OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 4: Regular Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
so predictable....not close to ready....

Yeah. Dude needs more time, but Keenum really left Gruden no choice.

I missed the 4th but I saw a few throws where Haskins weakarmed it. I presume that was a lack of confidence, he wasn't really getting set for throws, might have been jumpy.

From what I saw the defense wasn't exactly good, it's just that Jones sucked. I don't think either QB is ready.

Sep 19, 2008
b63a6e2d4a.jpg
Redskins!!!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
So they've already rattled the confidence of their shiny new QB toy. Would be totes Redskins to put him in against the Pats, in some desperate bid to stay relevant in some pathetic way. Franchise is a joke. No sign that they can beat Miami in week 6, and that's a team actively trying to lose

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Haskins should not have played. That wasn't the answer. Shit organization and shit coaching sending mixed messages about improvement. You won't fire any coaches, but you'll bench your veteran starter for a rookie who's been mostly running scout? In a game you're not going to win? Dumb. Reckless.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I kind of want to keep dumb Gruden and his dumb staff for the rest of the season to tank. Grab Trevor Lawrence if he comes out. If he doesnt, tank again and grab him the next year.

Hopefully Bruce Allen is done by the end of this year or next.

Sep 19, 2008

We all knew Gruden teams get off to rough starts and this was a tough schedule to open up the season but how many people expected 0-4

I thought they might go 1-3 or maybe 2-2 at best but 0-4

First time they went o-4 since the Marty year

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It is fairly stunning how far they've fallen in less than one calendar year. On 11/18/18 the Redskins were 6-3 at home and likely would have beaten the Texans to go 7-3 had Smith not gotten hurt. They looked like they finally had a playbook for being respectable and competitive.

Since that day they've gone 1-10 and have played 6 QBs -- Smith, McCoy, Johnson, Sanchez, Keenum and Haskins. Their best player won't report, they are rudderless and without direction or leadership, and they find new ways to embarrass themselves on a weekly basis. Sucks.

Reactions: Bananas

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
They can't draft another QB in this draft -- there is no way to know if Haskins can play or not yet. The OL is trash b/t Williams holdout and injuries to Scherff and Roullier. There's one receiver who like like he can play, and he's only 3 games into his career. The RB is almost 71 years old, and he's playing because the guy they think should be the RB can't take a dozen snaps without getting injured. We've got "one of the best TEs in the league" according to the color guy, and he's only slightly less brittle than our young RB -- and his replacement is older than Old Man Peterson.

The fact that Vernon Davis was the most talented offensive player on the field today for the Redskins shows that, even if we had 50% of a sense that Haskins can't play, there's NO WAY this team can afford to draft 2 QBs -- a position that, by definition, only one can play at a time -- when there aren't holes so much as gaping chasms everywhere you look.

And that's before you consider the defense.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
They can't draft another QB in this draft -- there is no way to know if Haskins can play or not yet. The OL is trash b/t Williams holdout and injuries to Scherff and Roullier. There's one receiver who like like he can play, and he's only 3 games into his career. The RB is almost 71 years old, and he's playing because the guy they think should be the RB can't take a dozen snaps without getting injured. We've got "one of the best TEs in the league" according to the color guy, and he's only slightly less brittle than our young RB -- and his replacement is older than Old Man Peterson.

The fact that Vernon Davis was the most talented offensive player on the field today for the Redskins shows that, even if we had 50% of a sense that Haskins can't play, there's NO WAY this team can afford to draft 2 QBs -- a position that, by definition, only one can play at a time -- when there aren't holes so much as gaping chasms everywhere you look.

And that's before you consider the defense.

You usually dont draft 2 QBs in the first round back to back years, or close to back to back years.

But the opportunity and a really good chance to draft Trevor Lawrence after this year or next is too great as many consider him a "generational" QB. He totally dismantled that vaunted Alabama defense.

Of course our current coaching staff should be gone before ever touching him.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad