Water Knight GM Game v2.0-Sign Up+ Discussion

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
:nhl
Water Knight GM Game v2.0
To join the game pm me your top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time. In fact DD will be monitoring activity.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start: TBD
  • Sunday at midnight is the trade deadline
  • Get your standing votes in by Monday at midnight
  • Tuesday Voting
  • Wednesday Voting
  • Thursday Voting (if necessary)
    If necessary Voting will continue into Monday and day 8 will be added.

All times are EST and are subject to change as well as the dates, trade deadline is firm however and will not move
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • Salary Cap is $70,200,000M
  • Salary Floor is 52,000,000 M
  • We are using 2013-14 Cap Hits
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at all times, any trade completed that puts a team over the cap will be vetoed.
  • Use CapGeek to find players salaries as well as NTCs and NMCs. Keep in mind if you have a UFA or RFA on your team and he is a free agent this summer then he is no longer on your roster for this game unless you get him to sign. UFAs and RFAs this summer will be available to sign, pm their agent representative (Water Knight for West UFAs and RFAs and DD for East UFAs and RFAs) offers to try and get them to sign with your team ,but keep in mind anybody can sign them.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Chatzy"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • Only 4 players can be place on waivers. If it is discovered you have violated this rule you will be fined a draft pick (3rd or 4th round), a prospect (7.0 or greater), or have cap space added.

[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to donghabs98
  • Deals involving NTCs or NMCs MUST be confirmed by 3 out of 5 commissioners Water Knight, CoachBadkitten, donghabs98
    KLLR " , and West Coast Bias
    before being announced, or it will be vetoed. Include a reason why the player will waive to be traded.
  • Use this template
    Player name:
    NMC/NTC:
    Being Traded From:
    Being Traded To:
    Reasons why to wavie:
  • Any trade, NTC or not, announced before being sent in will be vetoed.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • Gms who have a history of lop sided trades will be fired if they repeat the offense during this game. First time offenders will be fined a draft pick (3rd or 4th round), a prospect (7.0 or greater), or have cap space added.
  • If a trade puts a team over the cap, it will be vetoed.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trading is not allowed before all GM's have joined. Any deal announced before this will be vetoed.
  • You are not allowed to trade intill you have posted a roster in the roster thread. Pictures of muffins, a team logo, or text such as "will post later" is not considered posting your roster. All trades by team without a roster will be veoted
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Cap Retention"]
  • Up to 25% of a player's cap hit may be retained
  • If a player whose cap hit has been retained and is being traded a second time must be labeled as having salary already being retained and the team who is retaining that salary.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Agents"]

UFA and RFA Agent West- Water Knight
UFA and RFA Agent East CoachBadkitten

You will not be permitted to sign and trade the UFAs you go after.
Teams will have 24 hours to match an offer sheet that a player has accepted from another team. After that time if the player wants to, he will sign with the team that sent him the offer sheet.

Please submit offers with the player’s name their current team in the pm title.
Then in the message please use this format:

Player:
Current Team:
Team Submiting the Offer:
Years:
Salary per year:
Other reasons why they should sign with you

.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeekTry to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="RFA"]
  • Each team gets 2 offersheets
  • The team that owns the player can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Over $6,728,781 To $8,000,000 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

For our game the max you can offer an RFA is 8 million, as 4 first round picks as compensation isn't much when this game is only a year long.

[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Draft"]

Draft Will be 4 rounds long
The Draft will be fast and furious and it will probably be over in 1 hour. Each team will need to send me a
list of players for me to pick from if they don't plan on showing up. If a player on your list is avaliable when
I go to pick for you , then I will give you the player that is towards the top of your list. Once a player is chosen for your team, it can not be changed, so I again ask that you submit a list of players to me so you have a chance at getting the players you want. If the gm of the team is in Chatzy time will be given for them to make a pick. However, teams that are not present will be autoed. Again this draft will occur at a fast pace with few if any stops between large numbers of picks being selected or auoted at one time, so please send me a list.

Also if you plan on being in Chatzy for the draft let me know you intend to show up to make your own picks. [/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired. Also keep in mind DD will be watching out for inactive gms.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • There will be two votes to determine the standings. One vote before the deadline, and one vote after. Vote before is worth 66% in standings, the next vote is worth 34% of your overall points.
  • I will be posting the draft order for this GM game in the post below. These are the picks that each team will be considered to own to simplify our game.
  • When it comes time to vote if you purposely hide a good prospect or roster player in an effort to get less points then all of your draft picks will be moved down 15 positions where applicable.
  • Failure to post a final updated roster in the main thread before the end of day 5 (which is also draft day) may result in disqualification of your team.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
    -------------------------------
    Teams Ineligible for rebuild

West
    Chicago Blackhawks
    St. Louis Blues
    Anaheim Ducks
    Los Angeles

East
    New York Rangers
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Boston Bruins
    Washington CapitalsPriceIsGod

[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
This is the list of who owns what draft pick. This is the Draft pick ownership list we will be using for this game. Please read and be aware of the picks you own as GM for this gm game.

Avalanche = Avalanche 1st, Avalanche 2nd, Avalanche 3rd, Avalanche 4th.
Blackhawks = Blackhawks 1st, Blackhawks 4th
Blue Jackets = Blue Jackets 1st, Kings 1st, Rangers 1st, Blue Jackets 2nd , Blue Jackets 4th

Blues - Senators 2nd , Blues 3rd, Blues 4th
Bruins - Bruins 1st , Bruins 3rd, Bruins 4th
Canadiens - Canadiens 1st, Canadiens 2nd, Flames 2nd, Predators 2nd, Canadiens 3rd , Stars 3rd,

Canucks - Canucks 1st , Canucks 3rd, Canucks 4th
Capitals - Capitals 1st, Capitals 2nd, Capitals 3rd, Capitals 4th
Coyotes - Coyotes 1st , Coyotes 2nd, Coyotes 3rd, Panthers 3rd

Devils = Devils 1st, Devils 2nd, Devils 4th
Ducks= Ducks 1st , New York Islander 2nd, Ducks 3rd
Flames = Flames 1st , Penguins 1st , Blues 1st, Flames 3rd , Flames 4th

Flyers = Flyers 1st, Flyers 2nd, Flyers 3rd
Hurricanes = Hurricanes 1st , Hurricanes 2nd, Hurricanes 3rd
Islanders = Islanders 1st, Islanders 3rd, Islanders 4th, Canadiens 4th

Jets= Jets 1st, Jets 2nd , Jets 2nd (compensatory 2013 second round pick (#59 overall)) , Blackhawks 2ND, Blackhawks 3RD, Jets 3rd
Kings = Kings 2nd, Kings 3rd, Kings 4th, Hurricanes 4th, Coyotes 4th
Lightning = Lightning 1st, Lightning 2nd

Maple Leafs = Maple Leafs 1st , Maple Leafs 2nd, Maple Leafs 3rd, Ducks 4th
Oilers = Oilers 1st, Oilers 2nd, Ducks 2nd
Panthers = Panthers 1st, Panthers 2nd, Panthers 4th, Oilers 4th

Penguins = Penguins 3rd, Wild 3rd, Penguins 4th
Predators = Predators 1st, Lightning 3rd, Maple Leaf 4th, Predators 4th, Sabres 4th
New York Rangers = Blue Jackets 3rd , Predators 3rd, New York Rangers 3rd , New York Rangers 4th

Red Wings = Red Wings 1st, Red Wings 2nd, Red Wings 3rd, Red Wings 4th
Sabres = Sabres 1st, Wild 1st , Blues 2nd, Sabres 2nd, Sabres 3rd,
Senators = Senators 1st, Flyers 4th, Senators 4th

Sharks = Sharks 1st, Sharks 2nd, Rangers 2nd, Penguins 2nd, Sharks 4th
Stars = Stars 1st, Canucks 2nd, Stars 2nd, Bruins 2nd, Oilers 3rd,
Wild = Wild 2nd, Devils 3rd, Sharks 3rd,

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:nhl

I'm going to be the activity police again. Last time, this really worked, and I really wasn't as strict as I should've been. Because this game will only last like a week, I'm going to lower my days it takes to be replaced. One day completely inactive and you will be warned, another day completely inactive and we will look to replace you. Again, all it takes is a simple pm to me if you're busy with something or have plans for a day or something. Hopefully everybody stays really active.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
If I could make a suggestion. To ensure that the roster size, cap size and so on are not gone over, can we require that teams making a trade are REQUIRED to update their roster after each trade?! Just a suggestion.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
If I could make a suggestion. To ensure that the roster size, cap size and so on are not gone over, can we require that teams making a trade are REQUIRED to update their roster after each trade?! Just a suggestion.

I second this motion. I think there should be one trade or one day grace period (whichever comes first), then any trade after should be vetoed.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, I'm certainly not going to bother updating my roster after each trade or signing...and if you want to veto my trades because of it, go ahead.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012

Well, I'm certainly not going to bother updating my roster after each trade or signing...and if you want to veto my trades because of it, go ahead.

I'll think about it for next game, but for this game as long as everybody keeps their rosters updated within reason (if you make a major trade involving 3- 4 guys please update) and whenever they can, we should be good. The one thing though that I will be firm on though is posting your roster (a roster that is up to date) in the main thread when it comes time to placing votes. Pictures of muffins, a team logo, or text such as "will post later" is not considered posting your roster.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I will be posting team roles sometime today, or most likely tomorrow. This new job is taking more outta me than I thought

Aela*

This is the list of who owns what draft pick. This is the Draft pick ownership list we will be using for this game. Please read and be aware of the picks you own as GM for this gm game.

Avalanche = Avalanche 1st, Avalanche 2nd, Avalanche 3rd, Avalanche 4th.
Blackhawks = Blackhawks 1st, Blackhawks 4th
Blue Jackets = Blue Jackets 1st, Kings 1st, Rangers 1st, Blue Jackets 2nd , Blue Jackets 4th

Blues - Senators 2nd , Blues 3rd, Blues 4th
Bruins - Bruins 1st , Bruins 3rd, Bruins 4th
Canadiens - Canadiens 1st, Canadiens 2nd, Flames 2nd, Predators 2nd, Canadiens 3rd , Stars 3rd,

Canucks - Canucks 1st , Canucks 3rd, Canucks 4th
Capitals - Capitals 1st, Capitals 2nd, Capitals 3rd, Capitals 4th
Coyotes - Coyotes 1st , Coyotes 2nd, Coyotes 3rd, Panthers 3rd

Devils = Devils 1st, Devils 2nd, Devils 4th
Ducks= Ducks 1st , New York Islander 2nd, Ducks 3rd
Flames = Flames 1st , Penguins 1st , Blues 1st, Flames 3rd , Flames 4th

Flyers = Flyers 1st, Flyers 2nd, Flyers 3rd
Hurricanes = Hurricanes 1st , Hurricanes 2nd, Hurricanes 3rd
Islanders = Islanders 1st, Islanders 3rd, Islanders 4th, Canadiens 4th

Jets= Jets 1st, Jets 2nd , Jets 2nd (compensatory 2013 second round pick (#59 overall)) , Blackhawks 2ND, Blackhawks 3RD, Jets 3rd
Kings = Kings 2nd, Kings 3rd, Kings 4th, Hurricanes 4th, Coyotes 4th
Lightning = Lightning 1st, Lightning 2nd

Maple Leafs = Maple Leafs 1st , Maple Leafs 2nd, Maple Leafs 3rd, Ducks 4th
Oilers = Oilers 1st, Oilers 2nd, Ducks 2nd
Panthers = Panthers 1st, Panthers 2nd, Panthers 4th, Oilers 4th

Penguins = Penguins 3rd, Wild 3rd, Penguins 4th
Predators = Predators 1st, Lightning 3rd, Maple Leaf 4th, Predators 4th, Sabres 4th
New York Rangers = Blue Jackets 3rd , Predators 3rd, New York Rangers 3rd , New York Rangers 4th

Red Wings = Red Wings 1st, Red Wings 2nd, Red Wings 3rd, Red Wings 4th
Sabres = Sabres 1st, Wild 1st , Blues 2nd, Sabres 2nd, Sabres 3rd,
Sharks = Sharks 1st, Sharks 2nd, Rangers 2nd, Penguins 2nd, Sharks 4th

Stars = Stars 1st, Canucks 2nd, Stars 2nd, Bruins 2nd, Oilers 3rd,
Wild = Wild 2nd, Devils 3rd, Sharks 3rd,

You're missing the Sens. Not sure about other teams but I happened to notice you're missing the Sens for sure.

Also could we clarify the signing stuff? We have to sign all of our UFA's and RFA's before voting starts right? And we can offer on other teams UFA's as well?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This was updated in the OP, but i just want to make sure everybody sees this.

UFA and RFA Agent West: Water Knight
UFA and RFA Agent East: Datsyuk Dangles

Please submit offers with the player’s name their current team in the pm title.
Then in the message please use this format:

Player:
Current Team:
Team Submiting the Offer:
Years:
Salary per year:
Other reasons why they should sign with you

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You're missing the Sens. Not sure about other teams but I happened to notice you're missing the Sens for sure.

Also could we clarify the signing stuff? We have to sign all of our UFA's and RFA's before voting starts right? And we can offer on other teams UFA's as well?

To make it interesting, teams won't get an exclusive period to sign their own free agents. All players that will be free agents (unrestricted or restricted) will be free agents in this game on the first day it starts. PM me for the East players, PM WK for the West players.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
I'd join but just too much work load in the nursing program to have any free time lol, have fun boys.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
damn i thought the signings thing meant we where doing a 13-14 game but i geuss not :'c. I would first like to say i will join but i want to give ideas and WK and his commishes can decide to use them or not. We use 13-14 UFA's but with the 12-13 Cap hit. I know this is weird but gamees are starting to get kinda boring we can't only have KLLR to spice it up. first off this changes the game and add's so many new things to the game for example Pittsburgh maybe is'nt such a powehouse ? Morrow , Iggy , Murray , Dupuis all UFA's means Pittsburgh doesnt get the mega advantage they usually have and the GM has to work and not just **** around , do jack **** and have an amazing team. but the 70.2m Cap hit makes it so teams have a reasonable amount of spending money, Now how you sign UFA's would be completely up to Water Knight to decide.

Contract extensions coming in to play come now. This means Eberle doesnt have the 1 million dollar caphit he now has six mil. Same with guys like Big Max pac , he goes from 1 mil to 4.5.

If you need help doing this WK i personally reccomend trying to get a Goalies UFA , West D UFA , East D UFA , West F UFA and an East F UFA Agent. Which can easily be You , KLLR (I would assume unless he plays this game he may not have time) ECT. I could even pitch in if you want.

Now if you don't want to do this that is fine and i understand maybe this game is'nt the game to do this but i'll be here either way. Just let me know because this affects my team choice.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
So you want to go to the year after the year where we have free agency now? Dang, that would be insane. Just looking at some of the top free agents makes me drool...

Malkin, Evgeni » C PIT 26 $8,700,000 2014 (UFA)
Heatley, Dany » L MIN 32 $7,500,000 2014 (UFA)
Gaborik, Marian » R CLB 31 $7,500,000 2014 (UFA)
Vanek, Thomas » L BUF 29 $7,142,857 2014 (UFA)
Thornton, Joe » C SJS 33 $7,000,000 2014 (UFA)
Marleau, Patrick » L SJS 33 $6,900,000 2014 (UFA)
Lundqvist, Henrik » G NYR 31 $6,875,000 2014 (UFA)
Datsyuk, Pavel » C DET 34 $6,700,000 2014 (UFA)
Bouwmeester, Jay » D STL 29 $6,680,000 2014 (UFA)
Boyle, Dan » D SJS 36 $6,666,667 2014 (UFA)
Stastny, Paul » C COL 27 $6,600,000 2014 (UFA)
Phaneuf, Dion » D TOR 28 $6,500,000 2014 (UFA)
Miller, Ryan » G BUF 32 $6,250,000 2014 (UFA)
Sedin, Henrik » C VAN 32 $6,100,000 2014 (UFA)
Sedin, Daniel » L VAN 32 $6,100,000 2014 (UFA)
Timonen, Kimmo » D PHI 38 $6,000,000 2014 (UFA)
Cammalleri, Mike » L CGY 30 $6,000,000 2014 (UFA)
Kiprusoff, Miikka » G CGY 36 $5,833,333 2014 (UFA)
Markov, Andrei » D MTL 34 $5,750,000 2014 (UFA)
Kessel, Phil » R TOR 25 $5,400,000 2014 (UFA)
Pominville, Jason » R MIN 30 $5,300,000 2014 (UFA)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think he meant 2013 free agents(Iggy, Riberio, Morrow, etc) which is what we are already going with....

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

damn i thought the signings thing meant we where doing a 13-14 game but i geuss not :'c. I would first like to say i will join but i want to give ideas and WK and his commishes can decide to use them or not. We use 13-14 UFA's but with the 12-13 Cap hit. I know this is weird but gamees are starting to get kinda boring we can't only have KLLR to spice it up. first off this changes the game and add's so many new things to the game for example Pittsburgh maybe is'nt such a powehouse ? Morrow , Iggy , Murray , Dupuis all UFA's means Pittsburgh doesnt get the mega advantage they usually have and the GM has to work and not just **** around , do jack **** and have an amazing team. but the 70.2m Cap hit makes it so teams have a reasonable amount of spending money, Now how you sign UFA's would be completely up to Water Knight to decide.

Contract extensions coming in to play come now. This means Eberle doesnt have the 1 million dollar caphit he now has six mil. Same with guys like Big Max pac , he goes from 1 mil to 4.5.

If you need help doing this WK i personally reccomend trying to get a Goalies UFA , West D UFA , East D UFA , West F UFA and an East F UFA Agent. Which can easily be You , KLLR (I would assume unless he plays this game he may not have time) ECT. I could even pitch in if you want.

Now if you don't want to do this that is fine and i understand maybe this game is'nt the game to do this but i'll be here either way. Just let me know because this affects my team choice.

Here is a drinking game. Take a shot everytime PiG praises me. You will be dead in like the first 15 lines that he writes

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As for the rosters, I think once a day should be good. It's not hard to spend 15-20 minutes updating it once you're done trading for the day.

Depend on when this starts (if it's after Wednesday), I'll join. Before that, I can't do it.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado

Not sure I understand this post. It sounds like what you are suggesting, we are already doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad