OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 3: Training Camp Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Take the Redskins googles off. Thompson isn't good. Why couldn't Guice/AP not handle third downs? We are pigeon holing ourselves as if having Thompson for an occasionally third down option is a better plan to win. AP is a much better option to help us win a game. He can rest Guice from time to time and still keep our RB talent up. CT isn't good, he doesn't help. He is inferior. Its a step down when he comes into the game.

Thompson isn’t good? I don’t agree, at all.

Ok, he might not be good anymore because of the injury, but that’s remains to be seen. When last healthy, he was very good. And he was a weapon.

If he’s that again...he’s a huge piece to this offense. Huge

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
One point about how much of a role or workload should FANS expect that AP gets - he is paid as a backup. 1.5x2 IIRC. He is being paid like a #4 RB / inactive candidate - a very team friendly deal to say the least after his heavy workload last year.

That almost tells me he signed off on a diminished role back in March. I was concerned he wouldn't like being 2nd fiddle after what happened in new orleans but he said all the right things when asked the other day. So I look to be happily wrong. I want to see him active and on the field with Guice for a few snaps.... philly won't have a clue what is to come. Make DCs game plan for that shit all year.

O/U on # of games before the next meltdown from Antonio.....5.5. I'll go under and predict by week 4 there will be a full blown drama drama once again

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Antonio Brown is a true hero: he knows the on-the-field NFL product is miserable so he’s doing everything in his power to at least make it entertaining off the field.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was half joking about trading AP and TW to Oaktown for AB and picks. Now I'm only 1/4 joking.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean what did the Raiders think would happen when they took away all Browns money. Both sides look pretty bad

Yep, Raiders looked like they were trying, but that move forces his hand. That was dumb unless you’re trying to divest yourself from the player unless the player takes all the risk.

Mayock and Gruden....any bets how long they last?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Yep, Raiders looked like they were trying, but that move forces his hand. That was dumb unless you’re trying to divest yourself from the player unless the player takes all the risk.

Mayock and Gruden....any bets how long they last?

I think Gruden has like a ten year contract and an ownership stake so he’s not going anywhere nor should he.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think Gruden has like a ten year contract and an ownership stake so he’s not going anywhere nor should he.

Yeah I should have just said Mayock....

although I don’t see anything about ownership in the articles I quickly looked up on his (Gruden) deal. 10 years 100 mil was reported but not confirmed. In fact Gruden was quoted as saying “I’m not making $100 million”. I bet he retires before that deal ends.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There are a few teams that would fit but for some reason I have this feeling he'll end up in Cleveland on the other side of the field with OBJ. Chance for revenge against the Steelers, they have cap space, and they're a young team with a gunslinger QB and first year HC who probably won't have the veteran ego to match ABs. Question there is can he share the field.

Or he may just go to Miami since that's where he's from. Cleveland seems like a better football option.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This AB stuff is amazing. I wouldn’t touch that guy, he would be a mess here just like Oakland. NE could probably get the most out of him

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
There are a few teams that would fit but for some reason I have this feeling he'll end up in Cleveland on the other side of the field with OBJ. Chance for revenge against the Steelers, they have cap space, and they're a young team with a gunslinger QB and first year HC who probably won't have the veteran ego to match ABs. Question there is can he share the field.

Or he may just go to Miami since that's where he's from. Cleveland seems like a better football option.

Baltimore could make sense

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if some days Drew Rosenhouse looks in the mirror and asks himself “why always my guys?”....lol....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Baltimore could make sense

They'd have to shed a lot of salary and I'm not sure their offense suits AB. TBH I'm not even sure what the offense is supposed to be other than a whole lot of running with some play action passing to keep the LBs and DBs honest.

Browns supposedly have almost 33M in cap space--third in the league. That offense is already expected to be high octane, can you imagine with AB? There's only one ball, sure, but who do you cover/double?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad