OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Settlements routinely don't work like that. Lots of people who are ****ed offer to settle and it is accepted.

And without knowing the settlement amount he very well may have gotten close to what he would have received had he won in trial, especially since the NFL was probably more interested in keeping the results of discovery secret than they were in losing a few tens of millions of dollars.

The number being floated around right now is $60 to $80 million, but that is just speculation. It could be more.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sounds to me AS A NON-LAWYER WHO IS NOT INVOLVED IN TEH CASE PERSONALLY that maybe CK was wise to keep his value up and his options open with a settlement pending.

Foles signed an extension with PHI after he won the SB that would pay him 20 mil for '19, if he didn't opt out, and Bridgewater is rumored to be worth 10 mil a year once FA opens in March. Kaepernick is 31 years old and hasn't played organized football in over two years. His value isn't that high strictly from a football perspective.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Foles signed an extension with PHI after he won the SB that would pay him 20 mil for '19, if he didn't opt out, and Bridgewater is rumored to be worth 10 mil a year once FA opens in March. Kaepernick is 31 years old and hasn't played organized football in over two years. His value isn't that high strictly from a football perspective.
Except presumably the terms of the suit are not what he's worth now, but what he would have made had he been playing all this time. So presenting ongoing value provides a lens for that assessment.* Just speculating of course.

*I am not a lawyer.

Reactions: g00n

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Except presumably the terms of the suit are not what he's worth now, but what he would have made had he been playing all this time. So presenting ongoing value provides a lens for that assessment.* Just speculating of course.

*I am not a lawyer.

It was recently reported Kaepernick wanted 20 mil, or more, to play for the AAF this season so that would imply he feels his current value is high.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

"If it happened it could only have happened this way, and we would've known."

Makes no logical sense. If there's only one avenue to act secretly and it's easy to uncover such a thing then nobody would do it, and nothing would ever be kept secret.

Even if there were emails how hard would it be to prevent evidence destruction or subpoena an entire league's worth?

It was recently reported Kaepernick wanted 20 mil, or more, to play for the AAF this season so that would imply he feels his current value is high.

Or he has to keep the perception of his current value high so his past value remains maximized.

Reactions: Hivemind

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I keep watching tape on Haskins. Man, that kid looks like a really, really solid prospect. With the right coaching, development, and patience, he has franchise QB written all over him. Too bad he will go high, unless he bombs it at the combine, workouts, or interviews.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
... That slow guy could be 2nd :naughty:

tenor.gif

He's like Kerrigan, deceptively fast.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I keep watching tape on Haskins. Man, that kid looks like a really, really solid prospect. With the right coaching, development, and patience, he has franchise QB written all over him. Too bad he will go high, unless he bombs it at the combine, workouts, or interviews.

We could do what we did last year with Guice, and leak a story that he told a philly coach to go f*** himself and to go stuff a lollipop up their ass.... #WinningOffTheField

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
RH, I heard he told John Mara to go **** himself - rightfully so. Has Redskins written all over him. Media needs to pickup our inside scoop, NOW!!

I have wondered if that story was a smokescreen ;) of sorts, and that other GMs were weary since he messed up his knee and never had it repaired. And sure enough in just a handful of carries somehow? hyper extended his knee far downfield after a long run.

I remember Warren Sapp dropped like a sack of POTatoes.

While we should roll Colt and tank proper, I cannot shake the feeling that Dan is desperate with his stadium shrinking and at the same time being overrun with out of towners. 3 firsts should be enough to land Murray.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't think Kraft is going to jeopardize his friendship with the President of the United States by signing Kaepernick. Seems like that might be a bigger factor than sticking it to the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad