OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Did you strip down to your boxers like the guitarist did? :laugh:

It's all about the energy at a live show. Nothing worse than a band tossing up a limp dick performance and ruining your night.

Haha. I believe (having lived with a guy from south west France like they are) that it is just their regional dress. Only half joking. My housemate had 3 friends from his home town come over... walked into the dining room at 10am and all three were having breakfast and coffee in their boxers and thought nothing of it.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It terms of other "post punk" bands who are pretty damn good and making music right now:

I must admit not the biggest fan of his vocals. But musically very much up my street.

Plus as Flyers fans we should all get used to rooting for Belorussians.

This fellas mustache is mesmerizing.

Reactions: Appleyard

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The whole album is f***ing fire. Goddamn it's so good.

So, so good! El-P’s production skills never cease to amaze. He keeps getting better as a rapper too. Killer Mike always knocks it outta the park.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Since mentioned Pulp earlier...

Even the "middling" songs during their glory years were just fantastic.

And Jarvis Cocker in my opinion is one of the best lyricists in terms of both storytelling, social perception, wit and capturing unsanitised human emotion.

Also seen some absolutely hilarious interviews with him... including one about him breaking both his legs climbing out of a window to impress a girl and not being able to get back in.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I f***ing love this song

The first incarnation of The Travelling Wilbury's might be the most talented group of musicians ever assembled in the rock genre. (since like half of them are in this video haha!)

Also this song has an awful backstory.

He and his whole family almost died in a housefire that Petty rescued his wife and 5 year old daughter from... it was an arson attack, someone covered the back staircase and door to the house in gas and lit it, and the whole house burnt down sans the basement studio. That is what the song was about.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
While on topic of that era of Tom Petty

One of the best parody songs ever... as well as being better than all of the 1980s songs it parodied.

Would have loved to be in the room when Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and George Harrison were jamming and coming up with more euphamisms after the line "He loves your..." as apparently that is how those parts were written after Dylan wrote the verses.

Reactions: DancingPanther

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The first incarnation of The Travelling Wilbury's might be the most talented group of musicians ever assembled in the rock genre. (since like half of them are in this video haha!)

Also this song has an awful backstory.

He and his whole family almost died in a housefire that Petty rescued his wife and 5 year old daughter from... it was an arson attack, someone covered the back staircase and door to the house in gas and lit it, and the whole house burnt down sans the basement studio. That is what the song was about.

Well, that’s an awful backstory.

The song is almost light and poppy but there’s something about Petty’s delivery that makes it boneshakingly heavy. Still gets me hyped

Reactions: Appleyard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad