WBS Penguins thread | Sundqvist Dominating

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Man this team is good, it isnt even optimized with our in house options and there just good. Next time anyones on the ledge think about this...

This teams biggest problems are...

1. Worst player is Eric Fehr who has scored at a 12 goal and 19 point pace as a penguin 4th liner, that can play all 3 forward positions and kills penalties for only 2 million.

2. Player slotted the most over their role is Chris Kunitz who is still on a 41 point pace, plays very good defense and helps team possession.

3. Biggest misc issue is MAF not used to being a backup and thus playing like a backup.

And even though none ofnthese are optimal keeping these players around is giving us serious depth.

Howmany team who kill for these "problems". Ill have to admit i was very skeptical of GMJR when he first signed on but he has delivered everything imaginable and more.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That would be great. I have to admit I never saw this type of AHL domination coming from Sundqvist. I anticipated he'd be a good fourth line center, but the type of offense he's showing so far this season could mean his ceiling is even higher than that. Great stuff.

I never understood why people were so down on Sundqvist's offensive ability. He needed time. Big guys usually do. What we're doing with him right now is what Staal needed, but we were unable to give it to him.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I'm still salivating at the idea of Sprong eventually cracking the lineup on a full time basis. I honestly believe he'd already be making a strong case for himself had it not been for that injury...

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Sprong, Sundqvist and Guentzel could crack this lineup by the end of the season, and they have the ability to have a bigger impact than Kuhnhackl, Sheary, and Rust.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Sprong, Sundqvist and Guentzel could crack this lineup by the end of the season, and they have the ability to have a bigger impact than Kuhnhackl, Sheary, and Rust.

I just hope at least one of them does this season so that they aren't all trying all trying to come in at the same time next season. I don't see the Pens slotting them all in to begin next season at their current NHL experience levels.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I just hope at least one of them does this season so that they aren't all trying all trying to come in at the same time next season. I don't see the Pens slotting them all in to begin next season at their current NHL experience levels.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sprong starts in the AHL.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if Sprong starts in the AHL.

I think all will force their way into the lineup. I think it will be one of those undeniable things - especially Guentzel and Sprong. I do, however, agree that Sprong should start in the AHL, but he won't be there for long until he proves that he is playing above his competition. If getting a chance later in the year, I think the staff will see the value in Sundqvist and his style of play in the bottom 6.

I think one of the most intriguing things with Sundqvist is his size and disposition, I could see him fulfilling a net front role on the powerplay going forward.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Sheary and Rust are odd to have on that list, as neither are guys who have any reason to lose a spot to these replacements. Sheary is currently our best LW, and Rust is playing like our 2nd best RW.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's perfect timing if you ask me. They could all make it due to the Cap, EL contracts already in effect and more.

It's the classic retool and get ready for the next window.

People just can't get discouraged when they do go through that and not looking too hot.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sheary and Rust are odd to have on that list, as neither are guys who have any reason to lose a spot to these replacements. Sheary is currently our best LW, and Rust is playing like our 2nd best RW.

I don't think that's what JTG meant.

He had them on the list to show the realistic potential impact our newest batch of forward prospects could have, and he's right IMO.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reading some stuff today and caught this:

Christmas marked one month off the ice for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins forward and 2015-16 MVP Carter Rowney, who has been sidelined with an upper-body injury that is believed to be a concussion.

The original plan was for Rowney to return after the holiday break, but things were pushed back when his symptoms hadn’t completely resolved.

The good news is that he’s been on the ice the last three days skating with the Penguins in the morning in a non-contact capacity.

“He’s in the protocol, but he actually had a good skate out there today,” Donatelli said. “He’s got to be symptom-free, and then he’ll go and see the doctor. I haven’t talked to him yet (Wednesday), so I’m not exactly sure where he’s at, but he’s making progress.”

Rowney has not appeared in a game since Nov. 25 in Bridgeport. He was in the Penguins’ lineup the next night, but developed symptoms during the pregame skate. In 18 games this season, Rowney, who is on his first career two-way deal with Pittsburgh, has recorded 13 points (5G-8A).
http://citizensvoice.com/sports/warsofsky-recalled-to-pittsburgh-1.2135733#disqus_thread

Didn't know it was a concussion he's been dealing with.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Plotnikov was awful. Man, people were so mad that he was being scratched, and he was useless.

I was more intrigued by the people who thought he was playing well and deserved more playing time or promotion because he could skate and occasionally hit someone and when the mood struck he might shoot and nearly score.

It was kind of like how Beau Bennett was our best forward on a regular basis to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad