Post-Game Talk: Way to bounce back young team! Leafs win!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
As a hockey fan, it was a pretty dull game, all the goals were greasy except for JVR's, and it had very little in the way of suspense.

I wonder what those on the main board who think goals=excitement would say about this game?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Missed the game but had it pvr'ed..... got home and the pvr ****ed up, and didnt record it. :(

It will be on LeafsTV or you can just catch the game in an hour broadcast which will be replayed over and over for the next 24 hours.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
What was it?

Paraphrasing:

Reporter: You guys seemed to support each other well tonight in the battles in front of the net.

Bozak: Yeah, whenever you get a couple of days to bond as a group doing some stuff outside the rink, it really helps the team, and I think we saw that tonight.

I agree with him - I like the fact that some of the guys decided to get together on a day off to go fishing. I don't think it had anything to do with the game against Florida.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Paraphrasing:

Reporter: You guys seemed to support each other well tonight in the battles in front of the net.

Bozak: Yeah, whenever you get a couple of days to bond as a group doing some stuff outside the rink, it really helps the team, and I think we saw that tonight.

I agree with him - I like the fact that some of the guys decided to get together on a day off to go fishing. I don't think it had anything to do with the game against Florida.

Well we sure as **** didn't see that in the last game

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good win. Nice production from guys who don't score that often. Some gritty goals and they all count :).

Big props to Andersen who was huge. If we needed anyone to bounce back it was him since our hopes for the playoffs go through him.

The only thing that would have been nice would have been Matthews being able to get some points. But, such is. Just have to hope he'll break through.

Big bounce back. Now need to carry that on to some tough games ahead. Getting in won't be easy. They'll have to beat good teams to get there.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
What a great addition Boyle's been.

I am finding it hard not to want him back on a 1 or 2 years for the right price.

Only downside is Gaut but competition always a good thing I guess.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I might be one of the few who thinks Soshnikov has some hidden upside. He's really fast, great at handling the puck in tight spaces, works hard and has a great wrist shot. It's a travesty that he's buried on the 4th line. Should be playing with Kadri or in the top 6 in Hyman's role right now.

I don't think you are in the minority on Sosh many are high on him. He can easily play up the lineup. Leivo should be in too. Others are pushing.

The Leafs just have some depth going on right now and are healthy (save Hyman of course).

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
C7FegddWkAALyhH.jpg:large

But what I don't understand is how are we in a playoff spot

The last game against Florida at least ten posters came on the thread to say
That the chance of making the playoffs is over.

Does this actually mean that with 13 games to go we can actually make the playoffs?

I'm confused. If some of those posters who said we are done could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Now if they could get that kind of goaltending and effort for the games down stretch, we should be all right.

It was a really good game.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
That graph is quite wierd. Doesn't Boston has 11 games left ?

Edit: ok i get it now, they made the graph before the oilers game

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
But what I don't understand is how are we in a playoff spot

The last game against Florida at least ten posters came on the thread to say
That the chance of making the playoffs is over.

Does this actually mean that with 13 games to go we can actually make the playoffs?

I'm confused. If some of those posters who said we are done could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Oh, we won, so you won't find them in this thread. :D

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Paraphrasing:

Fishing is one of the most relaxing things on the planet. Anyone who thinks it had any effect on the Florida game needs to take a lap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad