OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I love how popular the deny auto-reply is becoming common place. I laugh at how Kraft's camp came out and immediately proclaimed his innocence. Desperation, instead of responsibility.

deny everything, attack, attack, attack—admit nothing, launch counterattack.

Crush that playbook TMZ. Go get the disturbing video tape, and scar us all forever.

I am still reeling from that Brady kiss.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I love how popular the deny auto-reply is becoming common place. I laugh at how Kraft's camp came out and immediately proclaimed his innocence. Desperation, instead of responsibility.

deny everything, attack, attack, attack—admit nothing, launch counterattack.

Crush that playbook TMZ. Go get the disturbing video tape, and scar us all forever.

I am still reeling from that Brady kiss.
Please Jeebus, no. :pout: :surrender:eek:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I saw an interesting scenario that CBS Sports and a few other places put up. So, Arizona with the first pick ends up taking Kyler Murray to run Kliff Kingsbury's offense. They then trade Josh Rosen to the Redskins for the number 15 pick. With the Redskins tight cap space, Rosen only comes in at $4 million and the Redskins have their QB of the future. I'd certainly hope that Williams would consider this if the scenario plays out this way.....

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I saw an interesting scenario that CBS Sports and a few other places put up. So, Arizona with the first pick ends up taking Kyler Murray to run Kliff Kingsbury's offense. They then trade Josh Rosen to the Redskins for the number 15 pick. With the Redskins tight cap space, Rosen only comes in at $4 million and the Redskins have their QB of the future. I'd certainly hope that Williams would consider this if the scenario plays out this way.....

Rosen was 10th overall? I think his first season diminished that stature a little bit, honestly. I’d be bummed if the just used the 15th on Rosen now. I’d rather they picked “their own guy” with the 15. Like Lock.

I did mention in an earlier post in this thread, that I would be interested in trading for Rosen w the 15 IF they also swapped 2nd rounders. So 15 and 47 for Rosen and 33. I’d think seriously about that

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Rosen was 10th overall? I think his first season diminished that stature a little bit, honestly. I’d be bummed if the just used the 15th on Rosen now. I’d rather they picked “their own guy” with the 15. Like Lock.

I did mention in an earlier post in this thread, that I would be interested in trading for Rosen w the 15 IF they also swapped 2nd rounders. So 15 and 47 for Rosen and 33. I’d think seriously about that

I could do Rosen and 33 for 15 and 47. The 33 still allows Washington to either grab a game breaking receiver or a top defensive back.

I don't think Rosen lost any of his luster so to speak. Arizona was just an incredibly bad team last year and Steve Wilks was in over his head. The one thing I'll give Gruden credit for is he knows how to use quarterbacks and can usually develop a good game plan built on their strengths and fundamentals. There's a reason why Kirk Cousins looked like a $28 million dollar a year quarterback in Washington (suck on it Minnesota).

If the scenario for Rosen doesn't play out, I'm more than fine with the Redskins keeping 15 and drafting a guy like Daniel Jones from Duke. He's been coached by a guy who has had good luck with quarterbacks (Eli and Peyton Manning) and he's practiced with the Manning brothers the past several years. You can bet he's picked their brain to no end.

As for Lock, he scares the crap out of me. Million dollar talent and arm. No doubt about it. Hell of a gun, can play in the pocket and had no problems shredding SEC defenses. So, you know there's NFL upside there. However, he has a 10 cent brain though. He just doesn't think the game well and he continually makes mistakes that should have been coached out of him by now. I wonder if maybe there's a coachability issue with Lock.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I'd give one of the 3rds for Rosen. He looked awful last year. Giving up 15OA this year would be lunacy.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I saw a lot I didn’t like about Rosen last year. Have DJ in my keeper league so I was forced to endure watching him a good amount.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I could do Rosen and 33 for 15 and 47. The 33 still allows Washington to either grab a game breaking receiver or a top defensive back.

I don't think Rosen lost any of his luster so to speak. Arizona was just an incredibly bad team last year and Steve Wilks was in over his head. The one thing I'll give Gruden credit for is he knows how to use quarterbacks and can usually develop a good game plan built on their strengths and fundamentals. There's a reason why Kirk Cousins looked like a $28 million dollar a year quarterback in Washington (suck on it Minnesota).

If the scenario for Rosen doesn't play out, I'm more than fine with the Redskins keeping 15 and drafting a guy like Daniel Jones from Duke. He's been coached by a guy who has had good luck with quarterbacks (Eli and Peyton Manning) and he's practiced with the Manning brothers the past several years. You can bet he's picked their brain to no end.

As for Lock, he scares the crap out of me. Million dollar talent and arm. No doubt about it. Hell of a gun, can play in the pocket and had no problems shredding SEC defenses. So, you know there's NFL upside there. However, he has a 10 cent brain though. He just doesn't think the game well and he continually makes mistakes that should have been coached out of him by now. I wonder if maybe there's a coachability issue with Lock.

I’m scared of Rosen and his leadership skills. He’s got a little of the Jeff George/Jay Cutler thing going on for me.

Plus you’ve already lost a year of the initial contract w Rosen. A year closer to his “big payday”.

The other piece is that this is a *very* deep draft for D-Line men. Maybe the smart play is to draft another monster DL (edge rusher?) and stick pile nuts waiting for 2020....as Ripened Fruit is advocating.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We are so ripe to tank, but there is not a snowballs chance in hell Bruce is smart enough to take a year off.

In his defense, Fedex field will likely be destroyed by opposition NFC East fans this upcoming season if we deliberately and openly tank. Another year of the leagues worst game day experience will have ramifications.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This year for the Redskins should be just like lying down and taking it from a much bigger, scarier man in jail lol...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Have the Skins ever tanked under Snyder? I don't think it's in his nature. One of the chief complaints for years was how he'd load up on FAs during the offseason or run through coaches, trying to win now. The two times he's tried to sort of buck that trend were the illusion of control he gave to Shanahan for a long term plan, and the same situation with Gruden/McClou. And I don't think that was a real rebuild so much as a "let's give the Tampa boys time to turn things around".

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We are so ripe to tank, but there is not a snowballs chance in hell Bruce is smart enough to take a year off.

In his defense, Fedex field will likely be destroyed by opposition NFC East fans this upcoming season if we deliberately and openly tank. Another year of the leagues worst game day experience will have ramifications.

I’m 100% on board with this. Take McCoy and buy out smith eating that cap this year. Draft a DL WR this year and get your QB next year with a top 5 pick. If the situation arrives trade down and get your QB in the teens and have an extra pick next year. Also look at trading guys like Kerrigan who don’t fit in long term but will bring back young tallent.

It will never happen....... because we’re close

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m 100% on board with this. Take McCoy and buy out smith eating that cap this year. Draft a DL WR this year and get your QB next year with a top 5 pick. If the situation arrives trade down and get your QB in the teens and have an extra pick next year. Also look at trading guys like Kerrigan who don’t fit in long term but will bring back young tallent.

It will never happen....... because we’re close

HF strategy 101. Why stay close when you can rebuild instead? ;)

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Full-on tanking in the NFL is pretty rare in general, and in way would I consider Snyder a candidate to endorse it.

The thing is, you only have to do it once for a QB. After you have a long term top-5 player at QB it opens up an endless supply of options moving forward. 2020 is rife with QB prospects and our veteran QB, Smith, is most likely on the shelf in 2019. It’s as if life has provided The Rascist Monikers with an all-too-obvious chance to better their long term situation.

Of course Micro-P and Co will botch it because they are clearly a pack of dimwitted, weirdly arrogant assholes.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Have the Skins ever tanked under Snyder?

They haven't. Its been splurg on FA's then take a year, or three, to wiggle out of the finacial impact with bargain players that aren't bargains at all. Or, like in 2008, try to build through the draft to supplement whatever quality players are on the roster but the draft quickly turns into a failure and they have to start all over again.

To truly rebuild a team in the NFL is a 4-6 year process. 1-3 years to off load old/bad players and start building through the draft. Then another 1-3 years to continue building through the draft and developing drafted players. Snyder doesn't have the patience for that type of commitment. Its to bad really because if he did, and he started right now, by the time the process is complete he could have a franchise rebuilt from the ground up, built to last, in time to move into a new stadium.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They haven't. Its been splurg on FA's then take a year, or three, to wiggle out of the finacial impact with bargain players that aren't bargains at all. Or, like in 2008, try to build through the draft to supplement whatever quality players are on the roster but the draft quickly turns into a failure and they have to start all over again.

To truly rebuild a team in the NFL is a 4-6 year process. 1-3 years to off load old/bad players and start building through the draft. Then another 1-3 years to continue building through the draft and developing drafted players. Snyder doesn't have the patience for that type of commitment. Its to bad really because if he did, and he started right now, by the time the process is complete he could have a franchise rebuilt from the ground up, built to last, in time to move into a new stadium.

The fatal flaw that undermines even their ability to rebuild is they do NOTHING with their assets. When players are no longer needed they cut them or buy them out. The real value-conscious football trade is rare to non-existent, and when they do make a trade it usually blows up in their faces. That's not even mentioning the draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad