AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Not a fan of Hino but I think he's a bit better than 6th grade Phillips.
And Harkins and Carter and Puljujarvi…………my main point was saying 2 assists deserves a call up when one was secondary (sloppy pass) and the other was just a dump pass and neither special at all.

Reactions: pengineer

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
There’s simply no precedent- certainly not with the Penguins- for the insertion of qualified young players into the roster leading to team success.

That's actually true and not sarcastic at all, if you are referring to the *voluntary* insertion of young players into the lineup. The myth that Mike Sullivan was once-upon-a-time flexible and open-minded in his approach to young players is just that -- a myth. Unless they are from Bahston (John Marino).

Not a single blessed one of the Wilkes-Barre 5 or 7 or whatever it was got into Sully's lineup because Sully wanted them there in 2016. They got there because injuries left no other choice.

Fortunately for guys like Rust, Sheary, Wilson, Murray, Kuhnhackl and whoever, the 2015-16 WBS Penguins were pretty much comprised of nothing BUT young players and were not overloaded with elderly players (Tommy Kostopoulos aside) or middle-aged mediocrities. Because if that team had a bunch of available rejects like Jansen Harkins, Kevin Porter, Greg McKegg, Louis Domingue, Chad Ruhwedel and Colin White, the talented young guys would never have gotten a whiff of the NHL over those scrubs.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Vinnie’s warming up. Gruden call up ticked him off.

Sorry. Should have talked about Poulin falling down, losing the puck, and getting a secondary assist.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
WB/S has been decimated with Nylander, Smith and Hellberg moved out but they’re also infinitely more exciting to follow with Blomqvist probably getting more than just a 50/50 split from here on out plus Ponomarev, and I assume regardless of who we call up (Poulin, etc.) they’ll return to WB/S for the playoff run.

The SM-Liiga playoffs start in a week or so so maybe Koivunen joins them too once Karpat’s season ends.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad