg there anyway, it sounded like that when asked if Weinhandl would play and he actually said "not a chance".

On Höglund, whoever plays on that line is gooing to play less 10-12 minutes a game. Höglund is better fit their then many other players IMO. No one can complain at his attitude. I am not suprised that people talk about him as beeing the hardest working player in the practises. He can also put the puck in the net and works really hard infront of the net. Jönsson and Nordström are really good at keeping the puck at the right end of the ice. Once there Höglund is actually a decent player. In a important, close, game the chance of Höglund scoring a goal after comming of the bench cold are bigger IMO then Kahnberg/Weinhandl dooing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad