Post-Game Talk: Washington vs tb

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Well, sorta......eh, not really. Caps are carrying the play, and no penalties? They went 2 full GAMES (not periods, mind you) without a call against Tampa.

You’re telling me they didn’t cheat the rules once, in 120min of action? While being outshot, outhit, out hustled, OUT EVERYTHING, and they didn’t do anything wrong?

Bull Sh**.

Refs swallowing the whistle only helps the team that’s scrambling. Right now, that doesn’t help the Caps.
Eh. I'm guessing TB has better PP% than we do. I'm fine with very few penalties. Especially since we look good at 5 v. 5.

TB power play scares the living bejesus out of me

Last edited:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That game took a piece out of the Bolts
I hope so. But each game is its own animal. There have been so many times before where I thought Caps were either dead in the water or, conversely, firing on every cylinder, and then the following game disproved my understanding of the situation. We'll see.

At least our guys have been down this road before and they remember how incredibly painful those previous game 7 losses were. I think they'll give it their all. They sure did tonight. At least we can take pleasure in that. That was a gutsy performance.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Eh. I'm guessing TB has better PP% than we do. I'm fine with very few penalties. Especially since we look good at 5 v. 5. TB power play scares the living bejesus out of me

Maybe... but the team that's dominating shouldn't have 1 PP in 2 games of play. We dominated both these games and got 1 PP out of it. That means that the refs are evening things up because one team isn't on the same level as another team. And no one pays good money to watch the refs call a game. We've outshot them every game and pretty much controlled all 6 games and yet somehow Tampa has more PP's than we do? Absurd.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Just came back from reading the game day / post game thread on the Lightning's page....yeah, it was fun. Some of the best parts:

Hedman is terrible, doesn't deserve to ever win a Norris or a Cup. Baha.
Stamkos running into Miller: "Miller played so badly he deserved that as a wake up call"
Kucherov invisible - should be benched.
TB poster: "Our guys need to play physical and hit the Caps they way their hitting our guys". Other TB fan's reply: "Um, no we tried that and we just bounce off their players. We can't play a physical game like them". (Gold! You can't make this stuff up!)

Overall consensus seemed to be that the Caps are the better team and they have dominated most of the series. (Yeah, I know, right?? That's NOT what Bolts fans were saying before the series started).

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
It worked!

To be honest, the last part is not correct. I fell asleep and woke up at 2:35 AM (game starts @ 2 AM) but I decided to sleep and watch the game in the morning

----

WHAT A ****ING HUUUUUGE WIN
so proud of the boys.

Man, Orpik, Wilson and Ovi had like 334509835 hits combined. That was awesome.
Hotlby was good
The 4th line wonderful
Oshie, wonderful.

Kuzya 8% on the faceoffs but the team overall was 54%, Beagle is a beast

Go back to road warriors just one more time this series.:crossfing:bow:

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I should probably just say this now before whatever happens on Wednesday, happens: I love this team. I hope they figure out a way to put forth the effort necessary to get them where I believe they belong.

Yes, it's been a great season. I've seen them get up and answer the bell all season. Nothing has come easy for them unlike previous Caps iterations. They may be the ones to get it done but even if it goes sideways Wednesday I hope everyone can still recognize through the frustration what a team this has been.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Maybe best game of the post season overall. Much needed. I expect a good game 7, you can tell guys like Ovie really want it. This series is a coin flip, but at least I know we made it past the 2nd, and we didn't fold in a couple big games. We also took out CBJ/Pitt once we got them to elimination. That's been another problem we have had in previous years.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Maybe... but the team that's dominating shouldn't have 1 PP in 2 games of play. We dominated both these games and got 1 PP out of it. That means that the refs are evening things up because one team isn't on the same level as another team. And no one pays good money to watch the refs call a game. We've outshot them every game and pretty much controlled all 6 games and yet somehow Tampa has more PP's than we do? Absurd.

Atleast it's relatively close. Remember the Rangers series where the Capitals dominated play and ended up having half the power players of the Rangers?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That was truly a thing of beauty. Has Wilson finally realized that he can inflict pain and influence the game without bordering on suspension? Shades of OV past, loved it. Never felt he was quite the same in the hitting department since his hit on Campbell years ago, but wow was that marvelous last night. And Beagle taking one so that DSP could clobber a Bolt.

I won't be devastated if they lose a close one on Wednesday. Sad yes, devastated no.

One thing about last night's game; I thought Tampa's cycle was very dangerous. Guys like Point were pivoting and getting loose pretty easily. They were shielding pucks well. I'd like them to tighten that up a bit, press the puck carriers against the boards better.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
Ovi was a monster last night. You can tell he wants it so bad, and the team followed suit on his intensity hitting everything and skating hard in game 6. Lead by example, as a captain should. If he brings that same mentality to game 7 which I'm very certain he will, and holtby is simply his solid self, we'll be going to our first final in 20 years

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Maybe be desperate in game 3-5 kthx

Yeah this. That whole "desperation" thing just wreaks like garbage to me. The Caps had a chance to stomp on the necks and came out flat at home twice. So what this all says is that winning a Cup is less a motivation than losing a Cup. If they play harder only when they have to, what does that really say about their desire to win, vs their desire to not lose?

I dunno. You're right, they could have used this effort in games 3 or 4. Or 5. Why save it til now?

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->