OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirimon

Oct 2, 2009
The Wrong Town
Yeah, one of the best things with Calexico is that their collaborations with other artists/bands often turn out really well. I wouldn't mind if they did some more stuff with Jim James for instance.

If you'd like to check them out some more, I'd recommend the album Feast & Wire.

Also, here's Jessie Ware

FresnoFlyer

Jun 17, 2012
Central California
\m/

282927_329230930490958_1284355664_n-300.jpg

http://jointhedead.bandzoogle.com/fr_home.cfm

:yo:

murrough

Jul 19, 2006
Rather impressive BM song from German band. And yes, I'd like to wifey the singer!

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
If you got to see the Cows live, you probably had an enjoyable and memorable experience.

I did.

murrough

Jul 19, 2006
And now, something little different! Not sure if this should be in this thread tho but whatte hell.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I watched that old 2001 on Springsteen show last night...aside from the occasional rambling speech, it's fantastic. Fun fact: Max never, ever stops staring at Bruce during shows. Once you notice, it can't be unseen.

I'm finally listening to Arcade Fire's first album. The music is fantastic but I think Butler is overextending himself on the vocals.

And in honor of the champagne supernova reference from the GDT:

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I watched that old 2001 on Springsteen show last night...aside from the occasional rambling speech, it's fantastic. Fun fact: Max never, ever stops staring at Bruce during shows. Once you notice, it can't be unseen.

I'm finally listening to Arcade Fire's first album. The music is fantastic but I think Butler is overextending himself on the vocals.

Ah, the Boss, I can never get into him how some people do. I liked Nebraska and some of his other stuff. I guess I've heard enough by the book rock n roll, and spent enough time actually living a middle class american life, that his stuff doesn't seem as special as it was at the time.

I would agree about Funeral. I think it's still brilliant though. I had a similar opinion of Full Collapse by Thursday (came out around the same time as Funeral actually). Amazing album that was almost ruined by the singer. He learned to reign himself in a big and improved technically on their third alum, which was amazing.

Last edited:

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I don't think too many people here like R&B from what I gather, but this song is pretty tight. These lyrics are so awful they nearly ruin the song for me. Sounds great in the background though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad