OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
Warped tour was never age restricted. I went when I was like 14 or 15. It's just sad to see such an awesome thing turn into crap. I get they are trying to make money and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a bummer to see something that used to be so great now become something for middle school girls. I remember drinking beers with homeless guys in Camden when I was a sophomore in high school, then getting punched in the face in the pit for Bad Religion. THAT was Warped Tour. Now there is a parent's tent and a secure dropoff point! Come on!!! Hence, the song I posted. Epitomizes my exact feelings.

The first Warped tour in 95 was the best- Quicksand, CIV, Sick of It All, Shelter, Orange 9mm, L7, Seaweed, No Use for a Name. I think I went to the first 3 or 4 of them before losing interest. I think Rancid played the last one i was at.
I'm sure there were bands I liked that played the following years, but the whole idea of it just got lame. Maybe it was me just getting older and not wanting to spend the day in the heat to see maybe 1 or 2 bands out of 30. Plus, the whole thing became way too corporate for being a "punk" fest. The prices were ridiculous. It was like 100 degrees in the FU parking lot and they were charging like 5 bucks for a water and this was 12+ years ago. I'm sure today that same water is closer to $10.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
If that was in reference to me, that's trance :laugh:

Not just you. I know amateur hours listens to some electronic music too.

Most of the percussion is straight up house music, as are the vocals. The bass lines and the synth riff aren't really typical trancy stuff either. I have heard people call this tech house, trance, house......I heard one person call it "nu disco" (wtf). Meh, it's all derivations of house music to me. I don't get caught up too much in the differences, as I like some of all of it, and there is more difference within all of those genres as there are definitive differences between them.

More important that any of that is whether or not you dig it at all.

What would you pigeonhole this weird ass song as?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Not just you. I know amateur hours listens to some electronic music too.

Most of the percussion is straight up house music, as are the vocals. The bass lines and the synth riff aren't really typical trancy stuff either. I have heard people call this tech house, trance, house......I heard one person call it "nu disco" (wtf). Meh, it's all derivations of house music to me. I don't get caught up too much in the differences, as I like some of all of it, and there is more difference within all of those genres as there are definitive differences between them.

More important that any of that is whether or not you dig it at all.

What would you pigeonhole this weird ass song as?

I am terrible with genres :laugh:

But last.fm has it tagged as electro

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The last 3-4 minutes of this song is absolutely awesome through headphones. Unless you're listening to a non-stereo version.

Edit: from about 4:45 onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad