OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think Kraft is going to jeopardize his friendship with the President of the United States by signing Kaepernick. Seems like that might be a bigger factor than sticking it to the NFL.

I don't think he cares about that, so much as he cares about winning. If his friend is that petty then his friend is a garbage friend anyhow.

At this point CK isn't going to help them do the winning. As a backup his distraction is far greater than his utility.

Same for here. Dude would probably be our starter next year based on his prior skill and what we have available. But this isn't a team that could remotely begin contemplating thinking about how they'd manage the media firestorm surrounding him. So, pass.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Somehow lost in all this is the fact that Kaep averages one TD pass per game over the course of his career - including the season-and-a-half where he was, you know, actually good at football. He’s a better QB than a lot of back ups and perhaps the bottom few starters in the league, but that’s it. He should definitely be on a roster but that definitely doesn’t mean he’s any good. Basically an NFL QB JAG...

Hard pass for Redskins unless they had also grabbed Hunt and kinda said “f*** it this is happening”. I would have enjoyed that circus. The Skins don’t have the organizational know-how to manage the PR onslaught and ultimately he’d probably be good for about the same amount of winning as McCoy - which is, hopefully, very little. Not to mention The Racist Monikers and his stance are at loggerheads and Micro-P is probably a closet MAGA fan even though he grew up in a liberal bastion - so it could possibly interfere with his back door slurping of Citizen 1.

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Kaepernick probably isn’t the QB for a team with a lot of holes that need to be covered up. But for a team with a solid defense he’d be a great fit. The Bears in particular seem like a good option especially if Trubisky stinks it up again next year. That defense is great and could use a guy who can make a few plays and doesn’t turn it over.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't think Kraft is going to jeopardize his friendship with the President of the United States by signing Kaepernick. Seems like that might be a bigger factor than sticking it to the NFL.

I wouldn’t put it past him. Would be another middle finger to the league after that deflategate BS.

I was going to agree with twabby but then I found this, which surprised me:

Robert Kraft had harsh words about Donald Trump in NFL protests meeting | Boston.com

So despite their friendship and alliance otherwise, Kraft seems to at least split somewhat with DT on the protest issue. I withdraw my statement and suspend my disbelief...it could happen.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I was going to agree with twabby but then I found this, which surprised me:

Robert Kraft had harsh words about Donald Trump in NFL protests meeting | Boston.com

So despite their friendship and alliance otherwise, Kraft seems to at least split somewhat with DT on the protest issue. I withdraw my statement and suspend my disbelief...it could happen.

***Dangerously Close to Politics Alert***

Shouldn’t be hard to find an article from literally anyone....when it comes to “harsh words about” that particular person. Will just stop there.

***End Politics Alert***

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Somehow lost in all this is the fact that Kaep averages one TD pass per game over the course of his career - including the season-and-a-half where he was, you know, actually good at football. He’s a better QB than a lot of back ups and perhaps the bottom few starters in the league, but that’s it. He should definitely be on a roster but that definitely doesn’t mean he’s any good. Basically an NFL QB JAG...

Hard pass for Redskins unless they had also grabbed Hunt and kinda said “**** it this is happening”. I would have enjoyed that circus. The Skins don’t have the organizational know-how to manage the PR onslaught and ultimately he’d probably be good for about the same amount of winning as McCoy - which is, hopefully, very little. Not to mention The Racist Monikers and his stance are at loggerheads and Micro-P is probably a closet MAGA fan even though he grew up in a liberal bastion - so it could possibly interfere with his back door slurping of Citizen 1.

Perhaps the solution is to get so many controversial players that the controversies all drown each other out. Maybe the Skins need to employ "Mr Burns Immune System" logic.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
CK isn't going to football anymore, he got his money.

He's way better at activism than football.

I like the idea of "burn it all down" in signing CK and Hunt though, this fanbase can never have enough drama.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Unless he really had the goods.

everything reported said they didn't....but who cares honestly? He made his money the good old American way, through litigation...lol. He should show his true colors and donate it all then enjoy the rest of his life as a lucrative public speaker.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Perhaps the solution is to get so many controversial players that the controversies all drown each other out. Maybe the Skins need to employ "Mr Burns Immune System" logic.

LOL, I had to google that one.

"You have... everything!"

"You mean I have pneumonia, yes"
"Juvenile diabetes, yes"
"Hysterical pregnancy... uh, a little bit, yes"

"You also have several diseases that have just been discovered, in you."

That IS the Redskins in a nutshell.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
LOL, I had to google that one.

"You have... everything!"

"You mean I have pneumonia, yes"
"Juvenile diabetes, yes"
"Hysterical pregnancy... uh, a little bit, yes"

"You also have several diseases that have just been discovered, in you."

That IS the Redskins in a nutshell.

lol it really is.

That is easily one of my favorite Simpsons bits.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If I was a Vikings fan I'd be more insulted he will count 29 mil against the cap this year, and 31 mil next year, than by his random tweet that Miami has nice weather in February.

They're mad at both, if you read the responses.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They're mad at both, if you read the responses.

I started to read them then I got into the responses from other teams and I stopped. Anyway, people outraged over Cousins stating the obvious is typical of social media these days.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I started to read them then I got into the responses from other teams and I stopped. Anyway, people outraged over Cousins stating the obvious is typical of social media these days.

So outside of twitter, do you think fans there are happy they have him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad