OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 4: Regular Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Unfortunately I have. I feel like we’re staring at two dog turds and debating which one stinks more.

Not like it matters. They'll ruin Haskins who needs a good amount of development time (He has what, 14 total football games since high school?), then they'll ruin whoever they draft next, then whoever comes after that, and so onwards forever until Snyder mercifully croaks. In between draft ruination they'll have a sea of garbage journeyman and washed up dregs. It doesn't REALLY matter if Allen is fired, because Snyder will just hire another incompetent Yes-Man; anything else will get fired in a year.

Still, I want Allen fired and preferably out of football forever for his incredible badness. He's supposed to be good at the off-field stuff but with ticket sales plummeting, fanbase discontent at an all-time and ever increasing high, and nobody even willing to talk to him over the new stadium (probably in no small part to Richmond being screwed over on the practice field)...boy, he sure does seem to suck badly at all that. His on-field expertise was mocked by Lombardi who said he was strictly a contracts guy who didn't touch personnel assessment, and the results here speak for themselves.

There is no reason for any NFL team to ever employ him.

Reactions: Corby78

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
How does Danny sleep at night knowing how much the team is in shambles compared to when he purchased it? I mean really, does all his money make it better for him?

20 years of suck with only a couple of farts of decent sprinkled in.

Reactions: Hivemind

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
How does Danny sleep at night knowing how much the team is in shambles compared to when he purchased it? I mean really, does all his money make it better for him?

He surrounds himself with ex-Redskins sycophants that he worshipped as a child, and celebrities to supply his ego. Then bullies whatever management, and coaching is left into making horrendous short-term decisions to draft, sign, and start injured players.

DS is cancer.

There's little hope for any kind of major or continued success until he's out of the picture.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

Because he lives in a delusional world where this is just bad luck. I honestly believe he thinks that Bruce and Dan are doing well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He surrounds himself with ex-Redskins sycophants that he worshipped as a child, and celebrities to supply his ego. Then bullies whatever management, and coaching is left into making horrendous short-term decisions to draft, sign, and start injured players.

DS is cancer.

There's little hope for any kind of major or continued success until he's out of the picture.

What if we fill him with harsh chemicals and shoot him with radiation?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

DS is cancer.

Snyder is a cancer? Honestly — that’s far to benign a description. You can beat cancer. You can extract it. You can radiate it. Allen is a cancer.

Snyder? For this franchise? He’s the asteroid that hit earth a 100 million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs. He’s Armageddon. He’s the end of all things we once knew as Redskins fans.

There is no surviving this. Some of you will outlast it. When he’s gone. I won’t. I’m too old.

I wish my newborn son will

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Snyder is a cancer? Honestly — that’s far to benign a description. You can beat cancer. You can extract it. You can radiate it. Allen is a cancer.

Snyder? For this franchise? He’s the asteroid that hit earth a 100 million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs. He’s Armageddon. He’s the end of all things we once knew as Redskins fans.

There is no surviving this. Some of you will outlast it. When he’s gone. I won’t. I’m too old.

I wish my newborn son will

Go Caps/Nats.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Go Caps/Nats.

I’m an Orioles fan too. Nats didn’t exist when I moved to CA in 93. I have no connection to them.

Capitals? As I’ve said in numerous places — they are my only hope. And my only true passion anymore in sports (aside from UMD Terps basketball — that still gets my blood going a bit — and ironically the last Champion I had as a fan before Capsalooza 2018)

Reactions: Calicaps

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I won't be doing a thing to guide my daughter's pro football fandom. I've declared that my Eagles fan family and the wife and her Ravens fan family can battle it out over her football soul. It's cruel to trick a child into rooting for this team. If Snyder were in his 80s that would be one thing, but he's not. She shouldn't have to wait 3 decades for the team to maybe have a chance again.

She does like football at almost 3 years old. She likes monsters. She thinks football players are monsters. Watching monsters play "Throw-a-ball" as she's dubbed it and watching monsters fall down are pleasing activities for her.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I won't be doing a thing to guide my daughter's pro football fandom. I've declared that my Eagles fan family and the wife and her Ravens fan family can battle it out over her football soul. It's cruel to trick a child into rooting for this team. If Snyder were in his 80s that would be one thing, but he's not. She shouldn't have to wait 3 decades for the team to maybe have a chance again.

She does like football at almost 3 years old. She likes monsters. She thinks football players are monsters. Watching monsters play "Throw-a-ball" as she's dubbed it and watching monsters fall down are pleasing activities for her.

Kids root for what their families root for. I’ve got 3 kids aged 6 and under. I won’t steer them (except to the Caps which you won’t care about as a Flyer fan), but I won’t hide my allegiance either. One of the 3 will follow. If not all of them

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Kids root for what their families root for. I’ve got 3 kids aged 6 and under. I won’t steer them (except to the Caps which you won’t care about as a Flyer fan), but I won’t hide my allegiance either. One of the 3 will follow. If not all of them

Right now every monster on the field is a winner in her book :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Meh. He has some good points but this ultimately sounds like piling on. Haskins was the back up QB and was brought in for an ineffective starter. He wasn't brought in by Gruden to prove a point and he wasn't brought in to sabotage his career. If McCoy was healthy since week 1 Haskins wouldn't be active for any game this season including the Giants game.

Not defending Gruden just tired of the piling on of my favorite team. There are plenty of things to criticize the entire Redskins organization for but this is picking nits, IMO.

Also, in regards to Riddick and him being the next GM of the Redskins, as a wise man once said "If you knew the game you'd be in the game" or something to that effect.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I sincerely hope Gruden didn't thrown Haskins out there "to prove a point". If that's the case he proved a different point: he should be fired immediately.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Keenum missed on those two throws that would have been TDs with an average QB. He didn't just miss by a little, he missed by wide margins. It's like he was clueless, guessing. The benching was warranted IMO.

The problem is we are hearing Haskins wasn't getting any reps in practice. How on Earth do you come into a game unexpectedly and with no reps for weeks and play well? It just seems like an odd way of doing things. I get that when people do weird things it invites speculation, but to speculate that Jay was trying to screw Haskins over seems a little nutty to me.

Seems to me this is a team without an NFL caliber O-line or WR group, and there is no hope of success so screw it you might as well throw your rookie out there and let him make his mistakes now - like Peyton Manning did in his rookie season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Haskins should not have played with zero prep with the 1st team. Buffoonery. Won’t be surprised to hear at some point that it was strongly suggested to Jay from above, if not ordered.

unless of course he’s trying to get fired and trotted him out knowing fully that he wasn’t prepared, or maybe just to shut up the chirping from above....

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad