WC: May 21 Bronze Medal GDT - Canada vs. Finland

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Impressive performance by Finland. Canada, on the other hand, was pathetic.
Congratulations with the bronze Finns, you really deserved it! :handclap:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
MMX said:
Impressive performance by Finland. Canada, on the other hand, was pathetic.
Congratulations with the bronze Finns, you really deserved it! :handclap:

Yeah it shows how bad we are without the 1st line which means that 1st line is everything for this team, toobad we ran intoa good goaltender...

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Vikke said:
What the hell did Richards get called for? He barely touched Norrena, who went down like a crashing B-52 in WW2. And Ruutu gets nothing for taking out Auld? Way to go, ref :D

Congrats to the medal, Finns :)

Hey, did you see some of the calls on Finnish players. I say terrible on both sides. Im more happy for the zero goals than bronze :)

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
They simply needed to hire some better refs for IHWC, but they remained scrooges instead and hired not so professional ones. Blame the IIHF

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
edd1e said:
Hey, did you see some of the calls on Finnish players. I say terrible on both sides. Im more happy for the zero goals than bronze :)

Yes like i stated before, terrible calls on both teams.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
66-87-29 said:
Well it's kind of hard to be good if you're too used to getting called on a penalty all game.

:handclap:

Stop making up excuses and just simply admit that the oh so mighty and unbeatable Canadian team has been outplayed for two straight games.

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
You can give all kinds of excuses but the score, 5-0, speaks for itself. No need for commentary. Finland rocked today! :yo:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Vikke said:
:handclap:

Stop making up excuses and just simply admit that the oh so mighty and unbeatable Canadian team has been outplayed for two straight games.

Maybe vs Sweden but only reason why for Finland was because Canada was always sent to the penalty box (although yes so did Finland), we ran into a good goalie while we had...Auld...again :/ let's see you try dominating a game while you're always used to being sent to the box, we were good untill the reffing began.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Finland was better than Canada in every aspect of the game, officials didn't really affect the result at all.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
66-87-29 said:
Yeah it shows how bad we are without the 1st line which means that 1st line is everything for this team, toobad we ran intoa good goaltender...

Not sure I get this one. Whatever happened to your 1st line? They played the game but were completely shut down.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Like Wall said:
They simply needed to hire some better refs for IHWC, but they remained scrooges instead and hired not so professional ones. Blame the IIHF

I don't know how it's with other countries, but Finland's hockey federation is the one that decided which referees go to each tournament, not IIHF.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Jussi said:
I don't know how it's with other countries, but Finland's hockey federation is the one that decided which referees go to each tournament, not IIHF.

OK, then blame Latvian hockey federation LHF for being such greedy ******** all these years.

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
66-87-29 said:
Maybe vs Sweden but only reason why for Finland was because Canada was always sent to the penalty box (although yes so did Finland), we ran into a good goalie while we had...Auld...again :/ let's see you try dominating a game while you're always used to being sent to the box, we were good untill the reffing began.
In my opinion, there is NOTHING as petty and ridiculous as blaming referees for a (clear) loss.. Way to take it like a man :shakehead

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
MMX said:
Not sure I get this one. Whatever happened to your 1st line? They played the game but were completely shut down.

Can't always rely on your first line, in this case Canada was only a 1st line atleast for Offense.

BTW to the above, getting put to the penalty box all the time does change the way your team plays, they were pretty even at the start of the game, Canada came out jumping at the start. How do you not know that penaltys can change the way your team plays? it's common sense, or atleast it should be.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
CUBErt said:
In my opinion, there is NOTHING as petty and ridiculous as blaming referees for a (clear) loss.. Way to take it like a man :shakehead

Yeah well you didn't watch the game i presume so you got no say in the matter.

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
66-87-29 said:

Yeah, I agree that Canadian goalie lost this game. :sarcasm:

As for the refs, Canadians played dirty especially in the third period. Most calls were valid and there were plenty of uncalled Canadian penalties. On one play a clear hack and a trip that would put Canadians 2 man down - no call. But Canadians manage to get a penalty later and still go 2 man down. Yeah, blame the ref...

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
66-87-29 said:
Yeah well you didn't watch the game i presume so you got no say in the matter.
I did watch the game. And furthermore, I was pretty neutral and didn't really care which one wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad