OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You guys like Queen and know who this guy I had to google is. Hopeless. Jagger moves like Jagger, geniuses.
giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I give Jagger and the Stones credit for miraculously punching far above their weight and putting out Exile on Main Street which is an incredible album, but otherwise they're a garbage band and Jagger sounds like he's gargling the bag of marbles he was beaten senseless with

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I give Jagger and the Stones credit for miraculously punching far above their weight and putting out Exile on Main Street which is an incredible album, but otherwise they're a garbage band and Jagger sounds like he's gargling the bag of marbles he was beaten senseless with

Between this and The Wonder Years, I want to fight your face.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"Exile" aside there are just so many contemporary bands that were better.

They aren't my favorite band from that era, but they still put out some great records. Exile isn't even my favorite of theirs.

Aftermath, Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, and Sticky Fingers are all stone-cold classics and Goats Head Soup is extremely underrated. Their last worthwhile album was Some Girls in 1978.

From 66-73, they were pretty damn prolific.

Speaking of music from this era, I just discovered the 1970 album Cold Fact by Rodriguez last night and HOLY f*** my mind is blown. Psych-folk/Blues with Dylan-esque lyrics. I am questioning my entire life for not being aware of this album.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad