Wayne Simmonds

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I haven't Posted Here in years. (ever?) But I dug up my account for this.

Jeff Carter LAK C 60 24 20 44
Mike Richards LAK C 70 9 30 39

Wayne Simmonds PHI R 69 23 29 52
Brayden Schenn PHI C 69 17 21 38

Jakub Voracek PHI R 69 18 32 50
Sean Couturier PHI C 69 10 25 35

At what point do you say the Flyers unequivocally won both of these trades? I understand that the Kings play a highly defensive system but these numbers speak for themselves.

We won those trades. Both teams won actually. Both have gotten what they wanted. Some will say we haven't won until we win a cup as well but there's a ton of time left for this core to do that.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Can we give Simmonds an A next year?? Every interview he does is fantastic, and we already know about his action during games.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I wouldn't be opposed to it if Kimmo doesn't come back. I still think Coburn is first in line though. He's the longest tenured Flyer and seems to have a ton of respect from the guys in the room. It could be good for him too.

Clown Baby*

Coburn's been around long enough, and had enough different coaches, I'm almost surprised he hasn't worn a letter yet.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
was not good in the playoffs in 11/12, repeating it now...
seems to lose all notions of trying to resemble being a skilled player in the playoffs again this season

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
seems to lose all notions of trying to resemble being a skilled player in the playoffs again this season

On the other hand, he shares a line with two slobs who have steppes their game down in the playoffs and has been the only one of them who looks decent.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

His style of play simply doesn't work against the Rags and he is not flexible enough to pick any other spots for himself to actually produce.
He is a heart and soul guy and the opposite of soft but he just doesn't get it done right now...

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
no sarcasm, he has 8 PIMs this series in 3 games
obviously had a bunch in 11/12
he's obviously a player who is going to rack up the PIMs over a long season, but he seems like he just can't help himself from taking silly ones in the playoffs...

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Simmonds in 11-12 had 38 PIM including three 10 minute misconducts. Hardly 2 minors per game...

no sarcasm, he has 8 PIMs this series in 3 games
obviously had a bunch in 11/12
he's obviously a player who is going to rack up the PIMs over a long season, but he seems like he just can't help himself from taking silly ones in the playoffs...

I'm not knocking the dude for playing hard, I love his game, but it seems like he gets penalties at extremely inopportune times (well, really any time is inopportune.) However, one of these penalties was that atrocious holding call.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Simmonds in 11-12 had 38 PIM including three 10 minute misconducts.

So in his 14 playoff games with the Flyers he's taken 8 minor penalties. Hardly two per game...

I stand corrected-musta been the pens series

doesn't change the fact that he's taken 4 bad minors this series.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
2 of the penalties he's taken were ******** because one of them was a horrible call that never happened and the other was a clear embellishment by the Rangers. Remember that phantom "hold" in game 2 and the penalty from last game where he didn't touch the guys face but he recoiled as if he was shot?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
2 of the penalties he's taken were ******** because one of them was a horrible call that never happened and the other was a clear embellishment by the Rangers. Remember that phantom "hold" in game 2 and the penalty from last game where he didn't touch the guys face but he recoiled as if he was shot?

Agreed on the first but on the embellishment, it's established that the Rangers are clearly diving on a lot of these and embellishing the **** out of calls, and it's working, so somehow he has to try to not even give them the opportunity. It's tough because he plays a very physical game, but I think he can do a little better.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I didn't mean to shift the focus entirely to his penalties, his play is still poor even if he hadn't taken a handful of minors already in this series.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I can't say I'm happy about his performance, but I'm trying to stay neutral. He was still fairly young in 11-12 and on the bubble for when you'd expect a player to start stepping it up in POs. I hoped for more this year but how much can we expect from a guy saddled with Brayden "Dumpster Fire" Schenn and Vinny "I Need A Hoveround" Lecavalier?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can't say I'm happy about his performance, but I'm trying to stay neutral. He was still fairly young in 11-12 and on the bubble for when you'd expect a player to start stepping it up in POs. I hoped for more this year but how much can we expect from a guy saddled with Brayden "Dumpster Fire" Schenn and Vinny "I Need A Hoveround" Lecavalier?

It's times like this I wish the NHL adopted the nicknames on the back of the jerseys like the NBA.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

How about the inspiring play of Ray "Cement Hips" Emery and Nick "The Flash" Grossmann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad