- stoner rock
- metal
- death metal
- post-metal
- rap
- gangster rap
- underground rap

Etc.

I’ve been listening to the Arctic Monkeys debut album, Weezer’s Blue Album, & Weezer’s Pinkerton on repeat this week. Looking for something fresh

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Oooh. Not too shabby. I’m into the following genres:
- rock
- indie rock
- post-rock
- alternative rock
- prog rock
- stoner rock
- metal
- death metal
- post-metal
- rap
- gangster rap
- underground rap

Etc.

I’ve been listening to the Arctic Monkeys debut album, Weezer’s Blue Album, & Weezer’s Pinkerton on repeat this week. Looking for something fresh

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Holy moly! I’m being inundated with music recs and it’s fantastic!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If you want sad shit I'm you're guy as well.

Apparently 30% of my music is happy, according to Spotify. Which...makes sense really

*Gestures broadly at everything*

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I can definitely work with this. Blue album is one of my favorite of all time, and I was literally just spamming that AM album while working this past week. Stay tuned.

Love the Blue Album! It’s perfect with the exception of two songs that, while they flow well with the album, are kinda shit (No One Else & Holiday). I either skip over those or just take them out of my Apple Music library when I list to Blue all the way through. AM’s debut is fantastic. Blew me away with how catchy it was on the first listen.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Love the Blue Album! It’s perfect with the exception of two songs that, while they flow well with the album, are kinda shit (No One Else & Holiday). I either skip over those or just take them out of my Apple Music library when I list to Blue all the way through. AM’s debut is fantastic. Blew me away with how catchy it was on the first listen.

Reactions: mja

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Okay, clearly I was scanning Pitchfork's BNM list. I'm basic; I know...

Really digging the new Waxahatchee album.

Also, this is just a hell of a performance...

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
That album had some good songs. Falling to Pieces is a fave of mine. Fun to play on drums too. It's easily been over a year since I've played it, so I'll make it a point to jam it next time!

was a concert that got canceled that i would have loved to have gone to out to LA for..FNM, SOAD, Korn and Helmet

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can't figure out how to post a link to it, but currently listening to Rhys Darby's new podcast "Aliens Like Us," which is both hilarious and interesting. If you like comedy and aliens, give'r a listen!

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Can't figure out how to post a link to it, but currently listening to Rhys Darby's new podcast "Aliens Like Us," which is both hilarious and interesting. If you like comedy and aliens, give'r a listen!
I love that guy, may have to check it out. I'd recommend the Boogie Monster podcast, which sounds like a similar premise. Two comedians, Kyle Kinane and Dave Stone, talk about supernatural stuff like aliens, bigfoot, skinwalker ranch etc.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I love that guy, may have to check it out. I'd recommend the Boogie Monster podcast, which sounds like a similar premise. Two comedians, Kyle Kinane and Dave Stone, talk about supernatural stuff like aliens, bigfoot, skinwalker ranch etc.
It is so good. Classic Rhys Darby type of comedy but he also is a big fan of aliens and has like legit guests on and actually talks about the stuff with a bunch of comedy interwoven in there. There's only a handful of 'sodes and they are only like 30 minutes long but dang it's good.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It is so good. Classic Rhys Darby type of comedy but he also is a big fan of aliens and has like legit guests on and actually talks about the stuff with a bunch of comedy interwoven in there. There's only a handful of 'sodes and they are only like 30 minutes long but dang it's good.
Sounds right up my alley. Rhys was obviously great in Flight of the Conchords and What we do in the Shadows, but have you seen that show Wrecked that was on TBS? He kills it in that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad