OT: Watcha watchin'?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I still get moved into manly tears by the original comic book version of the Executioner's "He stood alone at Gjallerbru" scene in The Mighty Thor #362.

Is Gjallerbru Finnish for toilet? Is it not normal in Norse culture to stand alone at a toilet? :huh:

Enlighten me good sir.

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is Gjallerbru Finnish for toilet? Is it not normal in Norse culture to stand alone at a toilet? :huh:

Enlighten me good sir.
It's a brigde over the troubled water of river Gjöll that separates the living from the dead.

I do not know if 'gjöll' means 'pulse' in English.

The standard 'one empty urinal in between' rule does apply also in the Scandinavia.

Reactions: Stickpucker

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
WifeSwap

Man how the hell did I miss this show when it was in its prime? This shit is great. California spoiled housewife goes to rural Texas and has to deal with a father who is a real hardass to his kids, doesn't let his kids value materialistic things, and isn't a fashion guru, meanwhile the Texas farm mom is shocked that the California teenage daughters who are obviously spoiled at home don't do chores and is jaw-dropped that the girls value materialistic things.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
John Mulaney hosted SNL again this past Saturday.

The man is perfect for that format. And the musical number was incredible.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
He used to be a writer on the show if I remember correctly. He is funny as hell.
One of the best SNL things I've seen in a long while:

Other things we've been watching:
Fabulous Mrs Maisel on Netflix ... the wife esp loves this
My Life is Murder on Amazon ... Lucy Lawless is...well, pretty flawless :)
A bunch of Harlen Coben mystery series on Netflix ... these are absolutely NUTSO but still fun enough

Reactions: MinJaBen

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Is anyone else still watching The Masked Singer? I was into it the first season but after one of their contestants last season was some video game player, I kinda tuned out.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
NBCsn is airing old playoff games, they've got Knights/Sharks game 7 from last year on now. I still don't think that warranted a 5 minute major but it was a still pretty f***ing stupid hit from Eakin.

Hoping Canes/Caps game 7 makes an appearance.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's even crazier than that guy with the amputated leg in the storage unit, but if you haven't seen that one you should watch it too. Can't remember the name but googling something like "amputated leg in a storage unit" should bring it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad