OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Why no love for Ryan Grant. Blocked and played teams!

Yikes remember when Westbrook knocked out Stephen Davis in practice.... MMA was his calling.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The 90's half stripe on the pants is what revolts me about those uniforms. I hate that **** with a passion. And they are right in line with what was done to the Lions and Browns uniforms. Whoever is in charge of Nike's uniform division is an ***hole.
Everything old is a new again...

Except me. So f***ing unfair.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Who was the dud WR that the ole ball coach had drafted who could never keep himself off IR?

Don’t think he was a 1st rounder, maybe 2nd.

One never knows as I think Vinny was making the picks back then.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Westbroke was a giant bag of suck from jumpstreet, even with that one good season. He also had IRitis.

I believe Gardner got the 50/50 his rookie year. Bruce Smith gave him that.

He was a beanpole too, shocked at how thin he was. Ran into him hurling the sphere at Annandale bowling alley.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The 90's half stripe on the pants is what revolts me about those uniforms. I hate that **** with a passion. And they are right in line with what was done to the Lions and Browns uniforms. Whoever is in charge of Nike's uniform division is an ***hole.

LOL. Don’t hold back brother, tell us how you really feel.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I so wanted the skins to draft Desmond Howard...sight. I still remember draft criticisms about his speed/getting off the line even in the run up to the draft.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Would you guys draft Lock at 15 or trade 15 for Rosen?

Interesting debate.

Lock has a cannon arm and is a very underrated athlete.

Also Lock >>>> Jones, IMO.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Read somewhere Gruden quoted saying whoever is taken at 15 has to be an impact player starting week 1. Team is in win now mode.

Having said that, Gruden doesn’t have final say on who is drafted.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just finished with the Sheehan podcast with Cooley. A lot about Rosen (Isn’t worth the 15th pick but could be a franchise QB) but they did talk about that Old Miss WR Metcalf. Cooley said he is a one trick pony (go deep) and horrible route runner. Not worth a 1st round pick.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Just finished with the Sheehan podcast with Cooley. A lot about Rosen (Isn’t worth the 15th pick but could be a franchise QB) but they did talk about that Old Miss WR Metcalf. Cooley said he is a one trick pony (go deep) and horrible route runner. Not worth a 1st round pick.

I'm sure there's more to it than you had time to type but in general if a guy legitimately could be a franchise QB I don't understand why he wouldn't be worth a 15.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Would you guys draft Lock at 15 or trade 15 for Rosen?

Interesting debate.

Lock has a cannon arm and is a very underrated athlete.

Also Lock >>>> Jones, IMO.

I would go lock. I don’t trust that the redskins can handle Rosen better than the cardinals. And if was simply getting better players around Rosen than Arizona wouldn’t trade him

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

It was a good podcast, but they usually are with Cooley

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm sure there's more to it than you had time to type but in general if a guy legitimately could be a franchise QB I don't understand why he wouldn't be worth a 15.

Yes there was more to it. Cooley said he has all the tools to be a franchise QB but Rosen's mental makeup could be his undoing. Played a lot of different systems in College, his system in ARZ was a joke and there were plenty of examples of Rosen just making dumb decisions that defy explanation. Cooley said Gruden could fix him but not a guarantee. Also said Rosen is a worse fumbler than Cousins. All that added to loss of one year from his rookie deal makes #15 to much to trade for Rosen. Late 1st this year (after trading back) or 2nd this year and some change (3rd this year or multiple late picks this year and following year).

Sep 19, 2008
Based on various Redskins Talk and John Keim podcasts that I've spent all day listening to I can tell you right now that Rosen is a great fit for the Redskins according to former GM Scot (who was on the John Keim podcast) because Rosen plays west coast offense which is the style Gruden likes. Rosen also had no offensive line in Arizona and had OC inconsistency, McCoy was fired midway through the season and Leftwitch took over.

Rosen can still be saved. If the highest the Cards want is a 2nd for him the Redskins must make that deal.

- his contract is friendly to the team

- he has potential and was put in a bad situation in Arizona

- he fits Gruden's offense

this must happen

Sep 19, 2008
Rosen is also experienced with a year under his belt while Lock is a rookie.

I would gladly give up a 2nd for Rosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad