WC Bronze Medal GDT: Sweden vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Sweden should have got a penalty shot but the ref didnt see the Russian player close his hand on the puck in the crease. :shakehead

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! MOLODCY !!!!!!! :handclap: :clap: :yo:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats Russia and you Russian fans out there. You definitely deserved it.

Now I only hope the the NHL starts so will see what those Russian youngsters can do on the other side of the pond!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
A very strong tournament for Russia...exciting,fast,creative play...a very well desreved Bronze Medal. :clap: :propeller

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Riddarn said:
This is the early game and sweden played late last night + half an OT. Russia will win this, 4-1.

Well both teams scored two goals more, but I was correct. Sweden was too tired and looked a bit like they did in the game vs. the US.

Congratulations to all Russians, well deserved bronze medal!

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Riddarn said:
Well both teams scored two goals more, but I was correct. Sweden was too tired and looked a bit like they did in the game vs. the US.

Congratulations to all Russians, well deserved bronze medal!

Nice to be right sometimes :)

Well, I must also congrat Russia. I very fun team to watch, and I felt sad for them in the semis.

Will be nice to see those kids, Malkin, Ovechkin and Semin, if NHL ever starts up again.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Predatore said:
Now I only hope the the NHL starts

OK but after the Olympics please. ;)

Well anyway, it's the first time since 1998 that I have positive thoughts about the Russian team.

Krikunov is definitely a good coach. The young forwards are obviously hungry and have a lot of character. Now we just need to get guys like Vochenkov, Grebeshkov and Tyutin on the ice ... and of course add a goalie (and I know Nabokov will play in the future, just like Bryzgalov).

Malkin, Ovechkin and Semin are really scary. I just can't imagine how anyone is going to stop them in 2 or 3 years. Add Frolov, Zherdev and Kovalchuk and that's even more impressive!

The future is bright my friends! :D

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:

Well anyway, it's the first time since 1998 that I have positive thoughts about the Russian team.

Krikunov is definitely a good coach. The young forwards are obviously hungry and have a lot of character. Now we just need to get guys like Vochenkov, Grebeshkov and Tyutin on the ice ... and of course add a goalie (and I know Nabokov will play in the future, just like Bryzgalov).

Malkin, Ovechkin and Semin are really scary. I just can't imagine how anyone is going to stop them in 2 or 3 years. Add Frolov, Zherdev and Kovalchuk and that's even more impressive!

The future is bright my friends!

:bow: :clap: :yo: :snide:

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Congratulations to Russia who sure deserved to win, while Sweden sure didn't deserve to win after a game like this, it was pretty embarrassing to watch it as a Swedish fan, especially in the second period. But Russia had the killer instinct and controlled the game, so they sure deserve the medals.

Btw, some interesting trivia mentioned on Swedish tv during the game, they said that this was just the third medal for Russia ever (since they became Russia), the first being the gold in 1993 and then the silver in 2002. And it was only the second time since 1989 (when they were 4th) that Sweden didn't win a medal, they were 6th in 1996 (also in Austria) and now 4th place.

Feb 24, 2004
Congratulations to Team Russia, a well-deserved medal in this tournament. Perhaps if they had showed up for the first period yesterday, it might have been a different colour.

And for the record, I was very much impressed with Syemin(Semin?) almost more than Ovechkin. Capitals fans have a lot to look forward to.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I hope that with new CBA in place, Semin and Ovechkin will remain in Russia for a few years. They'll make more bucks in the Superleague! :D

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
wilka91 said:
I hope that with new CBA in place, Semin and Ovechkin will remain in Russia for a few years. They'll make more bucks in the Superleague! :D

Exactly, why leave your country for the same amount of money??? I wouldn't.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
wilka91 said:
Ovechkin is good as gone to the NHL, once a new CBA is signed.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:

thats for sure ..............ovechkin is almost a teen superstar otherthere :D

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
wilka91 said:

The future is bright my friends! :D

Nabokov would be the last piece in the puzzle, a really sharp goalie is the only thing this team needs. There are so many skilled players on both d (Grebeshkov, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Semenov, Volchenkov) and f (Ovechkin, Malkin, Semin, Frolov... hell I could list about 20 players) coming up. The future certinly is bright.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
CSKA said:
Why that ? please explain

I don't think it is very hard to understand, the Caps fans have something to look forward to, as in watching Semon and Ovechkin.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
nikki9 said:
I don't think it is very hard to understand, the Caps fans have something to look forward to, as in watching Semon and Ovechkin.

Na nikki na na he said "almost more than Ovechkin"

Ovy outplayed Semin on this tourney thats for sure :teach:

Holly **** he outplayed everyone besides Datsjuk ! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad