Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Anyone know what the total even strength series goals is this series? Caps have to be dominating there? One of Tampa’s ES goals was 2 seconds after a penalty ended too - so basically a PPG too

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Solid performance on the first elimination game. Next one is definately harder, because Tampa is at the spot too. Expect them to come up with more of the famous urgency. Its always harder to repeat after getting that one ”huh” out of the way.

Game 7.. phew.. need some bounces. Give us some bounces.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Same referee team (actually same crew with the same linesman) from game 2 Tonight’s NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Referees and Linesmen – 5/13/18 where they called Wilson for goalie interference when he was hooked and Oshie for the high sticking of Hedman when it was the puck that hit Hedman in the face. Both BS calls that led to TB goals. The NHL rewards these two for that performance by having them work this game. Unbelievable. F this league!

During Caps Overtime, Al Koken and Alan May railing against the referees citing the no call unsuspecting hit by Girardi on Ovechkin that Pierre was even complaining about as being a blatant interference and Koken bringing up the Backstrom penalty in the third and that it was exactly the same no call on Stamkos that the Bolts scored on in game 5. Alan May remarking that he's not surprised with this crew and expects nothing less from then.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
During Caps Overtime, Al Koken and Alan May railing against the referees citing the no call unsuspecting hit by Girardi on Ovechkin that Pierre was even complaining about as being a blatant interference and Koken bringing up the Backstrom penalty in the third and that it was exactly the same no call on Stamkos that the Bolts scored on in game 5. Alan May remarking that he's not surprised with this crew and expects nothing less from then.

Reminds me of past Rangers series when the Saintly Rangers could literally do no wrong and the Caps got 0 PPs in a number of games.

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017

The only thing you can rely on is your play. Even if it ends up being not true, caps gotta go in thinking they're playing against Tampa and the refs. Not that I'm saying the refs are going to be one sided, but the NHL doesn't honor teams who should have won but didn't.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Reminds me of past Rangers series when the Saintly Rangers could literally do no wrong and the Caps got 0 PPs in a number of games.
Tampa Bay has been called for only one penalty in the last two games. Should change their name from the Lightning to the Lady Byngers!:sarcasm:

Keep in mind that this is a team that has the likes of Chris Kunitz and Ryan Callahan in their line up.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Had an amazing time. Place was deafening the entire time. Fans I say next too seemed pretty knowledgeable too. Man seeing all the fans in caps gear I was like “I’m home” haha.
Games in person are so much different thanon tv. Wasn’t worried about every single shot going in. Go caps! Wooo. one more game baby

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Hail Lloyd, full of grace, the Cup is with thee. Blessed art thou among Caps fans, and blessed is the fruit of thy cup, alcohol. Holy Lloyd, Father of Hockey, pray for us Caps fans, now and at the hour of our doom. Ramen.

Everyone say 7 Hail Lloyd’s for game 7

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Going to bed but man what a game. Game 7 could go either way but relish this one fellas, they dropped the hammer and that was something to behold. 8 wants it bad, so bad...

fckya.gif

shelco

May 7, 2018
I asked for bodybags and they delivered! Have to play exactly the same on Wendsday. Hit everything that moves and pray Tampa doesnt get 10 powerplays. Refs like to let them play in a game 7 which might help us.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Nice! First playoff win ever on home ice against TB.

This post season's entire theme is exorcising the demons of years past. From overcoming 2 game deficits vs Cbus, to the Pens (say no more) to fighting past the "Choking Dogs" reputation tonight.

No fuggin clue what to expect on Wednesday though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad