OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VII ["And his hair was perfect"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yes. He had an "older" voice. I didn't realize how young he was at death.

Frankly tough time for this conversation for me. Coworker's mom and my sister in law's, mother in law died on Monday, and the youngest sister in law (52) lost an 8 year battle with cancer on Tues. The Mrs was with her on Mon, and TVs had the Queen's funeral on.... she had to leave, couldn't take it. Piling on, tomorrow is the 29th anniversary of their mother's passing, from the same cancer that claimed the sister in law.
Sorry to hear this Swami

Reactions: trostol and swami24

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Thirteen is definitely the weakest from their killer 4-album peak from Bandwagonesque through Songs from Northern Britain, but it's definitely still worth a listen. Here's one from each songwriter.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Saw Pavement at the Met with my daughter last night - pro parenting tip: raise a kid with the same taste in music as you. Great show from all over their catalogue, most of the hits but a lot of deeper album cuts as well over 90 minutes or so.

Started off with Grounded.

Later, Kurt Vile came on to sing Zurich is Stained and immediately it sounded like a Kurt Vile song. Was fine but really would have preferred Kurt stayed in his seat, quite frankly.

Notable omission: Gold Soundz. Was expecting that to be the closer, but no. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised they closed with a grand performance of Stop Breathin.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Saw Pavement at the Met with my daughter last night - pro parenting tip: raise a kid with the same taste in music as you. Great show from all over their catalogue, most of the hits but a lot of deeper album cuts as well over 90 minutes or so.

Started off with Grounded.

Later, Kurt Vile came on to sing Zurich is Stained and immediately it sounded like a Kurt Vile song. Was fine but really would have preferred Kurt stayed in his seat, quite frankly.

Notable omission: Gold Soundz. Was expecting that to be the closer, but no. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised they closed with a grand performance of Stop Breathin.

Great room to see a show

Reactions: mja

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Brutal day, on calls from 930 to 300. Long story, but it was 85 deg at my desk. Just left the office at 3, couldn't take heat anymore. Felt so good to breathe fresh air. On the short drive home, found Chicago, Feeling Stronger All The Time. Windows open and cranked it up. Oh did that ever feel great.

Reactions: dragonoffrost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad