OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread Vol 8: The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Armando Salguero: Former NFL exec unloads on Tua: Uncovers previously unreported injury, failed physical

That’s got to get around that at least one team failed the physical on Tua others have to be concerned now as well.,” Lombardi said on his GM Shuffle podcast. “What they saw … is they saw the fact it’s not just his hip. It’s his ankle. It’s his wrist.

“He broke his wrist the first day of spring ball one year. And then they fixed it, he came back, and he broke it again.”

A wrist broken twice would be new information on the Tagovailoa injury history.

“And he’s brittle,” Lombardi continued. “You can’t deny it. You can’t deny it.”

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So what say you about this Rids? You’ve been the biggest proponent of a move down strategy.....

If you're going to make a trade and you're going to go back, that guy you're going to take at that spot has to be able to make the kind of impact you need to validate missing an opportunity to take a player that's a high-impact guy. In other words, if you're going to pass up Player A and you go back and you're going to take Player D, Player D has to be equal to Player A because if Player A is going to play for you for 10 years and Player D may not, then did you really get value or did you just get a whole bunch of picks? You've got to be able to sit there and say that the next guy that I'm going to take is going to be that high-impact guy, and that's what I'm looking for. That's what I believe we need is we need a guy that's going to come in and really change our football team. To me, there's a few guys on that board that are those kind of players."

i think it’s hyperbole.

But I also think it isn’t addressing the point, and maybe shows an inability to trust the people making the picks.

Using this Draft as an example, you have the option to (assuming this could happen.....which obviously isn’t an assumption we can make)

best DL
Or
Best LB & best TE/top OL/top WR/top S & starter at WR/OL/TE/QB/DB/RB/LB
Or
Best CB & (same as above)

people ignore how good Simmons and Okudah are. They fit Ron’s description above, IMO— regardless of his hyperbole. That’s always been the play. Top 5

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
EVLjbZGUMAAS28A.jpg.eff2ed1438745db16e76a3e38acf5306.jpg

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
That Tua injury history is beyond alarming. Some team is gonna regret taking him high in the draft.

or worse, trading up to get him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Holtbyisms

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
It's overstated, and Tua is sick.

I have no dog in the Tua fight, I’m just looking at it from a high level.

the guy has had a “major” injury every year he was at college. By major meaning he had to leave a game and it required surgery. Injuries that included wrist, both ankles, hammy, knee, and hip. Who cares about the finger.

some argue on here that all happened in college, obviously, with college players. Pro players are bigger, stronger, faster and schemed better than college ones. It ain’t gonna get easier or safer for him.

my only concern has to do with the skidz, and if they up and decide to draft him. Then I’ll get worried.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
NFL total access saying the Lions are taking calls about trading out of 3. This is what I suspected all along, that Detroit would be the fulcrum of this story....

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
NFL total access saying the Lions are taking calls about trading out of 3. This is what I suspected all along, that Detroit would be the fulcrum of this story....
I'd dare Miami to trade to #3 and we take Tua #2. Make them take Chase Young and send Chase Young and a 2nd for Tua. Still get the guy we wanted and a 2nd to take a OT.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd dare Miami to trade to #3 and we take Tua #2. Make them take Chase Young and send Chase Young and a 2nd for Tua. Still get the guy we wanted and a 2nd to take a OT.

I’d think it would get announced after we pick.....

Tons of smokescreens....lol.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I can't see that happening at all, CCR points it out, they may make an agreement to do it with Detroit but contingent upon Tua being there for them after we pick. If they really want Tua, they need to trade with us, or wait to see the draft unfold and risk losing him.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I have no dog in the Tua fight, I’m just looking at it from a high level.

the guy has had a “major” injury every year he was at college. By major meaning he had to leave a game and it required surgery. Injuries that included wrist, both ankles, hammy, knee, and hip. Who cares about the finger.

some argue on here that all happened in college, obviously, with college players. Pro players are bigger, stronger, faster and schemed better than college ones. It ain’t gonna get easier or safer for him.

my only concern has to do with the skidz, and if they up and decide to draft him. Then I’ll get worried.

The best QBs have all overcome major injuries. Tua is lauded for his toughness. Joe Gibbs used to emphasize the importance of this in a QB. It could even be a selling point.

I don't buy the "brittle" designator. What does that even mean? Do people wonder about his bone density? It's not a real thing. His awareness? Because that is fantastic.

Worst case, you ask him not to run---something else he excels at.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nobody can predict injuries. I don't care what some study/analysis says, it's not scientific. Crap data for sure.

"Injury prone" seems like a terrible reason to pass on an athlete in their early 20s unless they have some kind of disorder.

That said, I'm not sure about Tua. Didn't watch much CF and vid I saw he looked good but how hard is it to hit wide open receivers and slant routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad