OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VII ["And his hair was perfect"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
WXPN is doing a 90’s A to Z that started today. Played Barbie Girl a few minutes ago
Heard Brittney Spears Baby One more time yesterday. I am ok with A to Z, but stick to your programming.... unless they are counting them as songs from Kids Corner.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heard Brittney Spears Baby One more time yesterday. I am ok with A to Z, but stick to your programming.... unless they are counting them as songs from Kids Corner.
The library is the library I guess.

Although when they did it for the 80’s, they forgot Bizarre Love Triangle. They usually spend a day on the misses.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
unsure about it so far of one listening

Really enjoying it. It sounds closer to Metallica going back to their roots but not quite. Curious to hear the rest of the album when it's released.

As a Metallica fan who was introduced to them with Ride the Lightning, I kinda tapped out at the Black album. Hardwired tried to recapture some of that older feel... and they definitely nailed that with Spit Out The Bone, but as is the norm these days, it was quantity over quality. Too much filler on the release, and the "styles" really spanned their entire history, so after 3-4 listens of the full album, I was kinda done with that one too.

The latest Megadeth, on the other hand.... that's a banger in terms of old school metal. And the musicianship is just much much better, which is more where my interest lies.

Still, I will always have a soft spot for Metallica and I really hope that Lux Aeterna is a good sign - keep the album short and concise, lose the filler.

Reactions: trostol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The discussion in the Ob-seq thread got me in a '60s kind of mood. The Byrds, one of the first "Supergroups", with the late great Clarence White, on Playboy After Dark. So groovy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad