OT: Watcha watchin'?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Whaaaaat? FTWD so far has been laughable at best. TWD at least tries to be "realistic", whereas FTWD is a campy zombie tropefest in the guise of TWD's serious style. It has progressively gotten better, but that isn't a tough ladder to climb.

Brock Ness Monster

Nov 24, 2013
Mooresville
FTWD is a campy zombie tropefest? I'm not seeing it. At least no more than TWD is. Neither of them are very good shows. TWD definitely isn't very "realistic" or "serious" though, and I'm not talking about the zombies.

Reactions: Identity404

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Whaaaaat? FTWD so far has been laughable at best. TWD at least tries to be "realistic", whereas FTWD is a campy zombie tropefest in the guise of TWD's serious style. It has progressively gotten better, but that isn't a tough ladder to climb.

I don't see a campy zombie tropefest either? In all honesty I don't even consider either show to be a zombie show. They just happen to have zombies shuffling around munching on people.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I believe the scariest part of TWD, is the general lack on interest shown by the living characters to the zombies.

Zombies have become such a normal, every day part of life//existence, that people generally don't even care about them anymore.

How many episodes have you seen characters, just standing around outdoors, in the open, just going about business with zombies milling around in the background and unless they get close, the characters generally don't even acknowledge them.

imo that is pretty scary because it shows how divorced from fear and violence they are. I am not sure I am wording this right, but I hope you get what I mean.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I am in awe of TWD. I can't believe how hooked I got on a "zombie show." It's probably because it's not about the zombies at all, but Darwin. Survival. I love it.

weasel66

Son of a ****** Must
Feb 8, 2009
So anyone catch Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.
One of my guilty pleasures is Army of Darkness.
View attachment 85751
"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So anyone catch Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.
One of my guilty pleasures is Army of Darkness.
View attachment 85751
"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

Hail to the king, baby.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm a pretty avid TV watcher... Mainly Monday - Thursday. I've got 2 preschoolers and when those little energy drainers go to bed, I just want a little veg time.

My wife and I tend to combine a serious show with something lighter. Right now we're watching Ray Donovan and Modern Family. I'm really liking Ray Donovan. I've always been a Liev Schreiber fan, and who doesn't like Jon Voight? He's not always the best actor but his character adds a dark comic relief to the show.

Recent other shows include...

Narcos (really enjoyed this)
The League
Wet Hot American Summer (WTF is going on with this show?)
Homeland
Orange
The Bridge (was surprised by this one, very good)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm a big Ray Donovan fan (stuck on S03E09 right now). Narcos is also solid (only 3 eps in).
Going to give Ash vs Evil Dead a shot. I sent the "Army of Darkness in 5 minutes" video to my wife to give her a little background. Her response: "Wow, I don't even know what to say about that lol"

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So everyone who's seen Narcos would recommend? All I'm doing right now is re-watching TWD with my wife (I'm up to date on the show, but we're in season 2 together).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
So everyone who's seen Narcos would recommend? All I'm doing right now is re-watching TWD with my wife (I'm up to date on the show, but we're in season 2 together).

Do you like shows with?

• Drug Lords

• DEA agents that play fast and loose

• Corruption

• Shoot outs

• Boobies

• Great Scenery

• Crazy amounts of Cash

• Crazy amounts of Cocaine

Then you will like this show.

Ad