OT: Watcha watchin'?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Masked Singer

Thingamajig is NBA player Victor Oladipo

I believe the butterfly is either Fantasia or Michelle Williams from Destinys Child. The rest I'm not sure.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Recently watched "Ice Guardians" on Netflix (available on Prime for rent or purchase as well).

It's a good documentary about NHL enforcers...many interviews with past players.

The game has pretty much eliminated this role...the transition has been gradual...but look back even 10 years ago and the contrast is stark

We're almost to a point of no fighting. Only a few guys left...Lucic and Reeves...and they both only have 2 fights this year.

I understand that teams can't afford to ice an enforcer who's a supbar player...but where have the Chris Neil and Shawn Thornton's gone?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I binged through The Expanse to refresh myself before season 4 drops in December.

In the meantime I’m going to start working on Battlestar Galactica for the first time.

Reactions: raynman

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I also forgot to mention that I watched The Lighthouse last week. Weird film. It was filmed totally black and white with an almost square aspect ratio. I really enjoyed it, Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe absolutely killed it.

I love that show, just be warned the final season is one of the most depressing things you'll ever see.
The miniseries and first couple episodes were already depressing as hell. Going from however many billion people to 50,000 and with no real plan for escape was pretty f***ing bleak. You mean to tell me it gets worse? :scared:

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Five episodes in, Watchmen looks like an outstanding show. (But if you haven't read the graphic novel it's building on, it might look like complete nonsense.)

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Since Disney+ kicked off I’ve been making my way through the Marvel catalog. I’m trying to watch them all in chronological order, minus the tv shows. Ive only seen a handful of the movies before this but I’m definitely impressed so far, there are some pretty good movies so far.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Five episodes in, Watchmen looks like an outstanding show. (But if you haven't read the graphic novel it's building on, it might look like complete nonsense.)

That's a weird franchise for me, I find most of the big splashy ones incredibly hackneyed and boring - I literally fell asleep during Captain America and I couldn't even make it through the first Avengers. Seen chunks of Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier, enough to know they're boring too.

But the lesser-known, more offbeat ones I love. Ant-man is probably my favorite of them all. Deadpool. Even Ironman, when that first one came out, was a pretty obscure character at the time and it felt fresh and exciting. Spiderman Far from Home was really good which surprised me because Homecoming was kinda crap IMO.

Reactions: bleedgreen

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
That's a weird franchise for me, I find most of the big splashy ones incredibly hackneyed and boring - I literally fell asleep during Captain America and I couldn't even make it through the first Avengers. Seen chunks of Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier, enough to know they're boring too.

But the lesser-known, more offbeat ones I love. Ant-man is probably my favorite of them all. Deadpool. Even Ironman, when that first one came out, was a pretty obscure character at the time and it felt fresh and exciting. Spiderman Far from Home was really good which surprised me because Homecoming was kinda crap IMO.
I’ve enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, and Ant-Man the most. Spider-Man’s 10 minutes in Civil War was pretty great. Wasn’t too impressed with the Thor movies but I’ve heard Ragnorak is really good.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’ve enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, and Ant-Man the most. Spider-Man’s 10 minutes in Civil War was pretty great. Wasn’t too impressed with the Thor movies but I’ve heard Ragnorak is really good.

Ragnorak is worth your time and maybe the best movie out of all of them. Not only did they switch up the formula but man it is funny. Funnier than 90% of comedies that come out any given year. Doesn’t take itself seriously and several laugh out loud moments.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Ragnorak is worth your time and maybe the best movie out of all of them. Not only did they switch up the formula but man it is funny. Funnier than 90% of comedies that come out anything given year. Doesn’t take itself seriously and several laugh out loud moments.
I’m a big fan of Taika Waititi so I’m looking forward to watching it. I believe it’s next on the MCU timeline.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I still get moved into manly tears by the original comic book version of the Executioner's "He stood alone at Gjallerbru" scene in The Mighty Thor #362.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Just caught up on the first three episodes of the Mandalorian. Not the greatest thing of all time, but pretty entertaining so far. I have spoken.

When I need some background noise, I've been throwing on Boy Meets World on Disney+. Still love that show.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just caught up on the first three episodes of the Mandalorian. Not the greatest thing of all time, but pretty entertaining so far. I have spoken.

When I need some background noise, I've been throwing on Boy Meets World on Disney+. Still love that show.
[mumble] ... I bet a Laine would have banged Topanga... [mumble mumble]

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad