WC: WC popularity and attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
8€ for a beer isn't really a little extra, it's the double of what we pay in Switzerland where it isn't cheap already.
And the world's best beer is in the hockey arenas in Sweden? That must be a joke.

Since when does hockey arenas produce their own beer? :laugh:

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Well...ticket prices, no hype and not very strategic place to hold the WCH. Another reason could easily be an alcoholic tourism and its disadvantages in the northern countries of Europe.. Europeans are passionate drinkers and when it comes to hockey, there are always thirsty throats. :laugh: And I almost forgot.. uninteresting concept of the group stage. 7 matches is way too much.

This... I liked way more the previous format.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Attendance in Finland is about 6k per match on average. That's pretty similar to our league matches anyway so its a good turnout tbh

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Sucks, should lower the prices with like 60%, money hungry ******** is what they are.

But still, it's packed with people in front of the TV's.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Czech has reputation as one of the best beer countries, and it's not thatexpensive.. so probably price has nothing to do with beer quality. But it is about where you buy it, if you buy it from crappiest and cheapest restaurant, I wouldnt beer suprised if the beer had some water on it to make it more profitable to seel.

We have an old saying - the government that will make beer more expensive, will fall.

Maybe you should just be harder on your politicians.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
Unless you work near the venue there is not a sign of any sort of tournament going on in the city :help: Someone fudged up big time, I heard they haven't even straighten out the marketing strategy yet. A bit late for that.

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
Since when does hockey arenas produce their own beer? :laugh:

And where did I write that they do?
In large sport events they usually sell the most common brand of the country (Feldschlössen in general for Switzerland) or internationnal (Heinekken, Carlsberg in western Europe) and these are certainly not the best beers.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Well when it comes to food and beverages you often get what you pay for. Sweden does have the highest quality beer in the world and paying a little extra for that isnt really a downside imo.

I think you've been drinking too much Pripps Blå. The beer in Sweden is pretty good, but hardly recognized as great around the world. For example over here I can buy beer from pretty much every country, except Sweden.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Well when it comes to food and beverages you often get what you pay for. Sweden does have the highest quality beer in the world and paying a little extra for that isnt really a downside imo.

HAHAHA.

You cannot possibly be serious.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
If you want really good swedish beer you need to go with the microbreweries and it's not like you'll find beer like that in a hockey arena...

WildFinn*

It's not our fault we're richer than you Europeans.

You are not Europeans?

And you are not rich long or ethnically European because of your crazy immigration, that is true.

Not ment as a flame, just pointing out how some Swedes live in a bubble outside the real world.

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
If you want really good swedish beer you need to go with the microbreweries and it's not like you'll find beer like that in a hockey arena...

As you do in every country, I don't think there's a lot of countries where you can't find good beer made by smaller brands (I don't count the countries where alcohol is forbidden of course)
but I think czech make the best beer because they have the best "mainstream" beers. In a lot of countries (including Switzerland) the big brands are just bad.

WildFinn*

As you do in every country, I don't think there's a lot of countries where you can't find good beer made by smaller brands (I don't count the countries where alcohol is forbidden of course)
but I think czech make the best beer because they have the best "mainstream" beers. In a lot of countries (including Switzerland) the big brands are just bad.

This is all true, going to Prague to get some in the summer.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden

Well, yes, that's true. I just wanted to point out that hockey arena beer isn't all we have to offer, because some probably thinks so. If someone has the chance and are looking to try some swedish quality beer you should try: http://mediaserver.dwpub.com/press-release/6029/GodlagerBot&glas.jpg

or: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XFpAa6ZoVjw/SovIpmEPzWI/AAAAAAAAAws/Fuhj3bSmXro/s400/President+090818.jpg

That goes for swedes aswell of course :)

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
You are not Europeans?
We're european in the same way the british are, kinda but not really.

And you are not rich long or ethnically European because of your crazy immigration, that is true.

You say we're not ehtnically European, so why even ask the question if we were? Ethnicity and nationality are not the same thing btw, and nation states are a different matter as well.

Not ment as a flame, just pointing out how some Swedes live in a bubble outside the real world.

Logical fallacy much? How can we (swedes) live in a bubble outside of the real world and at the same time have "crazy immigration" (i.e recieve lots of immigrants)?

WildFinn*

We're european in the same way the british are, kinda but not really.

What are Norwegians or Finns then, anyone similar to Brits and Swedes?

You say we're not ehtnically European, so why even ask the question if we were? Ethnicity and nationality are not the same thing btw, and nation states are a different matter as well.

I ment you are being demographically replaced and the same project is making you poor.
Just playing with your ideas that you are not European and you are rich, i said you are neither very soon.

Logical fallacy much? How can we (swedes) live in a bubble outside of the real world and at the same time have "crazy immigration" (i.e recieve lots of immigrants)?

The bubble is the whole social democratic folkhem and main ideas around it, long list.

I admit we have copied it in great part but luckily we are always few steps behind you.

Maybe i misunderstood you for a supporter of this utopia, the supporters are very loud about telling people how great our model is.

Personally i think it is ruining our beautiful countries to something out from the novel 1984.

WildFinn*

I guess a lot of people from other countries feel the same way. Just ask some French dudes or Swiss as well.
Or Iceland :laugh:

The Swiss actually have an argument, the only real democracy in the world and making people take responsibility themself.

Also even richer than us and i think you dont keep up appearances by taking debt.

WildFinn*

And im not saying it is just Swedes. :)

Im sure some Finn comes next and says we have the best state regulated beer in the world.
And proudly tell how is it is taxed expensive so we can treat people who drink it too much.

AllezLucerne

Dec 27, 2012
Suisse
The Swiss actually have an argument, the only real democracy in the world and making people take responsibility themself.

Even though I like to vote against opening shops till 5 on Saturday twice a year I dont think this kind of democracy is always best. For instance I'm talking about the prohibition of building Minarets which is just BS and doesnt even really fit with the human rights i.m.o.
Just manipulate the people enough and you get some weird decisions. But this gets way too far OT.

Churchill said:
democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time

WildFinn*

Even though I like to vote against opening shops till 5 on Saturday twice a year I dont think this kind of democracy is always best. For instance I'm talking about the prohibition of building Minarets which is just BS and doesnt even really fit with the human rights i.m.o.
Just manipulate the people enough and you get some weird decisions. But this gets way too far OT.

Its your opinion, i dont think minarets fit in Swiss towns, majority of the locals think the same, it is not like mosques are forbidden totally.

I see democracy at work, you just dont like the result.:)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Do you vote just like you vote on Poll on hfboards (with bank-account indentification or something), just on goverment site, or how?

Edit: can you post your own poll for official vote?
Like for example: "Make swedish beer illegal" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad