OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just found out that Warped Tour (which is putting together a disgraceful show and should not be allowed to be called Warped Tour anymore) has a parent's dropoff and parent's tent. WTF? Warped Tour used to be just a bunch of kids getting wasted and puking and getting beat up. Now there is a designated area to be picked up and dropped off and a place for parents to sit during the show? What happened???

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Just found out that Warped Tour (which is putting together a disgraceful show and should not be allowed to be called Warped Tour anymore) has a parent's dropoff and parent's tent. WTF? Warped Tour used to be just a bunch of kids getting wasted and puking and getting beat up. Now there is a designated area to be picked up and dropped off and a place for parents to sit during the show? What happened???

Punk pop and post hardcore is a bigger market than what they were originally gearing the tour for

Edit : also, with them setting the age at say 18, they end up losing money since the kids who listen to the music mostly can't go

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Punk pop and post hardcore is a bigger market than what they were originally gearing the tour for

Edit : also, with them setting the age at say 18, they end up losing money since the kids who listen to the music mostly can't go

Warped tour was never age restricted. I went when I was like 14 or 15. It's just sad to see such an awesome thing turn into crap. I get they are trying to make money and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a bummer to see something that used to be so great now become something for middle school girls. I remember drinking beers with homeless guys in Camden when I was a sophomore in high school, then getting punched in the face in the pit for Bad Religion. THAT was Warped Tour. Now there is a parent's tent and a secure dropoff point! Come on!!! Hence, the song I posted. Epitomizes my exact feelings.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Warped tour was never age restricted. I went when I was like 14 or 15. It's just sad to see such an awesome thing turn into crap. I get they are trying to make money and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a bummer to see something that used to be so great now become something for middle school girls. I remember drinking beers with homeless guys in Camden when I was a sophomore in high school, then getting punched in the face in the pit for Bad Religion. THAT was Warped Tour. Now there is a parent's tent and a secure dropoff point! Come on!!! Hence, the song I posted. Epitomizes my exact feelings.

Yeah, I know it wasn't age restricted.. But that's part of the problem.. They SHOULD make it anywhere from 16-18+ With that limit, now there's tons of people not wanting punk pop bands which makes it better

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah, I know it wasn't age restricted.. But that's part of the problem.. They SHOULD make it anywhere from 16-18+ With that limit, now there's tons of people not wanting punk pop bands which makes it better

It was fine back in the day without the age restrictions. Its just there aren't the same kinds of bands around in the same numbers. You still have the NOFXs, Bad Religions, etc out there, but I don't know if you could put a tour together like the ones from the late 90s and into the 2000s. The closest thing is Riotfest which is only a couple days and spread out real far. I went with my buddy to Chicago a couple years ago then to Philly last year. Saw Descendents, ALL, Bosstones, X, Dead Milkmen, Suicide Machines, Leftover Crack, Valient Thorr, and a bunch of other sick bands. This year it is shaping up to be pretty solid in every location (Chicago, Toronto, and Brooklyn) but Philly. I've never even heard of the bands they have listed to play Philly. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We should cleanse the earth of punk pop bands

None of these bands out there even come close to the definition of punk. Darby Crash is spinning in his grave every time someone refers to bands like Yellowcard or Fall Out Boy as punk. Have you seen the bands on Hopeless records these days? That label used to be about as badass as you can be. Go to their website and look at the link that says former bands. Some of the best punk bands of all time were on there. Now it is filled with a bunch of boy bands pandering to middle school girls. Once again, I understand that they are trying to make money and I can't fault them for that. I'm not one of those people who gets mad at people for "selling out" to make money. It just sucks to see something you used to love so much that was so great turn into a pile of crap.

FresnoFlyer

Jun 17, 2012
Central California
Vio-lence_-_Oppressing_The_Masses_Front.JPG

:yo:

mirimon

Oct 2, 2009
The Wrong Town
Ok, so now it's time for some pretentious stuff. Harry Martinson was a Swedish author and poet who wrote the poetic cycle Aniara, about a space ship destined for Mars where it's passengers are about to colonize the planet since the Earth is in a pretty bad shape due to environmental destruction and nuclear wars. However, after a near collision with an asteroid it's course is altered and the space ship is no longer possible to maneuver. and the people on board are doomed to live the rest of their days floating through space.

When Stockholm City Theatre celebrated 50 years, they thought it a good idea to set this up as a play and hired Kleerup (the guy behind Robyn's With Every Heartbeat) to compose music to it.

Lyrics would be something like this:

And somebody said that the shadow beneath the trees
got whiter, the more the frost came
as if its green grass was the hair of summer
that quickly aged and turned to ice
and I stood silently and frozen there in the dark
and only heard everything that was dear to me
disappear into a dark and icy wind
and the summer was soon dead in the land of Rind

So the wind turned
the black heat came

Then I fell straight into somebody’s arms
somebody who came running and who shouted
I did not know who in this darkness
had caught me when both legs gave way
if this was a devil or a human being
then the thunder increased to a hurricane
and the one who held me shouted louder
“protect the eyes, it's coming soon"

So the wind turned
the black heat came

Then I made my voice as shrill as I could
and shouted back at him “I am blind!
And therefore I am protected, I have never seen,
but only ever felt the land of Rindâ€
Then the man released me and ran for his life
I do not know where to in the night’s hot rumble
that suddenly could only be drowned out
by terrible thunderstorms from afar

So the wind turned
and the black heat came

Luckily I came to a stony cave
where the heat was not so unbearable
and somebody led me through the night
the time that followed became my year of fate
I taught myself the braille of the big scream
I touched my face with my hand
now I am a singer in the third hall
and will never return to my land

So the wind turned
the black heat came
so the wind turned
the black heat came

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

I hate when they make white people dance on a stage like that in videos! We have absolutely no rhythm! She just looked awkward up there :laugh:

Also if I were to ever go to one of those concerts, I would try to trip my balls off with some sort of drug lol. I'm not a drug user at all, but that would seem a good place to try something.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I hate when they make white people dance on a stage like that in videos! We have absolutely no rhythm! She just looked awkward up there :laugh:

Also if I were to ever go to one of those concerts, I would try to trip my balls off with some sort of drug lol. I'm not a drug user at all, but that would seem a good place to try something.

White people just look awkward dancing anywhere :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad