OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Smoke is getting real thick.

Talk is a 2nd this year and a future pick.

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
These grotesque abominations will surely turn things around for the Jest

New York Jets unveil new uniforms and Twitter reacts

Man, I was getting pretty excited about seeing the ugliest unis of all time. They’re pretty bland but could be A LOT uglier. They do seem kinda like the ones you’d see on a low budget commercial or movie. They land squarely in the meh/generic/vanilla region of the ugly spectrum, however, whereas you had me hyped for the abomination/hideous range.

Gotta admit I’m a little disappointed.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Smoke is getting real thick.

Talk is a 2nd this year and a future pick.

That would be fine. So then WR prob in rd 1. Or edge rusher or OL or DB. All good.

Plus 2 3rd rounders.

I’d actually be happy with a few trade backs from 15 to add chattel if Rosen at 47 happens. Someone could easily slide to 15 (Lock?) that someone covets. Or a DL

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
That would be fine. So then WR prob in rd 1. Or edge rusher or OL or DB. All good.

Plus 2 3rd rounders.

I’d actually be happy with a few trade backs from 15 to add chattel if Rosen at 47 happens. Someone could easily slide to 15 (Lock?) that someone covets. Or a DL

It’s not the stupidest strategy ever. The Redskins talent acquisition process is no longer hyper-dumb like it used to be. They still need to hit their picks and FAs but at least it has some semblance of order.

Their organizational hierarchy is a hot mess, on the other hand. The Snyder/Allen/Gruden troika is Three Stooges esque when it comes to informational flow and PR. It’s like watching an RB fumble every handoff.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Man, I was getting pretty excited about seeing the ugliest unis of all time. They’re pretty bland but could be A LOT uglier. They do seem kinda like the ones you’d see on a low budget commercial or movie. They land squarely in the meh/generic/vanilla region of the ugly spectrum, however, whereas you had me hyped for the abomination/hideous range.

Eh. They're not gaudy and overdone like an Elton John tour wardrobe which is probably what you think of as ugly.

If these were designs you submitted for some generic rando DIY team in a Madden game the lead designer would tell you to try harder. They don't look NFL. They don't even look NCAA or (insert failed Pro League here). They're just...flat. Uninspiring.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I always hate the idea of drafting a WR, because of 2 words. Desmond Howard.

He couldn't get off the line. Even if he could, OC and QBs are OBSESSED with 100% pin point precision in route running, which makes becoming their go to target, VERY difficult. To the point OCs and QBs fail with alarming regularity. Somehow, kids on the playground through college can complete passes without precision. What happened to, go out! Vets have learned the precision needed. Kenny Britt FTW.

We are so taking a QB in the draft if we don't get Rosen. Where there is smoke there is fire. We are actually taking long looks at QBs. Where we will screw up, is we will reach on the wrong one, like taking Stidhman at 15, or even after a trade up that isn't needed. A la Jason Campbell. We traded up to draft a big kid with a long slow delivery, and tried to make him a WCO short precision passer. Change his playbook and OC every year, and each new playbook fatter than the previous.... we weren't even winning off the field.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Me too, just after reading the posts above. Thought they would be more towards the horrible end of the scale, but more like just mediocre......meh...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
1st round WR always seem to be studs or duds....rarely middle ground. I too sooooooo easily get enamored by a WR on the first, but I don’t trust these guys to get it right. Would have to be an almost no-brainer consensus pick IMO for them to get it right.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is Jamsion Crowder their best draft pick at WR in the last 30 years? Pretty sad but I'm struggling to think of anyone better. Maybe Michael Westbrook was better but he was a total loon.

Actually I think the best WR they drafted never even played a down for the Redskins. They drafted Keenan McCardell in the 12th round of the 1991 NFL Draft and he got a Super Bowl ring but was on IR for the season. He was cut after that season and never played a down in a Redskins uniform.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is Jamsion Crowder their best draft pick at WR in the last 30 years? Pretty sad but I'm struggling to think of anyone better. Maybe Michael Westbrook was better but he was a total loon.

Actually I think the best WR they drafted never even played a down for the Redskins. They drafted Keenan McCardell in the 12th round of the 1991 NFL Draft and he got a Super Bowl ring but was on IR for the season. He was cut after that season and never played a down in a Redskins uniform.

I totally forgot they drafted him! He had a great career, you’re right.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Albert Connell had a single 1000 yard season for the Skins, he was a 6th rndr IINM. Michael Westbrook also had 1000 yards that same season, but as 4th overall he's an epic bust. Rod Gardner had 71 rec for 1006 yards and 8 TDs his sophomore season with the Skins, but then he became 50/50 and never got close to that again.

Not great, but probably all still more productive than Crowder.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Me too, just after reading the posts above. Thought they would be more towards the horrible end of the scale, but more like just mediocre......meh...

The 90's half stripe on the pants is what revolts me about those uniforms. I hate that **** with a passion. And they are right in line with what was done to the Lions and Browns uniforms. Whoever is in charge of Nike's uniform division is an ***hole.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad