Post-Game Talk: Way to bounce back young team! Leafs win!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hey guys I'm 5-0-0 when creating GDTs....should I go rest of the way? :P

Do you have to ask?

I've missed 6 Leafs games total and the Leafs are 6-0 (including this one) when I don't watch them :laugh:. Im seriously considering watching games after they are concluded.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
The highlight of the game was seeing Josh Donaldson and his "Toronto vs. Everyone" t-shirt :laugh:

As a Leaf fan, it was a great game to watch, the team worked hard, and Andersen was fantastic.

As a hockey fan, it was a pretty dull game, all the goals were greasy except for JVR's, and it had very little in the way of suspense.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I might be one of the few who thinks Soshnikov has some hidden upside. He's really fast, great at handling the puck in tight spaces, works hard and has a great wrist shot. It's a travesty that he's buried on the 4th line. Should be playing with Kadri or in the top 6 in Hyman's role right now.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Missed the game but had it pvr'ed..... got home and the pvr ****ed up, and didnt record it. :(

Oh well, what a huge win, and looks to be a good night in the other scores too.

GLG

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I might be one of the few who thinks Soshnikov has some hidden upside. He's really fast, great at handling the puck in tight spaces, works hard and has a great wrist shot. It's a travesty that he's buried on the 4th line. Should be playing with Kadri or in the top 6 in Hyman's role right now.

Hes a great player

-laser shot
-good puck skills
-good defensively
-physical

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Posted some along the lines of this in the Rielly thread:

Babcock split up the top-4 usage differently and it worked wonders for the team. Gardiner-Zaistev got the shutdown job and got possessed though by a large margin (Gardiner has been bad possession wise for some odd games in the 2nd half of the season). Hopefully that's just 1 game and not a long-term thing.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Congrats on the win. Biggest game of the year and they won it with authority. Huge game for the playoff chances.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

He has potential to be a goal scorer but he is fine on the 4th line for now. His first season in the nhl and he is still trying to figure it out.. and he's young so let him get down the PK and 4th line defensive duties. He may be one of those players that explodes offensively in a few years but he has not figured it out yet

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
As a Leaf fan, it was a great game to watch, the team worked hard, and Andersen was fantastic.

As a hockey fan, it was a pretty dull game, all the goals were greasy except for JVR's, and it had very little in the way of suspense.

Good teams games are quite often very boring to watch. They play pretty much the same game (effort, execution) every night. No surprises, no wtf moments. If our team is going to be challenging for the cup, that is what they are going to be.

Boring is in the eye of the beholder mind you. I love watching solid execution (hard hockey), so when we do get to that point I'll be thrilled.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
As I said.
They looked past Florida.

Now the final hard part of the season: Hawks, B's, Pens, Caps, CBJx2,
in Buffalo, and these FL teams again.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Awesome job by both Freddy and the PK tonight. How badly we were outshot again tonight concerns me though. We can't depend on Freddy to stand on his head every night. Nor can we depend on our oppositions goalies to suck. Overall nice win and a confidence builder though. But we have a string of very tough games coming up. Hopefully we can build off of this somehow. We are at home and the Salmon aren't catchable quite yet.

Mar 26, 2010
I am not a fan of Andersen at all, but nice performance tonight.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Awesome job by both Freddy and the PK tonight. How badly we were outshot again tonight concerns me though. We can't depend on Freddy to stand on his head every night. Nor can we depend on our oppositions goalies to suck. Overall nice win and a confidence builder though. But we have a string of very tough games coming up. Hopefully we can build off of this somehow. We are at home and the Salmon aren't catchable quite yet.

Shots were about even until the refs decided to call 4 straight penalties on the Leafs at the end of the third/start of the third. The spent nearly 10 minutes in their own end from those PK's with Tampa keeping possession for a shift after the penalty was over.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Speed, shot, aggressive, hits hard. I really like his game on the 4th line but I do think he would be very good in a higher role. I think he is one of those players that can adjust to any role. Brown is similar that he can adjust to any role, but without as much flash & probably with more finish.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I hope this game served as a dose of valium for those who were ready to jump off the ledge after the Florida game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope this game served as a dose of valium for those who were ready to jump off the ledge after the Florida game.

Florida game was pretty bad but I said in the GDT before the game that if the Leafs had to lose one, I'd rather lose against Florida and start another win streak. Hope we beat Chicago and sweep Boston the game after that. Makes things infinitely simpler. We would have 11 games remaining and 11 points needed to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad