GDT: WC - Czechs vs Swedes

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
A very strange match, against the logic of how strong both teams are and who the coach is. I lost some money in that I believed the Czechs would win, but it doesn't matter.

Today, the grinders played unexpectedly well, but are they able to repeat the same performance against Finland? We'll see who comes from the NHL. This was a performance that gave me a bit of optimism, but there is still work to be done. To keep a cool head and not be provoked, today the Krejci, an experienced provocation for Dahlin, played it well. I also have to write how Vejmelka helped, the Czechs there completely lost their rhythm and it decided. Victory in efficiency, clever defenders' games, great attacks and Dahlin's excellent decision. He knew what he was doing and was not punished. In the NHL, that would probably be an exclusion, maybe a goal.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
In fairness... He has 6 points in 2 games. He's doing great for us... But that best player not in NHL is usually a kiss of death lol
I'm sure he's a fine hockey player, surprised he's only 36.
As far as I remember he came over played reasonably well for half a season and then got a blood clot and was never heard from again.

Feaster had a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth tho. Also claimed that Jankowski would be the best player taken in the 2012 draft lol

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Based on this game, Sweden looks good. I didn't trust on them winning, but they did. Sweden won shots on goal while leading most of the game. More NHL reinforcements are coming so the plan might work. Hopefully from Sweden's point of view, the new players don't mess up the team dynamic.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sure he's a fine hockey player, surprised he's only 36.
As far as I remember he came over played reasonably well for half a season and then got a blood clot and was never heard from again.

Feaster had a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth tho. Also claimed that Jankowski would be the best player taken in the 2012 draft lol
He led the Swiss league two years in a row for scoring. Great at Olympics too. He's a classic euro star! NHL. He was okay. Better than sekac who got the same label.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Based on this game, Sweden looks good. I didn't trust on them winning, but they did. Sweden won shots on goal while leading most of the game. More NHL reinforcements are coming so the plan might work. Hopefully from Sweden's point of view, the new players don't mess up the team dynamic.
You called it... Special teams determine the winner. They did! A classic ass kicking

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Playing with 9 forwards at this point of the tournament seems way too big risk to be taken by the management. Can't understand how someone can take that high risk at this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad