Water Knight GM Game v2.0-Sign Up+ Discussion

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
damn i thought the signings thing meant we where doing a 13-14 game but i geuss not :'c. I would first like to say i will join but i want to give ideas and WK and his commishes can decide to use them or not. We use 13-14 UFA's but with the 12-13 Cap hit. I know this is weird but gamees are starting to get kinda boring we can't only have KLLR to spice it up. first off this changes the game and add's so many new things to the game for example Pittsburgh maybe is'nt such a powehouse ? Morrow , Iggy , Murray , Dupuis all UFA's means Pittsburgh doesnt get the mega advantage they usually have and the GM has to work and not just **** around , do jack **** and have an amazing team. but the 70.2m Cap hit makes it so teams have a reasonable amount of spending money, Now how you sign UFA's would be completely up to Water Knight to decide.

Contract extensions coming in to play come now. This means Eberle doesnt have the 1 million dollar caphit he now has six mil. Same with guys like Big Max pac , he goes from 1 mil to 4.5.

If you need help doing this WK i personally reccomend trying to get a Goalies UFA , West D UFA , East D UFA , West F UFA and an East F UFA Agent. Which can easily be You , KLLR (I would assume unless he plays this game he may not have time) ECT. I could even pitch in if you want.

Now if you don't want to do this that is fine and i understand maybe this game is'nt the game to do this but i'll be here either way. Just let me know because this affects my team choice.

For this game were just going to do the UFAs at the end of the current year. I want to see how the system works first before we expand on it.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
You're missing the Sens. Not sure about other teams but I happened to notice you're missing the Sens for sure.

Also could we clarify the signing stuff? We have to sign all of our UFA's and RFA's before voting starts right? And we can offer on other teams UFA's as well?

Sorry about that, its fixed now.

Correct, all the signings will be done before voting starts. Correct you can offer on other teams UFA's as well.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
To clarify:

If youe player has signed an extension that kicks in after 2012 - 2013, their 2012 - 2013 cap hit will still be the one used. They will also not be a free agent obviously. So, for example, Howard will not be a free agent and his cap hit in this game is 2.25, and not 5.3.

Aela*

:sens

Won't be looking to trade most of our players unless it's for similar aged players or is a really good deal draft picks and non roster prospects are in play. Looking to contend.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:wings

Looking to contend yet again. Needs are obvious: #1 Dman, Top 4 Dman, Top 6 scoring winger to play with Datsyuk

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Oh and I hate to ***** but having an initial standings worth 66% worth is really stupid. Don't you think good teams are already given enough of an advantage? Teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago already have a huge advantage on everyone and doing this makes it even more unfair.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Oh and I hate to ***** but having an initial standings worth 66% worth is really stupid. Don't you think good teams are already given enough of an advantage? Teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago already have a huge advantage on everyone and doing this makes it even more unfair.

yeah i was thinking the final standings vote should be worth the 66%, not the initial.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
yeah i was thinking the final standings vote should be worth the 66%, not the initial.

I hate having it all tbh, but that would be better. I mean how are teams supposed to catch teams like the Pens and Hawks, with two days of UFA and two days of trading? They don't even have to make a move and are guaranteed a top seed basically.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I hate having it all tbh, but that would be better. I mean how are teams supposed to catch teams like the Pens and Hawks, with two days of UFA and two days of trading? They don't even have to make a move and are guaranteed a top seed basically.

We should do that game that happened quite a while ago. Where everyone picks a team but then every team has no one on their roster. Day by day, we do 1 division at a time and its Free Agency so everyone from those teams is on the market and anyone can sign those players.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:rangers

Looking For:
- Top 6 Winger
- Bottom 6 Forwards
- Upgrades

Available:
I'm willing to discuss anyone except for Nash and Lundqvist. All prospects are available, including Chris Kreider and Christian Thomas.

I'm also willing to move Derek Stepan, Carl Hagelin, Michael Del Zotto, and maybe Ryan McDonagh to a rebuilder for more proven talent.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We should do that game that happened quite a while ago. Where everyone picks a team but then every team has no one on their roster. Day by day, we do 1 division at a time and its Free Agency so everyone from those teams is on the market and anyone can sign those players.

We will be soon actually. I have the game after this one, which will be that game (auction draft). I'd like to start that on the 19th, so it should start almost exactly after this one.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
:avs

Looking for:
Top 2 D (duh)
Top 4 D
Top 6 winger
Wing depth (likely addressed through free agency)

OTB: Stastny/ROR, Any defenseman not named Erik, David Jones, Shane O'Brien, all picks and specs.

EDIT: Just had a GREAT offer come in on Duchene. If the offer is good enough, I'll move him, but he will be significantly more expensive than the other two centers. Be ready to give a legit top pairing D+.

Last edited:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

They are guaranteed a top seed regardless, so, why does it matter for them anyway? It's more for the benefit of a playoff bubble team who is on the cusp and only needs a final push to make it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad