OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Insanely good live band. Always loved the drums especially on this one.
Also an epic song. Lyrically brilliant.

Any punk, post-punk and rock fans should probably check out their output... at least their 1980s and early 90s stuff. Though still have some awesome songs from time to time even now.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm listening to the new Doves album right now and I really like it.

They've always been one of my favorite bands. I'm glad they're back together.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
"Fire" by Electric Six has been my go-to workout album for the last week. It's perfect for the task.

What I find quite funny about myself is that while in the day I generally listen to mainly punk, rock, ska... mixed in with other "alternative" music genres...

when it comes to working out (I cant listen to music when I run... so only gym stuff) I generally listen to stuff like this:

Like from trip-hop to european house to electronic.

My workout music playlist is probably 75%:

Degiheugi, Ratatat, Bonobo, Wankelmut, Gold Panda, Jim Bazzouka, Mounika, Justice, Kavinsky... and that kind of vibe.

And then have some other stuff randomly thrown in from a few songs each of Kendrick Lamar, Outkast, Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Anderson .Paak to Tame Impala, Crystal Fighters and LCD Soundsystem. :laugh:

I actually have one Electric Six song in there haha. Love Song for Myself. It always makes me laugh at the irony of listening to that in a gym.

Don't get me wrong... I do "like" all that stuff anyway and sometimes listen to it just sitting around at home... but 90% of the time I listen to those playlists are in the gym or when I work and dont want to be disturbed and just focus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What I find quite funny about myself is that while in the day I generally listen to mainly punk, rock, ska... mixed in with other "alternative" music genres...

when it comes to working out (I cant listen to music when I run... so only gym stuff) I generally listen to stuff like this:

Like from trip-hop to european house to electronic.

My workout music playlist is probably 75%:

Degiheugi, Ratatat, Bonobo, Wankelmut, Gold Panda, Jim Bazzouka, Mounika, Justice, Kavinsky... and that kind of vibe.

And then have some other stuff randomly thrown in from a few songs each of Kendrick Lamar, Outkast, Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Anderson .Paak to Tame Impala, Crystal Fighters and LCD Soundsystem. :laugh:

I actually have one Electric Six song in there haha. Love Song for Myself. It always makes me laugh at the irony of listening to that in a gym.

Don't get me wrong... I do "like" all that stuff anyway and sometimes listen to it just sitting around at home... but 90% of the time I listen to those playlists are in the gym or when I work and dont want to be disturbed and just focus.

I first got into beep-boop music because I'd go wander/jog around Alexandria and listened to CHVRCHES. It went naturally from there.

My current attempt at working out without injuring myself is the first time in a long time I've gone back to "regular" rock

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

RIP Toots Hibbert. COVID took him apparently.

Amazing voice. Some fantastic lyrics. A legend in Caribbean music.

Was still touring at 77 until a few months ago. Was actually supposed to be in the UK on tour right now.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

RIP Toots Hibbert. COVID took him apparently.

Amazing voice. Some fantastic lyrics. A legend in Caribbean music.

Was still touring at 77 until a few months ago. Was actually supposed to be in the UK on tour right now.

Actually released an album this year. I am a reggae listener, and he was right there after Marley. Pressure Drop is one of my all time favorite songs. He had a great appearance on SNL at one point.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Got shown this by a friend this week. Has really seemingly not got much traction in Europe yet... but I guess they will. Pretty much tailor made for my generation of Brits haha. (The Fall, The Cure, The Smiths New Order, Bloc Party style jangly guitar solos are wired into British indie kids hearts I think...)

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Got shown this by a friend this week. Has really seemingly not got much traction in Europe yet... but I guess they will. Pretty much tailor made for my generation of Brits haha. (The Fall, The Cure, New Order, Bloc Party style jangly guitar solos are wired into British indie kids hearts I think...)

New Order has a new song!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Interesting, sounds like something that just missed the cut for Silent Alarm (which is a brilliant f***ing album that BP never lived up to afterwards).

Edit: Wait, this dude's from f***ing Wisconsin? Also, this is a legit live performance? Holy shit.

Got shown this by a friend this week. Has really seemingly not got much traction in Europe yet... but I guess they will. Pretty much tailor made for my generation of Brits haha. (The Fall, The Cure, The Smiths New Order, Bloc Party style jangly guitar solos are wired into British indie kids hearts I think...)

I mean, if I squint I can see the through line there, but I definitely don't associate jangly guitar solos with the Fall. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad